who likes malt loaf ?

i did !!!!

22 Comments

Original Poster

http://i42.tinypic.com/23ucshl.jpg

]http//ne…stm

A man got the shock of his life when he opened a loaf of bread and found … A man got the shock of his life when he opened a loaf of bread and found a whole mouse inside.North Antrim Magistrates Court heard how a man purchased a Hyndman's malt loaf from a supermarket in the Ballymoney area before Christmas 2007. When he unwrapped the loaf he discovered the small lifeless mammal embedded in the base of the bread. The judge fined the company, D Hyndman and Son Ltd, Maghera, £1,000 plus costs for placing unsafe food on the market. The managing director of the company was present in court to answer the charge. A defence lawyer told the court that the presence of the mouse was a shock to the company. He suggested it might have been put in the tin to "sabotage" the baker who has been in business for 60 years and has never had any complaints. The judge was shown pictures of the mouse in the loaf. The court heard that tins in which the bread is baked were oiled the night before they were filled with dough. Pest controlSome time between the tins being sprayed and being filled, the mouse got into the tin, a prosecuting lawyer said. "In fairness to the defendant they have engaged pest control services who regularly inspect the premises and did so before this incident," she said. The defence lawyer said an "onerous inspection" is held at the bakery every six weeks and that two field biologists attend each year. There are 131 bait stations in the premises at present, he said. Staff carry out daily inspections and two full-time cleaners are employed at the bakery who both work eight hours per day. In imposing the fine, the judge said he had considered public concern but also the steps taken by the company to ensure proper hygiene.

think i will be checking my malt loaf from now on,

Malt Loaf and meat - yummy

When we were kids we had one in the bottom of the ready brek bag. Havnt touched the stuff since, yuk.

:shock::-(:cry: Ugh.....I just vomited slightly in my mouth.

OMFG!!!! :shock: That's put me off for life!!

I still love it

dean3988;5460214

I still love it

This.

I was wondering what the free gift they were offering was!

REPORTED
best free gift ever! Should be posted in freebies or deals though!

Yes got one downstairs but mines a Soreen so not worried!

oh no vomit vomit barf vomit ...........still...... covered in a slice of lurpak ???

and it looks nothing like malt loaf ..more like a slice of meat

queenlush;5460436

and it looks nothing like malt loaf ..more like a slice of meat

Looks like Malt....loaf. As in a malted loaf of bread rather than what most of us know as malt loaf

bellabonkers;5460453

Looks like Malt....loaf. As in a malted loaf of bread rather than what … Looks like Malt....loaf. As in a malted loaf of bread rather than what most of us know as malt loaf

still making me heave hun lol .......i remember a story in the Sun years ago about someone finding a whole mouse in a tin of beans ..i still check to this day lol

oh my god i...epic 1000 th post lol

queenlush;5460581

still making me heave hun lol .......i remember a story in the Sun years … still making me heave hun lol .......i remember a story in the Sun years ago about someone finding a whole mouse in a tin of beans ..i still check to this day lol

Yes me too, was sainsburys beans which is what I eat!

Some of his songs are okay:whistling:

My sis reckons it'll be alright with a bit of butter on it:w00t:

... Sorry I thought you said meat loaf too
youtube.com/wat…Dz0

OMG !!!! Is that for real ?! :w00t:

OMG! .that poor mouse :-(
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again715
    2. How much would you pay for this chair?1517
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764096
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?68

See more discussions