Expired

Who pays postage for RMA?

Found 23rd Feb 2013
Hi,

I bought a camera (£100) less than 2 months ago (Dec28) and the other day it stopped switching on. The power switch is kinda loose. It's still taking a charge, just the switch is buggered. Iv seen others comment about having the same issue with this cam. It's a Muvi HD by Veho.

I bought it from Scan's ebay outlet. I arranged a replacemtn/repair with them and they sent me a shipping label. I packaged it up and was gonna post it then realised that it wasn't prepaid. Contacted them and they're saying they'd only cover the postage within 28 days.

Iv been reading stuff from the DSR and SOGA. I'm pretty sure within 6 months and as long as they don't say I caused the fault or that it isn't faulty they should have to pay? What do u guys think? They suck at communication BTW. I was a fan of Scan but Iv never had to return anything till now. I'm quickly starting to dislike them.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
you can post in to them at post office without paying upfront simply ask for proof of postage and will be given a receipt.
Banned
discount4cash

you can post in to them at post office without paying upfront simply ask … you can post in to them at post office without paying upfront simply ask for proof of postage and will be given a receipt.

they wont take it without postage being paid! oO
see here
which.co.uk/con…act
The Sale of Goods Act 1979 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item. I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.
I also require you to confirm whether you will arrange for the [item] to be collected or will reimburse me for the cost of returning it.

reasonable costs in returning the item are the responsability of the seller
Original Poster

Thanks for the help guys...

They caved when I sent them this one

I wish to draw your attention to r.14(6) of the Consumer Protection … I wish to draw your attention to r.14(6) of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (SI 2334) Which specifically states that, where goods are returned as a right due to a breach of a term imlpied by statute (specifically s. 14 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979), the rights, given by r. 14(5), of a seller (yourselves) to require the buyer (myself) to bear the cost of a return is disapplied.As such, the cost of bearing the return lies with yourselves. I therefore expect that you will fulfill your contractual and statutory obligation to refund my full costs including postage."In the case of faulty goods being returned because they are not fit for purpose, do not match their description, or are not of a satisfactory quality, the customer is entitled to claim the cost of postage from you or to request that you arrange collection of the item.The additional customer rights that apply to online and mail order customers are in the Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulations 2000, the Financial Services (Direct Marketing) Regulations and the Electronic Commerce Regulations. These are summarised in the OFT business guide, Home shopping: distance selling regulations, available from www.oft.gov.uk

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants