Expired

Who to comlain to about Debenhams online?

Found 2nd Dec 2011
Who can I complan to about Debenhams online?
I placed an order for an iron on the 18th November didnt recieve it until 25th November, and to top that up the iron is used!
They have taken the money, i have written a number of emails to the complaints department (head.office@contactdebenhams.com), they claimed i would get a reply in 5 working days and still nothing, I have ran up customer services a number of times and they are just really unhelpful and i'm fed up of having to chase them up, surely a company the size of Debenhams should be better placed to manage the xmas sales!
Any help would be great
thanks
Community Updates
Misc
77 Comments
Errrrr Debenhams?
misc
Do you want to complan or comlain?
have complained to debenhams 3 times, no reply!
send a letter that includes sales of goods act then they will reply
I would take the iron back to your closest Debenhams store and ask for a refund. Explain to them what happened they will be able to give you your money back. But you must remember you only have 28 days for a full refund. If you go past that they will only offer you "current selling price" which at the moment if there is a SALE on you will only get the reduced amount.
Hope that helps a bit.
your local MP
bossyboots

Is there a Debenhams store you could just go into and talk to a manager - … Is there a Debenhams store you could just go into and talk to a manager - face to face contact would be better

Not sure, i dont think i have a local debenhams well depends what you call local but nothing close enough to not go out of my way
tommay

your local MP

LOL
Send it back, with a note in and call them

I complained, sent two coats back only got refunded for one, they processed the refund straight away
Bexxa

I would take the iron back to your closest Debenhams store and ask for a … I would take the iron back to your closest Debenhams store and ask for a refund. Explain to them what happened they will be able to give you your money back. But you must remember you only have 28 days for a full refund. If you go past that they will only offer you "current selling price" which at the moment if there is a SALE on you will only get the reduced amount.Hope that helps a bit.

Ah ok, i didnt know that, but i dont have a local debehams, so wont be going back, but they better sort this out, now they claim i need to give them until next friday!
UK & N. Ireland customers

Telephone us:
0844 800 8877

EDIT: freebie number for head office customer services 01823 337979

Lines are open:
Monday to Friday 9am to 10pm, Saturday 9am to 8pm, Sunday 10am to 6pm

Write to us:
Customer Relations
Debenhams Retail Plc
1 Welbeck Street, London
W1G 0AA

Edited by: "numptyj" 2nd Dec 2011
jellybaby22

Call them up and ask to speak to a manager....usually works

they claim they are too busy, and said i need to see if i can help you first and that's as far as i get in trying to ask for the manager, they know they have messed up, the poor sod's keep saying sorry but that's not solving my issue
1. Debenhams
2. Police
3. Prime Minister
4. Fedz
5. God

Yep that's the number i've called about 10 times in the past 2 weeks now, so clocking up a bill as well!

haven't written a letter but sent a few emails and no replies

numptyj

UK & N. Ireland customersTelephone us:0844 800 8877Lines are open:Monday … UK & N. Ireland customersTelephone us:0844 800 8877Lines are open:Monday to Friday 9am to 10pm, Saturday 9am to 8pm, Sunday 10am to 6pmWrite to us:Customer RelationsDebenhams Retail Plc1 Welbeck Street, LondonW1G 0AA

dimebars

1. Debenhams2. Police3. Prime Minister4. Fedz5. God

LOLLLLLL
brfc

Yep that's the number i've called about 10 times in the past 2 weeks now, … Yep that's the number i've called about 10 times in the past 2 weeks now, so clocking up a bill as well!haven't written a letter but sent a few emails and no replies

I've edited my post with the freebie number. Keep plugging away using that one instead.

Thanks for that will keep at them

numptyj

I've edited my post with the freebie number. Keep plugging away using … I've edited my post with the freebie number. Keep plugging away using that one instead.

**** happens, just return the iron, you probably spent more in phone calls than the irons worth used or unused
jellybaby22

Be more insistent then...I would refuse to get off the phone until I … Be more insistent then...I would refuse to get off the phone until I spoke to a manager..... Or I would probably start shouting at them...:p

I can't shout at the staff, probably why it's taken so long, may have to try your technique
01823 364711

head office if a problem with debenhams products or servicing .
Ask to be out through to the resolution team.

from saynoto0870.com
deleted265520
Surely if your intention is to complain then by ringing up over ten times you have already complained ten times?

You've made your complaint - what else do you want?
"Who can I complan to about Debenhams online? "

Give Harrods a ring
If you can't get to a local one the you can use your return slip and post it back via Royal Mail or the Courier Service (get proof of postage). It is probably quicker doing that than trying to call the contact centre. The on-line business of Debenhams is different to the Stores Business . If you call you will only get through to a call centre and you wont get very far to be honost. Best bet is to send it back or return to store asap to get your money back...
head.office@contactdebenhams.com

email them i did! email them more times.
Edited by: "timtom13" 6th Dec 2011
I am writing this email to yourself as i am not happy with the service that i received from Debenhams
I ordered a Pink Vetech Laptop on November 21st 2011 in time for my daughters Birthday which is on December 5th 2011, i phoned the help line on 5 occasion to discuss why my order had not arrived and was informed that it would arrive in time the last time i called on Friday 2nd December 2011 to be told that it would arrive in time for Monday, IT DID NOT ARRIVE which means my daughter did not receive it in time for her birthday. On Monday the 5th off December her birthday i had to call again to be told that i would have to ring back again on Tuesday 6th December, i refused to do this as i was fed up of waiting. Kerry that i spoke to informed me that she would re order the item for me which she has done. I still am not happy as i have spent numerous amounts of money calling you and then to see my daughter open her presents and ask where is her lap top, i had to tell her that the shop had sold out as you can appreciate she was very upset, which as a parent is heart breaking. I am hoping now that the Lap Top is here in time for Xmas so that she is not disappointed again. I have used Debenhams all my life my Grandparents and parents all swear by Debenhams, I feel now that i have lost all faith in yourselves as a company and have passed my concerns on to my family and friends as well. I would like to think that i will receive a response from yourselves regarding this complaint and some compensation for my Daughter who had her birthday spoilt by the only present that she asked for did not arrive. We do not have a lot of money and could not afford to go out and purchase the laptop from a shop to replace the one that did not arrive as it did not take Debenhams long to take my money from my bank account when i ordered the item.

please do not hesitate to contact me

Mr and Mrs
I wrote a post about debenhams today-hadn't noticed this one-I also dealt with someone at CS called Kerry about my complaint about faulty item on 29/11/11.Called them again today as another 2 items and the replacement for the faulty one hadn't arrived. Asked for a reorder for the missing 2 her supervisor told me that she gave me wrong information and that items cannot be re-ordered-they need to find the original one first after raising tracking information, waiting 4-5 working days for it, then refunding or reissuing. Kerry had offered me a nominated date for the replacement delivery and no-one arrived....apparently they're tracing the recording of my initial complaint to find out exactly what she said to me....hope it's not the same 'Kerry' otherwise you have a bigger problem than you intially thought.....Today I spoke to a supervisor. Apparently they are having an awful lot of problems with deliveries at the moment. Supervisor wouldn't even guarantee x-mas delivery for me!!!!! Check our MSE for complaint letter template, including requesting compensation for time taken off work (which I had to do to exchange the faulty item for which no-one arrived!!)
I placed an order for a coat for my father on the 31st of December which arrived on 4th Jan. The coat was slightly small - I called the customer services to ask for an exchange for a size up. I was told the coat of the price had gone up (only 2 working days) and I had to pay the difference for the larger size. Complete nonsense! Will just get a refund and wont bother. The so called "manager" was of no help!
we had phone conversation earlier today from Warrington branch re my reward card, shop says i have points but not registered and you say I am registered but have no points, even after £53.50 purchase today, I was given a new blank card to register but unable to do so as my old card is still registered.
Hello I have previous accounts with you and recently went to merry hill to open a new account and it was declined they said it was because I might have a account opened but after making lots of full charged phone calls they said at the card services I have no accounts opened so I cannot give you account numbers I would like to know what the problem is all this to get a £20 discount I have now paid over £300.00 pounds and cannot get another store card this is bad if u left this on your system and I'm not a credit card holder
P p p p p p p p pokerface
dcx_badass

Hi, thank you for your message, here at Debenhams we take all comments … Hi, thank you for your message, here at Debenhams we take all comments seriously, I have let our relations team know of your issues, if you could please call (0) 870 60 70 446 and ask for David Jones, he's aware of the problem and will resolve it quickly for you.Thank you.Debenhams Customer Services team.

surferchick63

Hello I have previous accounts with you and recently went to merry hill … Hello I have previous accounts with you and recently went to merry hill to open a new account and it was declined they said it was because I might have a account opened but after making lots of full charged phone calls they said at the card services I have no accounts opened so I cannot give you account numbers I would like to know what the problem is all this to get a £20 discount I have now paid over £300.00 pounds and cannot get another store card this is bad if u left this on your system and I'm not a credit card holder

Welcome to Hot UK Debenhams

"this is bad, mmmmmmmmkay?"
I wondered if you could please send me an e-mail address,o f which i could send a customer complaint about the Kirkcaldy desire at debenhams store.
many thanks
finlay2211

I wondered if you could please send me an e-mail address,o f which i … I wondered if you could please send me an e-mail address,o f which i could send a customer complaint about the Kirkcaldy desire at debenhams store.many thanks

The head office email is head.office@contactdebenhams.com as stated at top of the page.

I had to complain last week and received a reply the next day.
Found a sweater on line at £38 less on that day an extra 10% manking the purchase £34.20. The sweater arrived and I am pleased with it, my only concern, the printed retail price on the garment ticket £35. I checked on line to see if the garment had been reduced from £38 to £35, it remains at £38.
Have any other customers come across this pricing difference before?
They've stitched you right up. I'd go to the police.
hi there,

does any one have Debenhams email address for complaints?

thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants