Groups

Who uses scented candles ? Are you concerned about the health risks?

So these articles say they are bad for your health

huffingtonpost.com/201…tml

wellnessmama.com/226…es/

dailymail.co.uk/fem…tml

While the national candle association says they are fine:

candles.org/faqs/

So should we be concerned or is there scare mongering going on here?

19 Comments

everything is gonna kill you... would probably need to sit with your face over the candle to get the amount of toxin needed to kill and by that point ur hair would be on fire

the national candle association? is that a real group? what the heck are they campaigning?

Dana Oliver is the executive fashion and beauty editor at The Huffington Post. She previously worked for AOL Stylelist, VIBE, Glamour.com and the NY City News Service. She loves neon manicures, Rihanna's constantly-changing hair, shopping at Zara, all things Michael Jackson and gelato.

Katie, the “Wellness Mama” is a wife and mom of six, as well as an award-winning blogger, author, podcaster and real food crusader. Her mission with WellnessMama.com is to provide simple answers for healthier families through practical tips, real food recipes, natural beauty and cleaning tutorials, natural remedies and more. As a mom of six, Katie has developed systems and tips for living a Wellness Lifestyle™ with a family and on a budget and she was recently named by greatist.com as one of the 100 most influential people in health and wellness along with Dr. Oz, Dr. Mercola, Food Babe and Tim Ferriss. She writes at WellnessMama.com and can be found on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and Pinterest.

The National Candle Association (NCA), founded in 1974, is the major trade association representing U.S. candle manufacturers and their suppliers. NCA also acts on behalf of the candle industry in helping promote the safe use and enjoyment of candles, and monitoring issues impacting the industry. Headquartered in Washington, DC, NCA has approximately 100 candle manufacturers and suppliers as members, and is widely recognized as the leading technical authority on candle manufacturing.

Original Poster

t3rm3y

the national candle association? is that a real group? what the heck are … the national candle association? is that a real group? what the heck are they campaigning?

There is also worldtoilet.org/

Original Poster

Rubisco

Dana Oliver is the executive fashion and beauty editor at The Huffington … Dana Oliver is the executive fashion and beauty editor at The Huffington Post. She previously worked for AOL Stylelist, VIBE, Glamour.com and the NY City News Service. She loves neon manicures, Rihanna's constantly-changing hair, shopping at Zara, all things Michael Jackson and gelato.Katie, the “Wellness Mama” is a wife and mom of six, as well as an award-winning blogger, author, podcaster and real food crusader. Her mission with WellnessMama.com is to provide simple answers for healthier families through practical tips, real food recipes, natural beauty and cleaning tutorials, natural remedies and more. As a mom of six, Katie has developed systems and tips for living a Wellness Lifestyle™ with a family and on a budget and she was recently named by greatist.com as one of the 100 most influential people in health and wellness along with Dr. Oz, Dr. Mercola, Food Babe and Tim Ferriss. She writes at WellnessMama.com and can be found on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and Pinterest.The National Candle Association (NCA), founded in 1974, is the major trade association representing U.S. candle manufacturers and their suppliers. NCA also acts on behalf of the candle industry in helping promote the safe use and enjoyment of candles, and monitoring issues impacting the industry. Headquartered in Washington, DC, NCA has approximately 100 candle manufacturers and suppliers as members, and is widely recognized as the leading technical authority on candle manufacturing.

That puts it in perspective when you put it like that

got a mate who has them yabkee ones lit all the time... They smell nice when you first go in, but jesus man. Open some windows and get some fresh air in.

I hate all scented things like that they numb the senses.

I use an oil burner with high quality essential oils and love it.
    My mother gave me an expensive scented candle and I couldn't even stand having it in the room in the packaging it was so strong.
    I never buy them as essential oils are much nicer and cheaper.

why worry about candles and fumes when there are worse ways to go. you could get knocked down by a bus or choke on something. ......... just saying

Original Poster

loumar76

why worry about candles and fumes when there are worse ways to go. you … why worry about candles and fumes when there are worse ways to go. you could get knocked down by a bus or choke on something. ......... just saying

You could but at the same time if i can prevent going early i want to!;)

You can't really take any health issues seriously when they are reported by the Daily Mail. Everything from blinking to writing with a fountain pen is likely to kill you according to them.

RossD89

You can't really take any health issues seriously when they are reported … You can't really take any health issues seriously when they are reported by the Daily Mail. Everything from blinking to writing with a fountain pen is likely to kill you according to them.

​That newspaper itself is likely to give give you cancer.

craigstephens

​That newspaper itself is likely to give give you cancer.

Only if you roll it up and smoke it

Who`d have thought walking about in a confined space inhaling burnt chemicals from a candle and from plug in "air fresheners" would be bad for you ? X)

I do like my scented candles but it is sensible to open windows.

It's funny how scented candles all just smell like burning candles to me

Not my thing at all, I like my windows open X)

summerof76

Not my thing at all, I like my windows open X)

summer ive noticed you've been using my Hai Karate

themachman

summer ive noticed you've been using my Hai Karate

I remember that smell very well
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hatchimals on Ebay - are they fake?11
      2. Ditched Sky1113
      3. Tough Doggy Ball Recommendations, Please?914
      4. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)56