Groups

Who Would You Pick For The England Team

Just wondered what 11 players you would choose to play for the England team.

12 Comments

Alan Shearer

Scored 2 last night :-D lol

SteJosh;2919280

Alan Shearer Scored 2 last night :-D lol

I'd give that kid out of Mcfly a go aswell tbh :-D

Being female I don't know a whole lot about football (although I do understand the offside rule before anyone asks) but if you ask me, they should make up a football team of retired players like Shearer, Redknapp, Sheringham, Beardsley etc as the pants lot we put in never play to their full potential because they seem far too worried about injuring themselves.

We were having this conversation last night after the shambles on Saturday and all feel that the teams must be saying to them "we'll release you for England but DON'T get injured," or simply not releasing them at all for ridiculous reasons ie "he's broken a toe nail but will be playing for our team on Saturday".

Which is better?, a team full of top class players that only play to 50% of their potential for not wanting to get injured, or lack of practice together, or a team that probably isn't as fit or fast, but will have more time to practice together as a team and will give 100% on the night? I know which I'd go for and isn't it worth a try - not that the England bosses would EVER consider this though.

I've just read this back and I have to say, for someone that doesn't know a whole lot about football, I think I talk a lot of sense!!

If all fit..........

GK: David James

LB: Ashley Cole
    CB: John Terry
    CB: Rio Ferdinand
    RB: Wes Brown

LM: Joe Cole
    CM: Steven Gerrard
    CM: Owen Hargreaves
    RM: David Bentley

STR: Owen
    STR: Rooney

Original Poster

Annie1508;2919292

Being female I don't know a whole lot about football (although I do … Being female I don't know a whole lot about football (although I do understand the offside rule before anyone asks) but if you ask me, they should make up a football team of retired players like Shearer, Redknapp, Sheringham, Beardsley etc as the pants lot we put in never play to their full potential because they seem far too worried about injuring themselves. We were having this conversation last night after the shambles on Saturday and all feel that the teams must be saying to them "we'll release you for England but DON'T get injured," or simply not releasing them at all for ridiculous reasons ie "he's broken a toe nail but will be playing for our team on Saturday". Which is better?, a team full of top class players that only play to 50% of their potential for not wanting to get injured, or lack of practice together, or a team that probably isn't as fit or fast, but will have more time to practice together as a team and will give 100% on the night.I've just read this back and I have to say, for someone that doesn't know a whole lot about football, I think I talk a lot of sense!!

Lol :-D You're right, you do make a lot of sense !! And I do agree with you actually :thumbsup:

Me,:whistling: !! I'm rubish, but if I could just con them for a day, the money i get will be V handy :w00t:

GK: David James - (Joe Hart very soon)

RB: Micah Richards

LM: Joe Cole
    CM: Gareth Barry
    RM: Theo Walcott

STR: Owen
    STR: Rooney

S1: Joe Hart
    S2: Joleon Lescott
    S3: Wes Brown
    S4: Frank Lampard
    S5: Shaun Wright-Phillips
    S6: Jermain Defoe
    S7: Peter Crouch

v2drinkers;2919350

I'd stop the england team paying the players to play for england. cover … I'd stop the england team paying the players to play for england. cover their flights, hotels and food expenses but not pay them to play and then you will get only the players that actually love playing for england rather than those looking for a free holiday and paying.Lets start getting players playing for the love of it.

I thought they started donating the cash they made whilst playing for england.

Edit:

uk.reuters.com/art…609

abc.net.au/new…htm

GK: Joe Hart

LW: Ashley Young
    CM: Joe Cole
    RW: David Bentley

CF: Gabby Agbonlahor
    CF: Theo Walcott

Rooney and about every other forward we have seem to have forgotten where the goal is!! Give some of the kids a go, Mr Capello!!

LB: Ashley Cole.
    CB: John Terry.
    CB: Rio Ferdinand.
    RB: Micah Richards.

LM: Joe Cole.
    CM: Steven Gerrard.
    CM: Owen Hargreaves.
    RM: David Bentley.

STR: Owen.
    STR: Rooney.

:-D

-----------------------Hart-----------------------

Richards----Ferdinand----Terry----Cole

------Lampard/Hargreaves----Barry-------

Bentley-----------Gerrard-----------Young

---------------------Crouch--------------------

442 doesn't work for England in the modern game. Put a target man up top who can knock it back for Gerrard/Lampard/Barry, and can also be a threat from crosses from out wide (ok... Crouch possibly not the best for this :whistling:)

LB: Wayne Bridge
    CB: Rio Ferdinad
    CB: Jonathan Woodgate

CM: Gareth Barry

LW: Ashley Young
    AM: Joe Cole
    RW: Theo Walcott

ST: Crouch
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861857
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661379
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846149
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44

See more discussions