Groups

Who would you recommend for Broadband and Line Rental?

I'm with BT at the moment but looking to change as the prices per month are getting too high. Was thinking of swapping to EE fibre broadband as it's £20 cheaper, and roughly the same connection speed.

Virgin isn't an option as they aren't available in my area.

9 Comments

Do you have any special offers in your my account section ? mine always shows the higher speed infinity at a very good price on a longer contract currently Unlimited Infinity 2 with line rental at £35.49 for 2 years I signed up to 1 year 52mb speed, they increased the price recently then I had a offer to sign up for 2 years for a couple of quid a month less than I had signed up for. More than happy with that I previously had talk talk which were a total nightmare for the entire 18 months I was with them! I have no idea what they are like for keeping customers maybe its worth phoning to cancel contract and see what they offer you!
    Edited by: "Limara" 14th Apr

Original Poster

Limara

Do you have any special offers in your my account section ? mine always … Do you have any special offers in your my account section ? mine always shows the higher speed infinity at a very good price on a longer contract. I signed up to 1 year 52mb speed, they increased the price recently then I had a offer to sign up for 2 years for less than I had signed up for. More than happy with that I previously had talk talk which were a total nightmare for the entire 18 months I was with them! I have no idea what they are like for keeping customers maybe its worth phoning to cancel contract and see what they offer you!

I just looked and i do indeed have a special offer - saving £2.50 a month on my Infinity 2! Think they will need to do more than that to tempt me to save!

Currently I'm paying £55 a month for Infinity 2.
    Edited by: "scottishgamer" 14th Apr

I thought if Fibre was available then Virgin Media would be available. Were they the only installers back in the day of NTL ?

scottishgamer

I just looked and i do indeed have a special offer - saving £2.50 a month … I just looked and i do indeed have a special offer - saving £2.50 a month on my Infinity 2! Think they will need to do more than that to tempt me to save!Currently I'm paying £55 a month for Infinity 2.

Call 0800800150 and request to be put through to their retentions team (customer options team), if you are out of contract and are looking to leave they will attempt to offer you a better priced package to keep you as a customer. Also, do you really need Infinity 2, as Infinity 1 gives you speed up to 52Mb and will be cheaper.

Original Poster

robertr

Call 0800800150 and request to be put through to their retentions team … Call 0800800150 and request to be put through to their retentions team (customer options team), if you are out of contract and are looking to leave they will attempt to offer you a better priced package to keep you as a customer. Also, do you really need Infinity 2, as Infinity 1 gives you speed up to 52Mb and will be cheaper.

Yeah I asked there chat if I could go down to Infinity 1 but the guy said I couldn't because I still have 4 months left on my contract. Might try giving them a call.

scottishgamer

Yeah I asked there chat if I could go down to Infinity 1 but the guy said … Yeah I asked there chat if I could go down to Infinity 1 but the guy said I couldn't because I still have 4 months left on my contract. Might try giving them a call.

I am in the same boat as you, getting charged £60 from BT and never ever use our landline for calls! Only thing we use is internet & BT Sport (when it works) ..... can't get Virgin for another few months (have only just laid the cable or whatever it was they were doing with the pavements

See which is cheapest by looking at cashback.

Sky, BT, EE Fibre, Talk Talk, Vodafone are all no traffic management unlimited.

The thing about broadband is, it might work great for Mr Smith in Birmingham and work extremely poor for Mr Jones in Brighton. It's really area dependent. When I had VM in London it was great. Hardly ever broke. When I moved, it was terrible nothing but problems.

I'm currently looking at Vodafone. It has some bad reviews, but to be fair most ISPs have bad reviews on sites like trustpilot. Vodafone is doing 70 something mbit for what I'm paying sky for 40mbit and they're charging only £1 for installation.. something to think about.

Also as the post above mine says, take a look at cashback (and also VM is also no traffic management if you pay for that option which is a lot more.)

Guess I was lucky with my bt offer, don't seem right people have same offers for different prices I would be phoning retentions armed with another offer, my son has recently took out the top sky fibre and he is more than happy with that after changing from Virgin.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Legal advice33
      2. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?59
      3. Samsung Galaxy S666
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2636

See more discussions