Whoops ITALY fails to qualify for World Cup, 1st time in 60 years

Found 14th Nov 2017
Pride comes before a fall...

Italy coach a week ago...
"To be honest, I've never even considered that we could not go to the World Cup because I'm absolutely convinced we will be going," Ventura told a news conference. "Obviously it's an important moment -- it is for me and for my history, but also for the players.

"We've got great conviction, serenity, determination -- we're convinced we can qualify. All of this is down to two components, which give me this extreme faith. One is the great willingness and determination of these lads, and the other is the fact that 60,000 tickets have sold out in a flash for the [return game at] San Siro.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

All of this is down to two components, which give me this extreme faith. One is the great willingness and determination of these lads, and the other is the fact that 60,000 tickets have sold out in a flash for the [return game at] San Siro.

Isn’t that three things?
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 14th Nov 2017

Predikuesi51 m ago

All of this is down to two components, which give me this extreme faith. …All of this is down to two components, which give me this extreme faith. One is the great willingness and determination of these lads, and the other is the fact that 60,000 tickets have sold out in a flash for the [return game at] San Siro.Isn’t that three things?

my calculator says 60002 things

I thibk pride comes before a fall with Italy.

Diddums, Italy have been on the decline for many years.

This is what you get when you employ a manager whose only achievement is winning the Serie C title.

Italy have never really replaced Del Piero so have struggled up top. This has changed recently with Insigne & Belotti but still it isn't enough. They are also missing a midfield maestro in Pirlo. You can't automatically qualify with a decent defence and fill the rest with mediocrity.

I feel a bit bad for Buffon but other than that I'm glad Sweden won. I'm hoping there is some sort of injury crisis and Zlatan is "forced" out of retirement.

No real big surprises here.

World Cup 2014

32432529-0E6cn.jpg

If we played Italy home and away 10 times they would end up with more points that us.

I'm Italian so

The players are just not that good anymore. No way they can remotely compare to the ones who won the World Cup in Germany.

On the bright side, they saved on accommodation and travel expenses.
England still have to pay for theirs before they get knocked out and get destroyed by the press.
Post a comment
@
    Text