Whoops Shadow home secretary, Diane Abbot confused again

Found 4th Nov 2017
“I believe in votes at 16. If you are old enough to fight for your country you are old enough to vote.”

Well no combat allowed at age 18.

She is the pride of Labour!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

THIS IDIOT IS A TAX PAYER FUNDED NATIONAL DISGRACE. A true incompetent at everything. Some might argue the race card keeps her in a job!

Graham19797 h, 40 m ago

THIS IDIOT IS A TAX PAYER FUNDED NATIONAL DISGRACE. A true incompetent at …THIS IDIOT IS A TAX PAYER FUNDED NATIONAL DISGRACE. A true incompetent at everything. Some might argue the race card keeps her in a job!

Bit harsh, saying that about the OP.

@davewave

"Well no combat allowed at age 18."

Did you mean?...

"Well, no; combat allowed at age 18."

The Dave and Graham show continues to... bore.
63 Comments

You can still sign up to fight, and besides if/when WW3 outbreaks I’m sure they’ll be fighting then

Dolphinzz15 m ago

You can still sign up to fight, and besides if/when WW3 outbreaks I’m sure …You can still sign up to fight, and besides if/when WW3 outbreaks I’m sure they’ll be fighting then

You can join the military but you will not see active duty until 18 years old unless the rules are changed which would only be IMHO considered if WW3 did break out and conscription plus call ups (of reservists) had already been implemented..

Long gone are the days when boys were men leaving school at 12 and working down the pit or in the docks and therefore able to fight in the military
Edited by: "philphil61" 4th Nov 2017

She's suffering from mad cow disease
32371405-cvsTq.jpg

@davewave

"Well no combat allowed at age 18."

Did you mean?...

"Well, no; combat allowed at age 18."

THIS IDIOT IS A TAX PAYER FUNDED NATIONAL DISGRACE. A true incompetent at everything. Some might argue the race card keeps her in a job!

The sum of her intelligence. Comrade Jeremy will probably make her the Chancellor of the Exchequer if he ever conned his way into power

You know fullwell what her context was. Its pretty pathetic that you act like a pack of wolves while ignoring the far more serious things done by tories such as resigning because you can't keep your hands to yourself.

You join at 16 as a soldier yes with the expectation that you will fight the shortest time you can be inlisted for is 12 years, tho before 18 you can leave any time after 18 you are expected do at least 4 years are you not?

As you are only allowed to join as young as 16 as a regular soldier to do basic training ahead of a career rather then go straight into something like engineering or office work then it is implied that you are willing to fight and by accepting you at such a young age to be taught weapons training, fitness and survival skills the MOD has accepted you as a child willing to fight if needs be.

To claim otherwise would mean you'd have to apply your own fractured logic to other similar training practices, for example a child under age at a terrorist training camp would have to not be treated as a potential terrorist until they are a adult or on active duty so to speak or a child soldier in Africa.

Sorry 14 is when they can start being trained towards it
army.mod.uk/cam…ge/
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 5th Nov 2017

Original Poster

fanpages7 h, 37 m ago

@davewave "Well no combat allowed at age 18."Did you mean?..."Well, no; …@davewave "Well no combat allowed at age 18."Did you mean?..."Well, no; combat allowed at age 18."

Well, no. Check your fax.

Original Poster

Segata-Sanshiro46 m ago

You know fullwell what her context was. Its pretty pathetic that you act …You know fullwell what her context was. Its pretty pathetic that you act like a pack of wolves while ignoring the far more serious things done by tories such as resigning because you can't keep your hands to yourself.You join at 16 as a soldier yes with the expectation that you will fight the shortest time you can be inlisted for is 12 years, tho before 18 you can leave any time after 18 you are expected do at least 4 years are you not?As you are only allowed to join as young as 16 as a regular soldier to do basic training ahead of a career rather then go straight into something like engineering or office work then it is implied that you are willing to fight and by accepting you at such a young age to be taught weapons training, fitness and survival skills the MOD has accepted you as a child willing to fight if needs be.To claim otherwise would mean you'd have to apply your own fractured logic to other similar training practices, for example a child under age at a terrorist training camp would have to not be treated as a potential terrorist until they are a adult or on active duty so to speak or a child soldier in Africa.Sorry 14 is when they can start being trained towards it http://www.army.mod.uk/camouflage/

ignoring the fact that a rape was encouraged to be hushed up in case it affected her Labour career, heard of Bex Bailey?
Edited by: "davewave" 5th Nov 2017

Segata-Sanshiro54 m ago

You know fullwell what her context was. Its pretty pathetic that you act …You know fullwell what her context was. Its pretty pathetic that you act like a pack of wolves while ignoring the far more serious things done by tories such as resigning because you can't keep your hands to yourself.You join at 16 as a soldier yes with the expectation that you will fight the shortest time you can be inlisted for is 12 years, tho before 18 you can leave any time after 18 you are expected do at least 4 years are you not?As you are only allowed to join as young as 16 as a regular soldier to do basic training ahead of a career rather then go straight into something like engineering or office work then it is implied that you are willing to fight and by accepting you at such a young age to be taught weapons training, fitness and survival skills the MOD has accepted you as a child willing to fight if needs be.To claim otherwise would mean you'd have to apply your own fractured logic to other similar training practices, for example a child under age at a terrorist training camp would have to not be treated as a potential terrorist until they are a adult or on active duty so to speak or a child soldier in Africa.Sorry 14 is when they can start being trained towards it http://www.army.mod.uk/camouflage/

Your second sentence is incoherent unless you meant what you wrote. Are you saying that it’s a serious thing for Tory politicians to resign because davewave can’t keep his hands to himself? That is a serious allegation, but I see no need for Tory members to resign over it.

Original Poster

Segata-Sanshiro1 h, 4 m ago

You and Diane have your logic.
Edited by: "davewave" 5th Nov 2017

Graham19797 h, 40 m ago

THIS IDIOT IS A TAX PAYER FUNDED NATIONAL DISGRACE. A true incompetent at …THIS IDIOT IS A TAX PAYER FUNDED NATIONAL DISGRACE. A true incompetent at everything. Some might argue the race card keeps her in a job!

Bit harsh, saying that about the OP.

davewave44 m ago

Well, no. Check your fax.

I just wondered if you had. Carry on.

32372151-C47h6.jpg

If Corbyn ever stepped down she could step in as leader of the party. Imagine if May resigned and Boris took over, we could be left with a choice between the two at the next election lol.

Whatever the age, you join with an intent to fight or you join with an intent not to fight, it is the former surely?!

Segata-Sanshiro2 h, 17 m ago

Are you suggesting children should be voting at 14 then?

I fact checked, she said, "‘If you’re old enough to fight for your country, you’re old enough to vote.’

This is a correct intelligent statement.

The verb and its intent, "to fight" begins long before when one starts to combat. Why? Firstly , there is attestation which is at the final stage of recruitment to be a regular at 16. Secondly, for any fighter, formal or informal, to fight begins well before combat. Thirdly, one asks when does the will start to exist to fight? This will is unlikely to begin for the first time after you hear a bang on a battlefield.

Another words, the press and anyone who likes this news report of Diane Abbott, are a national disgrace to our honourable 16 year olds, or even younger as cadets, serving our country in preparation for the hour of need.

Addendum:
The negative news is an affront and cynical to the meaning of "to fight" for our armed forces.
when someone pledges, "I" join and "I" shall fight and "I" shall vow an oath of allegiance to the Queen", this fighting spirit and will begins on "Day 1" and is long before when one walks on the battlefield. To be so dismissive of one's toil and allegiance from "Day 1" to "D Day" is an insult to one's grace and forbearance.
Edited by: "splender" 5th Nov 2017

Original Poster

splender8 m ago

I fact checked, she said, "‘If you’re old enough to fight for your cou …I fact checked, she said, "‘If you’re old enough to fight for your country, you’re old enough to vote.’This is a correct intelligent statement. The verb and its intent, "to fight" begins long before when one starts to combat. Why? Firstly , there is attestation which is at the final stage of recruitment to be a regular at 16. Secondly, for any fighter, formal or informal, to fight begins well before combat. Thirdly, one asks when does the will start to exist to fight? This will is unlikely to begin for the first time after you hear a bang on a battlefield.

You and Diane are clearly of similar intellect.

32373042-vAO12.jpg

davewave7 m ago

You and Diane are clearly of similar intellect. [Image]

She is far more intelligent than me and is evidenced by the fact that I am a pleb and she is in the shadow cabinet.

Original Poster

splender1 m ago

She is far more intelligent than me and is evidenced by the fact that I am …She is far more intelligent than me and is evidenced by the fact that I am a pleb and she is in the shadow cabinet.

Oh OK then, Diane Abbott is more intelligent than you, if you insist.

davewave17 m ago

whether one likes Abbott or not (or her politics), one should not exploit innocent and honourable young folks cynically at the expense of their kindred spirits "to fight" so as to have a jibe at Abbott

Original Poster

splender2 m ago

whether one likes Abbott or not (or her politics), one should not exploit …whether one likes Abbott or not (or her politics), one should not exploit innocent and honourable young folks cynically at the expense of their kindred spirits "to fight" so as to have a jibe at Abbott

That's crystal clear now, you really have a way with the English language.

davewave28 m ago

Although I don't hold her in particularly high regard, we should at least be balanced and fair to Diane. The daughter of a welder, and a nurse, she obtained a Masters degree in History at Cambridge. I am not sure precisely what has happened since to make her appear so intellectually clumsy, (Ego and Arrogance?) but the level of disdain in which she is held should at least be measured. I have even known of people who have faked attendance at Cambridge as a means to try and impress - now that is worthy of genuine disdain, and pity.

Original Poster

Saturn4 m ago

Although I don't hold her in particularly high regard, we should at least …Although I don't hold her in particularly high regard, we should at least be balanced and fair to Diane. The daughter of a welder, and a nurse, she obtained a Masters degree in History at Cambridge. I am not sure precisely what has happened since to make her appear so intellectually clumsy, (Ego and Arrogance?) but the level of disdain in which she is held should at least be measured. I have even known of people who have faked attendance at Cambridge as a means to try and impress - now that isworthy of genuine disdain, and pity.

She is a racist and a buffoon, I hold her in the same regard as Trump and Corbyn.

davewave9 m ago

That's crystal clear now, you really have a way with the English language.

Just to make myself bl00dy clear and to "The Sun" et al, the action verb "to fight" in the English language and in the military context, does not mean "to combat" only, the army has logistics, Royal Signals, intelligence personnel, spies, command HQ, auxillaries, chefs, medics, mechanics etc.. They all fight the enemy.

So if you're not on the front line you're not a real soldier? is that what you're saying?

Pretty disrespectful Dave.
Shame on your for disrespecting all those men and women that have helped defend this country.
Edited by: "teh.arn" 5th Nov 2017

Saturn30 m ago

Although I don't hold her in particularly high regard, we should at least …Although I don't hold her in particularly high regard, we should at least be balanced and fair to Diane. The daughter of a welder, and a nurse, she obtained a Masters degree in History at Cambridge. I am not sure precisely what has happened since to make her appear so intellectually clumsy, (Ego and Arrogance?) but the level of disdain in which she is held should at least be measured. I have even known of people who have faked attendance at Cambridge as a means to try and impress - now that is worthy of genuine disdain, and pity.

Is she anymore clumsy then anyone else or is the media and people like dave unjustifiably picking on her, often out of context compared to other MPs whom regularly put themselves up for it as we all do? We do have to ask then why with proven idiots like boris Johnson seemingly getting away with anything and being portrayed by the press as lovable for his ineptitude why she is getting all this flack so often, to me i can only assume it is because she is both female and black.

Segata-Sanshiro1 m ago

Is she anymore clumsy then anyone else or is the media and people like …Is she anymore clumsy then anyone else or is the media and people like dave unjustifiably picking on her, often out of context compared to other MPs whom regularly put themselves up for it as we all do? We do have to ask then why with proven idiots like boris Johnson seemingly getting away with anything and being portrayed by the press as lovable for his ineptitude why she is getting all this flack so often, to me i can only assume it is because she is both female and black.

You're able to sign up to the Army at 16, Dave is just being disrespectful to the armed forces whilst trying to justify it.

Just because they're not on the front line doesn't mean that they're any less important.

No surprise there.
Edited by: "teh.arn" 5th Nov 2017

teh.arn2 m ago

You're able to sign up to the Army at 16, Dave is just being disrespectful …You're able to sign up to the Army at 16, Dave is just being disrespectful to the armed forces whilst trying to justify it.Just because they're not on the front line doesn't mean that they're any less important.No surprise there.

As far as I'm concerned its all a matter of intent and in the armed forces that intent is nurtured from age 14

The Dave and Graham show continues to... bore.

I do wish some people would fact check before posting their drivel

Restrictive terms of service
After their first six months, minors are committed to remaining in the forces until turning 22. Whereas an adult commits to serve for four years, a minor is committed for four years from his/her 18th birthday – up to six years in total

Although members of the armed forces cannot legally be deployed on the frontline until they turn 18, once they become adults they continue to serve based on a commitment they made as a minor with no opportunity to reassess this commitment as an adult.

parliament.uk/doc…pdf

In basic language - a minor (a military person under the age of 18) would never be put in a frontline/combat position whether direct or indirect. It's against the UK law, the military law and international law.

And if, as a military person, you wanted to do it the easy way and get out of your "military contract" there are several paths available from drug use to medical discharge to gender orientation.

Segata-Sanshiro2 h, 32 m ago

As far as I'm concerned its all a matter of intent and in the armed forces …As far as I'm concerned its all a matter of intent and in the armed forces that intent is nurtured from age 14

At 14 you can intend to fight once you're allowed to do so at 18.

At 14 you can intend to vote once you're allowed to do so at 18.

Rubisco4 m ago

At 14 you can intend to fight once you're allowed to do so at 18.At 14 you …At 14 you can intend to fight once you're allowed to do so at 18.At 14 you can intend to vote once you're allowed to do so at 18.

But you are not taken into a system at 14 and prepared\ trained to vote but you are done so to fight thus the intent is being engaged and encouraged to kill people at 18 and having all the necessary skills to do so before that time

Segata-Sanshiro2 m ago

But you are not taken into a system at 14 and prepared\ trained to vote …But you are not taken into a system at 14 and prepared\ trained to vote but you are done so to fight thus the intent is being engaged and encouraged to kill people at 18 and having all the necessary skills to do so before that time

Well then the answer is better political education in schools to prepare young people for adult things like voting.

Rubisco5 m ago

Well then the answer is better political education in schools to prepare …Well then the answer is better political education in schools to prepare young people for adult things like voting.

A strange reply, there is no answer as there is no question, the thread is an attack on someone for a comment deliberately taken out of context, because the fact remains the age at which you join the army is lower then that of voting and it is conceivable that we could have child soldiers, never say never, my grandfather was a bugle boy and he certainly wasn't 14 when he was in the trenches

Banned

So you can join the Army @ 16yrs, Navy @ 17yrs & RAF @ 15yrs 9mths.

What is the big deal? The OP must really hate Diane Abbot.

I am sure if the service bases were bombed or attacked the kids would be allowed weapons.

Original Poster

Kmore14 m ago

So you can join the Army @ 16yrs, Navy @ 17yrs & RAF @ 15yrs 9mths. What …So you can join the Army @ 16yrs, Navy @ 17yrs & RAF @ 15yrs 9mths. What is the big deal? The OP must really hate Diane Abbot. I am sure if the service bases were bombed or attacked the kids would be allowed weapons.

You are "sure" are you, yeah the British Army usually bend the rules like that, no discipline I suppose or respect for rules.

Have a great weekend.

Abbott is good for cheering me up with her buffoonery, child-like arguments, overt self aggrandizing racism and her pathetic and obviously fake 'sicknote' type excuses when expected to stand up for her beliefs.

I hope she can one day control her bigotry and love for all foods fatty and fried, otherwise the poor love might have to give up her job as an MP and we wouldn't have an opposition for the other clowns Boris and SNP's Mark McDonald.

davewave13 m ago

You are "sure" are you, yeah the British Army usually bend the rules like …You are "sure" are you, yeah the British Army usually bend the rules like that, no discipline I suppose or respect for rules.Have a great weekend.Abbott is good for cheering me up with her buffoonery, child-like arguments, overt self aggrandizing racism and her pathetic and obviously fake 'sicknote' type excuses when expected to stand up for her beliefs. I hope she can one day control her bigotry and love for all foods fatty and fried, otherwise the poor love might have to give up her job as an MP and we wouldn't have an opposition for the other clowns Boris and SNP's Mark McDonald.

Sounds like shes a mirror of you Dave.

Oh and I might add its lovely of you to insult her wieght as well, i look forward to you pointing out such issues with Trump whom loves his unhealthy foods
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 5th Nov 2017

Banned

davewave51 m ago

You are "sure" are you, yeah the British Army usually bend the rules like …You are "sure" are you, yeah the British Army usually bend the rules like that, no discipline I suppose or respect for rules.

For example take a look at The Falklands - The Battle of Mount Longdon & then you will realise you are wrong.

You can apologise after you read the story but obviously I don't expect that.
Edited by: "Kmore" 5th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions