Burger King - Whopper and Chicken Royals Meal with Drink and Fries for £5.99 - Via BK App

Posted 15th Oct
WHopper and chicken royals meal with drink and fries for 5.99£ thru app3309811.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

19 Comments
That's 1p more than a whopper meal and chicken royal separately through the app
£6 for that garbage wow just wow, I had no idea that rubbish actually cost so much.:)
thomasleep15/10/2019 21:27

£6 for that garbage wow just wow, I had no idea that rubbish actually cost …£6 for that garbage wow just wow, I had no idea that rubbish actually cost so much.:)

So you didn't know the price of it, therefore you haven't ever bought it, which means you've never tried it.

How did you come to conclusion its "garbage"?

Genuinely curious.
O2mee15/10/2019 19:54

That's 1p more than a whopper meal and chicken royal separately through …That's 1p more than a whopper meal and chicken royal separately through the app

But 1 code per person
J4GG415/10/2019 21:44

So you didn't know the price of it, therefore you haven't ever bought it, …So you didn't know the price of it, therefore you haven't ever bought it, which means you've never tried it.How did you come to conclusion its "garbage"?Genuinely curious.

£6 for junk food that is called a meal, I do not need to try it (or would want to) to know the nutritional content and the ridiculously high cost for the most basic of mass produced and processed food stuff. Honest answer as you said you were curious is that i could buy much better ingredients and make the thing myself for far less. If processed food is your thing and cooking is not then i have no objection to you parting with £6 for that Garbage
thomasleep15/10/2019 21:53

£6 for junk food that is called a meal, I do not need to try it (or would …£6 for junk food that is called a meal, I do not need to try it (or would want to) to know the nutritional content and the ridiculously high cost for the most basic of mass produced and processed food stuff. Honest answer as you said you were curious is that i could buy much better ingredients and make the thing myself for far less. If processed food is your thing and cooking is not then i have no objection to you parting with £6 for that Garbage

I do like a burger once in a while, these aren't garbage compared to 100's and 100's of other shops selling burgers. They are OK once every few months. Info taken from burger king site:

100% BEEF. Our beef patties are made with 100% beef with no fillers, no preservatives, no additives, no nonsense. We also make sure that our flagship product, the WHOPPER® Sandwich, with 1/4 lb* of savory flame-grilled beef.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 15th Oct
J4GG415/10/2019 22:04

I like burgers and, these aren't garbage compared to 100's and 100's of …I like burgers and, these aren't garbage compared to 100's and 100's of other shops selling burgers. They are OK once every few months. Info taken from burger king site:100% BEEF. Our beef patties are made with 100% beef with no fillers, no preservatives, no additives, no nonsense. We also make sure that our flagship product, the WHOPPER® Sandwich, with 1/4 lb* of savory flame-grilled beef.

Like is said you part with £6 for it not a problem, oh by the way did you factor in the bun fries and drink into your equation, frozen /defrosted? Like I said I could make the thing cheaper and with much better ingredients, much better for less. I am happy with your choice and I would hope you would be happy with mine. Again enjoy your vastly overpriced food and if I consider it garbage that is my opinion and you clearly have a different one. So lets call it day, you part with £6 for that one snack and I will enjoy my own meal many time over for the same £6
thomasleep15/10/2019 22:14

Like is said you part with £6 for it not a problem, oh by the way did you …Like is said you part with £6 for it not a problem, oh by the way did you factor in the bun fries and drink into your equation, frozen /defrosted? Like I said I could make the thing cheaper and with much better ingredients, much better for less. I am happy with your choice and I would hope you would be happy with mine. Again enjoy your vastly overpriced food and if I consider it garbage that is my opinion and you clearly have a different one. So lets call it day, you part with £6 for that one snack and I will enjoy my own meal many time over for the same £6

What £6 meal do you get when out and about?
J4GG415/10/2019 22:20

What £6 meal do you get when out and about?

Not that, in short,do let it go. Move on, there are thousands of posts on here that will bite.
Edited by: "thomasleep" 15th Oct
J4GG415/10/2019 21:44

But 1 code per person

True, though i find there's almost always someone serving who's flexible. I prefer to get just the burger and 50p fries separately. The chilli cheese bites too if I want to feel ill after. Sooooooo tasty at the time
thomasleep15/10/2019 22:14

Like is said you part with £6 for it not a problem, oh by the way did you …Like is said you part with £6 for it not a problem, oh by the way did you factor in the bun fries and drink into your equation, frozen /defrosted? Like I said I could make the thing cheaper and with much better ingredients, much better for less. I am happy with your choice and I would hope you would be happy with mine. Again enjoy your vastly overpriced food and if I consider it garbage that is my opinion and you clearly have a different one. So lets call it day, you part with £6 for that one snack and I will enjoy my own meal many time over for the same £6

Could you employ a cook to cook the food, a cashier to sell it and buy all the ingredients for £5 (the other £1 goes to the government as VAT)? This doesn't seem that overpriced for two sandwiches, fries and a drink cooked and served for you.
. Many places manage to do exactly what you are asking. Short answer YES
thomasleep16/10/2019 15:59

. Many places manage to do exactly what you are asking. Short answer YES

Any examples?
At Pret one cold sandwich and a drink would probably be almost £6.
Maybe an independent sandwich bar you could get two sandwiches and a drink for around £6 but not sure they would be hot.
Even at Subway its probably going to be £6 for a footlong sub and drink and crisps
jon81uk16/10/2019 16:18

Any examples?At Pret one cold sandwich and a drink would probably be …Any examples?At Pret one cold sandwich and a drink would probably be almost £6.Maybe an independent sandwich bar you could get two sandwiches and a drink for around £6 but not sure they would be hot.Even at Subway its probably going to be £6 for a footlong sub and drink and crisps

We eat in different places there are places local to me that I could eat similar stuff for less. However you are getting away from my initial point that was I could make it for less
" i could buy much better ingredients and make the thing myself for far less. If processed food is your thing and cooking is not then i have no objection to you parting with £6 for that Garbage"
thomasleep16/10/2019 16:34

We eat in different places there are places local to me that I could eat …We eat in different places there are places local to me that I could eat similar stuff for less. However you are getting away from my initial point that was I could make it for less " i could buy much better ingredients and make the thing myself for far less. If processed food is your thing and cooking is not then i have no objection to you parting with £6 for that Garbage"

But other than the ketchup and mayonnaise, what about a whopper is processed food? Unless you are making your own bread from scratch there isn't a huge difference. Minced beef made into a patty is pretty much the same level of processing no matter whether you do it yourself or if you pay someone to do it.

And yes it is possible to do a lot of things cheaper yourself, but it isn't always possible to arrange your own your own hot food when out and about.
jon81uk16/10/2019 17:07

But other than the ketchup and mayonnaise, what about a whopper is …But other than the ketchup and mayonnaise, what about a whopper is processed food? Unless you are making your own bread from scratch there isn't a huge difference. Minced beef made into a patty is pretty much the same level of processing no matter whether you do it yourself or if you pay someone to do it.And yes it is possible to do a lot of things cheaper yourself, but it isn't always possible to arrange your own your own hot food when out and about.

Like I said if you are happy paying £6 for what I call garbage and eating out of a bag, fine go ahead. I choose not to. So we can now both enjoy our food in the knowledge that the other has a wildly different opinion on what processed food is Enjoy
thomasleep16/10/2019 16:34

We eat in different places there are places local to me that I could eat …We eat in different places there are places local to me that I could eat similar stuff for less. However you are getting away from my initial point that was I could make it for less " i could buy much better ingredients and make the thing myself for far less. If processed food is your thing and cooking is not then i have no objection to you parting with £6 for that Garbage"

Thomas you should go to sleep?
Dr_Mushroom16/10/2019 18:10

Thomas you should go to sleep?

Full of energy thanks to not eating that rubbish but thank you for your imaginative input
thomasleep16/10/2019 20:20

Full of energy thanks to not eating that rubbish but thank you for …Full of energy thanks to not eating that rubbish but thank you for your imaginative input

Your name said so Thomas sleep. Full of energy bcos you sleep all day
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants