Groups

whos going to pontins? which camps and when?

saw on MSE they are all working out who is going where and when so thought we could do it on here

im going 21st july to prestatyn

14 Comments

Never been to Pontins but done Butlins, Pwllheli as a kid / teen.

Would like to go back and see what it's like :thinking:

But just seen it's not there now :cry:

Original Poster

owlass;2125943

Never been to Pontins but done Butlins, Pwllheli as a kid / teen.Would … Never been to Pontins but done Butlins, Pwllheli as a kid / teen.Would like to go back and see what it's like :thinking:But just seen it's not there now :cry:

its still there just changed its haven now hafan y mor,went there in apr

its nothing like what it used to be the fair has gone,swimming pool is still the same though

edjaned;2126336

its still there just changed its haven now hafan y mor,went there in … its still there just changed its haven now hafan y mor,went there in aprits nothing like what it used to be the fair has gone,swimming pool is still the same though

Oh the swimming pool, with underwater windows :whistling:

The fair wasn't up to much, waiting for ages to get 2 minutes on the dodgems.

Cable car ride to the beach was good though

We have been for the last few years. To Camber and Brean Sands. Pontins is seriously in need of a refurb and is flammin expensive to eat drink and be merry. The apartments are disgusting, especially if you are going classic. We are doing Haven this year as we got fed up with the clientele and the rank accomodation.

Original Poster

owlass;2127000

Oh the swimming pool, with underwater windows :whistling:The fair wasn't … Oh the swimming pool, with underwater windows :whistling:The fair wasn't up to much, waiting for ages to get 2 minutes on the dodgems.Cable car ride to the beach was good though

yeah the cable car ride has gone too :x

there was a ride i think it was called the boomerang? if i remember right it got stuck with people on it,i think they closed it after that

now u have mentioned the underwater windows i have vague memories of that,they dont have them anymore they still have the slides and the bridge going over to the chalets,the chalets are a big improvement!!they still have the boating lake but it costs £9 a boat for half an hour!!

i remember it from going with my parents years ago prob about 18 years ago :whistling:

Original Poster

emmaelise;2127100

We have been for the last few years. To Camber and Brean Sands. Pontins … We have been for the last few years. To Camber and Brean Sands. Pontins is seriously in need of a refurb and is flammin expensive to eat drink and be merry. The apartments are disgusting, especially if you are going classic. We are doing Haven this year as we got fed up with the clientele and the rank accomodation.

pontins apartments are rank but entertainment is good

if your going haven i would take a bank loan out now

edjaned;2127114

pontins apartments are rank but entertainment is goodif your going haven … pontins apartments are rank but entertainment is goodif your going haven i would take a bank loan out now

We know!! I am presuming that it is just as expensive as Pontins. The plan is to take breakfast things with us and do a Tesco shop when we are there! Thanks for the warning though!!!;-)

Original Poster

emmaelise;2127230

We know!! I am presuming that it is just as expensive as Pontins. The … We know!! I am presuming that it is just as expensive as Pontins. The plan is to take breakfast things with us and do a Tesco shop when we are there! Thanks for the warning though!!!;-)

lol pontins was cheap in comparisson

if u have a big family if i was u i would take a slow cooker if u have one,prepare food in the morning then stick it on low 4 the day come home te tea is ready and u al get out earlier

usually the ovens in these places take forever to cook!

which haven are u going to?

Pontins Southport 30th June, Haven Primrose valley 29th August

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;2127389

Pontins Southport 30th June, Haven Primrose valley 29th August

have u been to the southport one b4?

just wondering what it was like?

Nah but am willing to give anything a try, if its a shat hole, i'll complain, i aint a push over, and although free i believe i'm still entitled to clean accomodation. Everything else i'll put up with but ive got to be living in clean rooms!

going Hemsby 2nd june - any1 else?

Hi de hi campers;-)

Original Poster

come on people play the game

there must be a load of us going!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?99
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?44
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846240
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News66

See more discussions