Groups

Who's gonna win the Mercury Music Prize tonight?

I reckon Foals might upset the odds....

21 Comments

I reckon The XX have a better chance than Foals

bookies have weller as favourite,which probably means he wont win-its very often someone new and obscure-I have a sneaking feeling for mumford and sons or XX as a total outsider.

Or even I Am Kloot

Original Poster

XX

barky

bookies have weller as favourite,which probably means he wont win-its … bookies have weller as favourite,which probably means he wont win-its very often someone new and obscure-I have a sneaking feeling for mumford and sons or XX as a total outsider.

The XX have been favourites for weeks up until a late run of Paul Weller. Mumford and Sons is a good value bet

Original Poster

donnydude

Or even I Am Kloot

Whats the new album like?

sharkalos

Whats the new album like?

Personally I reckon its on par with Elbows Seldom Seen Kid. I think they've got a good chance. Apparently Weller became bookies favourite because of an unprecedented number of bets made in Birmingham. Strange

what actually are the odds on this? might have a punt on mumfords if I can get 4s or better

OP I think you are right. Spanih Sahara is a superb rtrack.

Wouldn't say they are the best band/artist from the nominations but Mercury Prize always gos against the norm.

Mumford @ 11/1 on Betfair.

Original Poster

barky

what actually are the odds on this? might have a punt on mumfords if I … what actually are the odds on this? might have a punt on mumfords if I can get 4s or better

11/1 mate

mr.potato_head

Mumford @ 11/1 on Betfair.

cheers m8-and cheers sharkalos for the info too-at 11/1 Im having ten quid! fingers crossed!

mumfords at 12/1 now on betfair-just took it for ten quid.

Original Poster

Wild Beasts are worth a punt too me thinks

I've decided my bets on I Am Kloot. Think everybody should place their bets in this thread

£5 on Laura Marling @ 12/1
    £5 on Foals @ 14/1

Original Poster

I am Kloot now 33/1

I'm betting on that obscure jazz trio from Norwich whos name I don't even know.

barky

bookies have weller as favourite,which probably means he wont win-its … bookies have weller as favourite,which probably means he wont win-its very often someone new and obscure-I have a sneaking feeling for mumford and sons or XX as a total outsider.

they had Weller as favourite because there was a run on him on Friday, in the space of an hour William Hill had received a high volume of bets @20/1 which resulted in them carrying over £20,000 on him willing it

can't find the section on betfair to bet on the mercury prize!

The xx?

I hope all they've won is a cocktail of gin and mercury that's to be drank immediately whilst Jools Holland films it for Youtube.

I'd watch it.

for me it would be I am kloot..top album by a great band
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October1123
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2921011
      3. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp68
      4. What is there free to do in your town?914

See more discussions