Whos got/thinking of getting bitcoins/crypto currency?

Found 10th Dec 2017
As per title

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
71 Comments

No way (although I wish I had 5 years ago ). I can think of better ways to turn £10k into £200

Monero is the one that I like. I can see that hitting over $1000 next year easily.

It’s a bit late to make real decent money, but trading short term it’s easy to make okay returns

This is only any good if you're looking to buy anything illegal. You have zero protection with crypto currency.

kester761 h, 3 m ago

This is only any good if you're looking to buy anything illegal. You have …This is only any good if you're looking to buy anything illegal. You have zero protection with crypto currency.

Why illegal, you can buy legal goods with crypto currency?

My initial £50 is now £250 after 50 days and increasing in value on a daily basis.

Find that rate of interest in a bank!

SJHan21 m ago

My initial £50 is now £250 after 50 days and increasing in value on a d …My initial £50 is now £250 after 50 days and increasing in value on a daily basis.Find that rate of interest in a bank!

How many times have I heard that sort of tale from some idiot who actually didn't lose his money on that particular scratchcard.
Please come back in another 50 days and tell us how it turned out
Edited by: "ITMA" 10th Dec 2017

WesD8433 m ago

Why illegal, you can buy legal goods with crypto currency?

Kind of defeats the point of anonymous money

Yes, definitely, it can't fail. I have some magic beans if you're interested too.

Wish I knew about it in 2010

MrMan201115 m ago

Wish I knew about it in 2010

But you werent born until 2011, from your username?

mutley12 m ago

But you werent born until 2011, from your username?

That's when I became a man and joined Hotukdeals

kester761 h, 36 m ago

Kind of defeats the point of anonymous money

I wish people would stop spouting this BS. There's nothing anonymous about it. You'd have to really try to make your transactions secret using crypto currency. This is just media crap you've sucked up and believed.

Dannyrobbo3 h, 32 m ago

It’s a bit late to make real decent money,

They said that, last week, last month, last year and five years ago. Look where we are now. Less than 0.1 of the world population has bitcoin. When it's more adopted, the only way is up. Clueless.
Edited by: "cossy3" 10th Dec 2017

ITMA12 h, 59 m ago

How many times have I heard that sort of tale from some idiot who actually …How many times have I heard that sort of tale from some idiot who actually didn't lose his money on that particular scratchcard. Please come back in another 50 days and tell us how it turned out

I will do.

I know people that are drawing a daily wage from their bitcoin earnings.

Stick to your bank controlled money though eh!
Edited by: "SJHan" 11th Dec 2017

cossy31 h, 30 m ago

I wish people would stop spouting this BS. There's nothing anonymous about …I wish people would stop spouting this BS. There's nothing anonymous about it. You'd have to really try to make your transactions secret using crypto currency. This is just media crap you've sucked up and believed.

Sorry I stand corrected but I assume it was right from what I read on here in the past. blockgeeks.com/gui…cy/

You better email them to tell them how it really is.

kester7630 m ago

Sorry I stand corrected but I assume it was right from what I read on here …Sorry I stand corrected but I assume it was right from what I read on here in the past. https://blockgeeks.com/guides/what-is-cryptocurrency/You better email them to tell them how it really is.

Trying getting your info from sites that don't have a pop up every 10 seconds, christ

cossy32 h, 12 m ago

They said that, last week, last month, last year and five years ago. Look …They said that, last week, last month, last year and five years ago. Look where we are now. Less than 0.1 of the world population has bitcoin. When it's more adopted, the only way is up. Clueless.

Yep you're right. The best time to buy was yesterday. The second best time to buy is now.

I've done some short term bitcoin trades. But I haven't held any for a while.
I prefer aim stocks myself for risky investments.

However I think anyone that really had confidence in their opinion of bitcoin dropping would be shorting it with every penny they owned.

cossy31 h, 45 m ago

Trying getting your info from sites that don't have a pop up every 10 …Trying getting your info from sites that don't have a pop up every 10 seconds, christ

I think you probably go issues with your browser

Yep I've got some.

cossy311 h, 44 m ago

They said that, last week, last month, last year and five years ago. Look …They said that, last week, last month, last year and five years ago. Look where we are now. Less than 0.1 of the world population has bitcoin. When it's more adopted, the only way is up. Clueless.

Im not talking about buying it to spend here mate, trading it. If you had invested 1000 dollars 5 years ago and sold them today it would be worth 1.2 million now. The first bitcoin billionaires came about recently you can’t talk about saying it last week/month/year, it’s already happened

Lite coins they will moon.

Lots of spam

Dannyrobbo2 h, 36 m ago

Im not talking about buying it to spend here mate, trading it. If you had …Im not talking about buying it to spend here mate, trading it. If you had invested 1000 dollars 5 years ago and sold them today it would be worth 1.2 million now. The first bitcoin billionaires came about recently you can’t talk about saying it last week/month/year, it’s already happened

You have no idea if its peaked so saying 'its already happened' is complete BS. The peak could be one million per coin, nobody knows.

cossy36 m ago

You have no idea if its peaked so saying 'its already happened' is …You have no idea if its peaked so saying 'its already happened' is complete BS. The peak could be one million per coin, nobody knows.

You've acted like nobody has made a penny out of it and they have, I’m in no way saying it’s peaked but £100 of Bitcoin now will net you much less than it did a year ago so it’s a less attractive investment due to its high price

Dannyrobbo30 m ago

You've acted like nobody has made a penny out of it and they have, I’m in n …You've acted like nobody has made a penny out of it and they have, I’m in no way saying it’s peaked but £100 of Bitcoin now will net you much less than it did a year ago so it’s a less attractive investment due to its high price

You both seem to be agreeing but still arguing about the degree to which you agree.

kester7618 h, 18 m ago

This is only any good if you're looking to buy anything illegal. You have …This is only any good if you're looking to buy anything illegal. You have zero protection with crypto currency.

What kind of protection do you need?

I think the main point is that people are trading the currency rather than using it to buy things. However the more legal places that accept them the more the price will likely increase.

CoeK51 m ago

You both seem to be agreeing but still arguing about the degree to which …You both seem to be agreeing but still arguing about the degree to which you agree.

I’m agreeing to the obvious that there is no limit to what it can rise to, but to invest today you’d have to hope for a massive increase to make any real money (my initial point)

to put it bluntly if you invested $100 5 years ago and sold today you’d make over $100,000 to do the same today the price would have to be about $20,000,000 which is less likely

Dannyrobbo31 m ago

I’m agreeing to the obvious that there is no limit to what it can rise to, …I’m agreeing to the obvious that there is no limit to what it can rise to, but to invest today you’d have to hope for a massive increase to make any real money (my initial point)to put it bluntly if you invested $100 5 years ago and sold today you’d make over $100,000 to do the same today the price would have to be about $20,000,000 which is less likely

I'm sure a lot of people thought it would be unlikely to be at todays price too.

CoeK2 h, 0 m ago

What kind of protection do you need?I think the main point is that people …What kind of protection do you need?I think the main point is that people are trading the currency rather than using it to buy things. However the more legal places that accept them the more the price will likely increase.

midasletter.com/201…se/

It's a bit like children swapping marbles in the playground and then the next best thing is swapping to pogs. There's money to be made but you should only be investing if you can afford to lose this money which I think a lot of people jumping on the bandwaggon don't realise.

kester764 m ago

https://www.midasletter.com/2017/10/5-ways-bitcoin-cryptocurrencies-collapse/It's a bit like children swapping marbles in the playground and then the next best thing is swapping to pogs. There's money to be made but you should only be investing if you can afford to lose this money which I think a lot of people jumping on the bandwaggon don't realise.

So you think that some of the people investing require your wisdom because they are too stupid to manage their own risk/reward analysis themselves? Children swapping marbles, children swapping pogs, banks swapping currency. It is all based on the same idea, currencies have value if people believe they have value.

CoeK1 h, 25 m ago

I'm sure a lot of people thought it would be unlikely to be at todays …I'm sure a lot of people thought it would be unlikely to be at todays price too.

That would be one hell of a climb don’t you think? Given that it threatens many of the many world currency and banking systems
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 11th Dec 2017

CoeK25 m ago

So you think that some of the people investing require your wisdom because …So you think that some of the people investing require your wisdom because they are too stupid to manage their own risk/reward analysis themselves? Children swapping marbles, children swapping pogs, banks swapping currency. It is all based on the same idea, currencies have value if people believe they have value.

I think people need to be aware of the protential issues of finanical risk as it tends to be the people with the most to lose that take the biggest risks or do you believe otherwise ? State sponsered currencies are pretty much backed up but crypto currencies aren't. If their was minimal risk I would sell my home and rent for a couple of years and then buy a new home outright but it doesn't work like that in the real world.

Dannyrobbo14 m ago

Mot would be one hell of a climb don’t you think? Given that it threatens m …Mot would be one hell of a climb don’t you think? Given that it threatens many of the many world currency and banking systems

Yes i don't see it myself. That's why i don't hold any long term, i buy and sell and i don't really do that anymore as it is getting hard to judge.

kester767 m ago

I think people need to be aware of the protential issues of finanical risk …I think people need to be aware of the protential issues of finanical risk as it tends to be the people with the most to lose that take the biggest risks or do you believe otherwise ? State sponsered currencies are pretty much backed up but crypto currencies aren't. If their was minimal risk I would sell my home and rent for a couple of years and then buy a new home outright but it doesn't work like that in the real world.

State sponsored currencies are backed up by what?

I think people probably don't take financial advice from strangers either way, if they do then they only have themselves to blame.

I had £5 worth of bitcoin in a wallet I bought 7 years ago to donate to a torrent site but didn’t. Imagine my disappointment when I went looking for it only to find they’d gone under a couple of years ago due to a hack attach where all their bitcoins were stolen. Oh well! If buying today, how would you recommend doing so - via whom?
Edited by: "bluep" 11th Dec 2017

CoeK34 m ago

State sponsored currencies are backed up by what?I think people probably …State sponsored currencies are backed up by what?I think people probably don't take financial advice from strangers either way, if they do then they only have themselves to blame.

A lot of the time gold and other tangible assets. People take advice from strangers or you wouldn't have financial advisors. You can only work on what's the consensus at the time but the same issue happened with the dot.com bubble, I'm not saying it will happen but the protential pitfall is there. I can't blame people 100% for lack of hindsight and being too trusting when everyone is telling them it's all good but all good advice needs to be be weighted with a list of pros and cons.

Loads of typos here. People keep misspelling gambling. Bitcoins are ridiculously volatile. Only spend what you can afford to lose.
Post a comment
@
    Text