Who's managed to buy Arsenal Vs West Brom Carling Cup tickets?

I've managed to get hold of 4 tickets and was wondering who else from HUKD is going to the game....so i know who to avoid. lol

I hope everyone enjoys the game and remember, last year we had a quiet crowd, so you have to sing your hearts out this year to support our boys.....I mean, reserves. lol

33 Comments

I'll be there...can take my OH as they went on general sale...lol shes gonna love it being a spurs fan!! havent been to watch the gunners in bout a year which is terrible!

SuperEd

im going again mate got tickets ,looking forward to it

Most home support is quiet isn't it?

Original Poster

Flodd;6255804

Most home support is quiet isn't it?

Only when loads of neutral fans attend....or if the tickets are overpriced, as I think the tickets generally cost £40-£80 depending on your seating and calibre of the opponents.

That's when you'll find a lot of businessmen take out there clients who then ask "which one is Arsenal?" :giggle:

realfriendlyman;6255835

Only when loads of neutral fans attend....or if the tickets are … Only when loads of neutral fans attend....or if the tickets are overpriced, as I think the tickets generally cost £40-£80 depending on your seating and calibre of the opponents.That's when you'll find a lot of businessmen take out there clients who then ask "which one is Arsenal?" :giggle:

Which happens a lot in the Premier and to a certain degree in the Championship...

Original Poster

bfjem;6255763

I'll be there...can take my OH as they went on general sale...lol shes … I'll be there...can take my OH as they went on general sale...lol shes gonna love it being a spurs fan!! havent been to watch the gunners in bout a year which is terrible!

She'll love it then, Spurs are always trying to copy Arsenal in every department, so they can finally get to see what the originals play like...even if it is our reserves, they're still more entertaining than Spurs. :giggle:

Who does everyone expect to be in the starting line up?

realfriendlyman;6255971

She'll love it then, Spurs are always trying to copy Arsenal in every … She'll love it then, Spurs are always trying to copy Arsenal in every department, so they can finally get to see what the originals play like...even if it is our reserves, they're still more entertaining than Spurs. :giggle:Who does everyone expect to be in the starting line up?

tbh I expect a couple of frist teamers in the mix...possibility of Gibbs Rosicksy Traore, would be a good chance for someone like Merida/Ramsey/Wilshere to shine...also Mannone needs a good shout in goal with Fabianski injured

realfriendlyman;6255971

She'll love it then, Spurs are always trying to copy Arsenal in every … She'll love it then, Spurs are always trying to copy Arsenal in every department, so they can finally get to see what the originals play like...even if it is our reserves, they're still more entertaining than Spurs. :giggle:Who does everyone expect to be in the starting line up?

oooh... Kiely, Simon Cox, Luke Moore, Martis might get a game... :thumbsup: tbh this isn't a priority for us, I'd much rather we concentrate on the league...

i should be going, probably the upper tier tickets as most the good ones have sold out for the lower tier.

Original Poster

bfjem;6256004

tbh I expect a couple of frist teamers in the mix...possibility of Gibbs … tbh I expect a couple of frist teamers in the mix...possibility of Gibbs Rosicksy Traore, would be a good chance for someone like Merida/Ramsey/Wilshere to shine...also Mannone needs a good shout in goal with Fabianski injured

Yep, I expect Traore to get some games to give him a bit of confidence, as he was great a couple years ago.
I also expect Rosicky to get a run out, since he's been injured for the last 25 years plus some other fringe players, such as Senderos and Vela, while giving another shout of for Wilshire, Merida, Ramsey and I'm hoping to see that amazing 17 year old centre back we signed a couple years ago, I think his name Solvedt or something but the whole of europe was after him.

Flodd;6256027

oooh... Kiely, Simon Cox, Luke Moore, Martis might get a game... … oooh... Kiely, Simon Cox, Luke Moore, Martis might get a game... :thumbsup: tbh this isn't a priority for us, I'd much rather we concentrate on the league...

Are you saying this is a bigger game for Arsenal, than West Brom? :w00t:

Original Poster

MarzBarz;6256046

i should be going, probably the upper tier tickets as most the good ones … i should be going, probably the upper tier tickets as most the good ones have sold out for the lower tier.

That's why you have to get in early, we were gonna buy upper tier but everyone last night said they prefered being closer to the pitch this time around and since I haven't sat that close before, I thought why not. :thumbsup:

realfriendlyman;6256075

That's why you have to get in early, we were gonna buy upper tier but … That's why you have to get in early, we were gonna buy upper tier but everyone last night said they prefered being closer to the pitch this time around and since I haven't sat that close before, I thought why not. :thumbsup:

Yeh i totally forgot until i saw this thread lol will see later on which ones ill go for.

realfriendlyman;6256067

Are you saying this is a bigger game for Arsenal, than West Brom? :w00t:

I'm saying it's not a big game for either of us... Do you honestly think we sit here in awe at the possibility of playing a premier league team in the cup?

cba... you'll play your reserve team right up until the semi finals when it becomes apparent that it might be the only trophy you'll be in contention to win and then you'll chuck all the first teamers in against some lowly opposition like Southampton...

It has happened before, it will happen again...

Banned

this isnt gonna be a sell out is it?

hardly a leeds v liverpool standard game

casparwhite;6256207

this isnt gonna be a sell out is it?hardly a leeds v liverpool standard … this isnt gonna be a sell out is it?hardly a leeds v liverpool standard game

possibly be a sellout cos of the price:thumbsup:

Banned

MarzBarz;6256224

possibly be a sellout cos of the price:thumbsup:

how much....youd have to be giving em away to get a sellout but then it would be a giveout :-D not a sellout

casparwhite;6256207

this isnt gonna be a sell out is it?hardly a leeds v liverpool standard … this isnt gonna be a sell out is it?hardly a leeds v liverpool standard game

Leeds V Liverpool would always sell out cause Leeds have a great home support (for a team in the lower leagues) and Liverpool have a ten year waiting of 'dole pole' scroungers waiting to get the games...

casparwhite;6256237

how much....youd have to be giving em away to get a sellout but then it … how much....youd have to be giving em away to get a sellout but then it would be a giveout :-D not a sellout

£10(lower tier) and £20(higher tier) for adults

£5 and £10 for under 16s

Banned

Flodd;6256244

Leeds V Liverpool would always sell out cause Leeds have a great home … Leeds V Liverpool would always sell out cause Leeds have a great home support (for a team in the lower leagues) and Liverpool have a ten year waiting of 'dole pole' scroungers waiting to get the games...

masssive game mate.....gotta join the leeds members club to guarantee a ticket for another £30 quid. thats on top of the £40 for joining lutv......master bates i hate him he's as tight as a gnats ass

its televised as well tho so

Original Poster

MarzBarz;6256093

Yeh i totally forgot until i saw this thread lol will see later on which … Yeh i totally forgot until i saw this thread lol will see later on which ones ill go for.

Glad this post helped you remember then but bare in mind that all the best seats will sell out first and since they cost the same price, that won't take long.

Flodd;6256189

I'm saying it's not a big game for either of us... Do you honestly think … I'm saying it's not a big game for either of us... Do you honestly think we sit here in awe at the possibility of playing a premier league team in the cup? cba... you'll play your reserve team right up until the semi finals when it becomes apparent that it might be the only trophy you'll be in contention to win and then you'll chuck all the first teamers in against some lowly opposition like Southampton...It has happened before, it will happen again...

When did that happen?

We reached the Carlng Cup final a few years ago and while Chelsea fielded there strongest possible squad whilst they were the biggest spenders in the world, Wenger stuck his faith in the reserve squad that got us that far, as it would be sending out the wrong message to drop them for the final. :thumbsup:

realfriendlyman;6256652

We reached the Carlng Cup final a few years ago and while Chelsea fielded … We reached the Carlng Cup final a few years ago and while Chelsea fielded there strongest possible squad whilst they were the biggest spenders in the world, Wenger stuck his faith in the reserve squad that got us that far, as it would be sending out the wrong message to drop them for the final. :thumbsup:

He did that season yes... and the media made quite a big thing of it, is there another example?

Banned

Flodd;6256878

He did that season yes... and the media made quite a big thing of it, is … He did that season yes... and the media made quite a big thing of it, is there another example?

Yes. They conceded 6 goals in that one! :w00t:

Original Poster

guv;6256913

Yes. They conceded 6 goals in that one! :w00t:

Errr....are you sure it was 6?

That's because Fabianski had the worst game of his life, I'm sure he actually pushed one in that was going wide...the defence really didn't trust him that game but once again, he played the reserves in that match and Spurs are still yet to win against the senior team. :giggle:

add my name, im coming

I shall be there with 8 of my family and friends Great night out for 20 quid (ticket + train)

im going as well with the mrs! canny wait! although its gonna be tight from finishin work n gettin to london from southampton!!

Banned

LOL

Only an Arsenal fan would start a thread to say they got a match ticket to see their football team....... in a competition that has zero meaning (apparently).

brb.. watching DVD with 5 glorious goals.....

(PS - it was 6 past Chelsea RFM!)

Original Poster

guv;6260017

LOLOnly an Arsenal fan would start a thread to say they got a match … LOLOnly an Arsenal fan would start a thread to say they got a match ticket to see their football team....... in a competition that has zero meaning (apparently).brb.. watching DVD with 5 glorious goals.....(PS - it was 6 past Chelsea RFM!)

Nah, it's not for my benefit, I just know a lot of people from HUKD will of taken advantage of the cheap tickets, so wanted to know who's going.

The competition does have zero meaning, I do enjoy watching our future potential tearing teams apart though, I think Wilshire is the most exciting talent in the country at the moment and know he'll mainly feature in the Carling Cup to earn valuable experience, so he can break into the starting 11 in the future, just like we have with players such as Clichy, Fabregas, Song, Denilson and Theo Walcott etc and that's about as much value as the comp has. ;-)

i'm going thanks for the deal info

Booked mine last night.

Me, OH plus three kids goin to see the Arsenal for £35.00!
Just disappointed couldn't get in Juniors Gunners block because of the giveAways!

Original Poster

HesFamily4;6267069

Me, OH plus three kids goin to see the Arsenal for £35.00!Just … Me, OH plus three kids goin to see the Arsenal for £35.00!Just disappointed couldn't get in Juniors Gunners block because of the giveAways!

What's the giveaways normally include for the junior gunners?

realfriendlyman;6267917

What's the giveaways normally include for the junior gunners?

Thundersticks - just so they can make even more noise!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764006
    2. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??66
    3. What an absolute disgrace2157
    4. Weekly game codes giveaway 182720

See more discussions