Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Who's still going to work?

Posted 24th Mar
My wife and myself are frontline NHS staff so still working I was going to say as normal, but certainly anything but!
Not to say people at home aren't working, but you know what I mean.
Just wondering how many others are still out there or 'confined to barracks'!
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Bin worker . Undervalued and unrecognised bin worker
forcedintoplayin24/03/2020 12:41

Don't feel undervalued you're doing an essential job and providing a vital service, thank you.
cycleman24/03/2020 12:43

Don't feel undervalued you're doing an essential job and providing a vital …Don't feel undervalued you're doing an essential job and providing a vital service, thank you.

Good on you 🙏👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
54 Comments
Confined to barracks but working absolutely flat out! Thanks to you and your wife for your dedication!
colinged24/03/2020 12:32

Confined to barracks but working absolutely flat out! Thanks to you and …Confined to barracks but working absolutely flat out! Thanks to you and your wife for your dedication!

You're welcome, stay well!
My wife and I are both still in work (teacher and NHS). I’m only in on a rota basis however - 2 days per week; the rest working from home. No such luck for the missus
Curlyman8324/03/2020 12:39

My wife and I are both still in work (teacher and NHS). I’m only in on a r …My wife and I are both still in work (teacher and NHS). I’m only in on a rota basis however - 2 days per week; the rest working from home. No such luck for the missus

Right, both doing a great job, keep going!

Don't feel undervalued you're doing an essential job and providing a vital service, thank you.
cycleman24/03/2020 12:43

Don't feel undervalued you're doing an essential job and providing a vital …Don't feel undervalued you're doing an essential job and providing a vital service, thank you.

Good on you 🙏👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Been working from home for almost 2 weeks but mostly work from home (odd few days in office here n there).

Everyone else front-line, especially health service and supporting workers, keep up the good work and stay safe - well done to you all in these very difficult times.
Break over for me, back to work catch up later
Working from home for the past week - do IT support for a university, and they're currently planning on being closed for between 3-6 months...
Armed forces carrying on as normal. Partner a nurse also working massive respect to the NHS certainly my partner is my main worry due to her role same goes for all those NHS workers on the front line.
Curlyman8324/03/2020 12:39

My wife and I are both still in work (teacher and NHS). I’m only in on a r …My wife and I are both still in work (teacher and NHS). I’m only in on a rota basis however - 2 days per week; the rest working from home. No such luck for the missus

My sisters school are going to take turns because less kids in school.
So this week her and next week the next slot of staff
Me and the missus. Me NHS and wife works in care. Stay safe folks! 🙏
Me ~:(
I'm still working as normal, can't put fires out from home, take care everyone x and thank you op and all your colleagues for doing a marvellous job under extreme circumstances following all the cuts and if anything like us the lowest moral ever
Edited by: "ding" 24th Mar
Yes working, railway staff
Yep, we manufacture packaging machines for the food industry so busier than ever!
Stay safe folks

Hey Mr bin worker, I appriciate you taking my rubbish away, but why when I put my bin out with the handle facing outwards in a neat order to help the bin operatives towards a quicker exit, I come home & it looks like it's been abandoned on the pavement!

Oh in response to the OP, I'm keeping the wheels of transportation rolling along.
Edited by: "richp" 24th Mar
At work doing 12 on 2 off, work in a care home. So as staff have to self isolate it will be no days off, as long as they pay the overtime..

but I would be more than happy to sit at home on 80% wage if I could..
Electricity industry here. Still working, alternating week by week between home and office. Zero contact with anyone else while I'm at work, even through night shifts, which is gonna be tough, but needs must.

Also self employed, so praying I don't catch this thing.
A cynical mind would assume that the reason for posting this thread was not entirely truthful.... more of a "look at meeee" thread. We get it, you work in the NHS, we appreciate your work...OK
richp24/03/2020 13:46

Hey Mr bin worker, I appriciate you taking my rubbish away, but why when I …Hey Mr bin worker, I appriciate you taking my rubbish away, but why when I put my bin out with the handle facing outwards in a neat order to help the bin operatives towards a quicker exit, I come home & it looks like it's been abandoned on the pavement!Oh in response to the OP, I'm keeping the wheels of transportation rolling along.

Really???? That's cause for concern that your bin hasn't been placed exactly where you left it???
Can you appreciate how many bins these guys do on a daily basis and that if everyone had something to say about a bin not being placed back correctly the job would never get done. These guys aren't robots and I'm not sure why you or anybody else supposes they are. They're probably in a hurry to get done to get back to their families. :/
Supermarket worker here off for 1 week
forcedintoplayin24/03/2020 14:38

Really???? That's cause for concern that your bin hasn't been placed …Really???? That's cause for concern that your bin hasn't been placed exactly where you left it???Can you appreciate how many bins these guys do on a daily basis and that if everyone had something to say about a bin not being placed back correctly the job would never get done. These guys aren't robots and I'm not sure why you or anybody else supposes they are. They're probably in a hurry to get done to get back to their families. :/

lol, I do appricate what your saying, but not leave it in the middle of the pedestrian path when it never started there in the first place.
But carry on Mr bin worker your country salutes you
Timschoice24/03/2020 14:12

A cynical mind would assume that the reason for posting this thread was …A cynical mind would assume that the reason for posting this thread was not entirely truthful.... more of a "look at meeee" thread. We get it, you work in the NHS, we appreciate your work...OK

Wow, amazing...…..was really intended as a morale booster for everyone.
Edited by: "cycleman" 24th Mar
Well done everyone, my shifts nearly over, so keep safe and well.
Timschoice24/03/2020 14:12

A cynical mind would assume that the reason for posting this thread was …A cynical mind would assume that the reason for posting this thread was not entirely truthful.... more of a "look at meeee" thread. We get it, you work in the NHS, we appreciate your work...OK

Unreal.
Working from home.

40177386-y4o9E.jpg
deleted8085824/03/2020 15:13

Working from home.[Image]

I would of pixelated the Dacia badge not the reg
the.porter24/03/2020 15:21

I would of pixelated the Dacia badge not the reg

Edited by: "deeky" 24th Mar
Still as normal, busy tram to and from work and packed out warehouse... they said they're keeping us in because of the customers needs (clothes).... and apparently don't get the 80% to pay for us being off.
Hgv mechanic business as usual . Open 24/7 .
Same as usual for me and Mrs.
She came home today and said her ward is switching over from elderly care to covid patients as her ward is separated from main hospital.

They only have 2 at the moment.

Some of us are stuck between being thankful we still have jobs to go to and terrified we still have jobs to go to. :/
Edited by: "MonkeysUncle" 24th Mar
forcedintoplayin24/03/2020 14:38

Really???? That's cause for concern that your bin hasn't been placed …Really???? That's cause for concern that your bin hasn't been placed exactly where you left it???Can you appreciate how many bins these guys do on a daily basis and that if everyone had something to say about a bin not being placed back correctly the job would never get done. These guys aren't robots and I'm not sure why you or anybody else supposes they are. They're probably in a hurry to get done to get back to their families. :/

Agree with you but how come doctors and nurses have to do their job spot on and yet they can’t hurry home to their families until the job is properly done. Same goes for why waiters have to get tips and yet illegal for anyone else to get tips. Was just thinking
Admin officer for the law courts they won’t allow us to work from home and recently been classed as key workers so got to go in every day go figure
I am! Work for DWP for an information service so we are considered key workers..have even been given a letter to prove it just in case I get stopped by anyone lol
I'm still in work, and will be as much as possible until this is over or I catch it. One to help my colleagues and keep the place running and two to profit from all the OT and bonuses they're throwing at the problem cus we were short staffed to begin with.
sydney224/03/2020 16:32

Agree with you but how come doctors and nurses have to do their job spot …Agree with you but how come doctors and nurses have to do their job spot on and yet they can’t hurry home to their families until the job is properly done. Same goes for why waiters have to get tips and yet illegal for anyone else to get tips. Was just thinking

Cant be bothered to get in to how some people can do their jobs spot on because in all instances ,in every job you will find examples of how the job hasn't been done "spot on" even doctors and nurses. The question was to how a bin wasn't put back properly. Doesn't compare really does it . Jog on
forcedintoplayin24/03/2020 16:54

Cant be bothered to get in to how some people can do their jobs spot on …Cant be bothered to get in to how some people can do their jobs spot on because in all instances ,in every job you will find examples of how the job hasn't been done "spot on" even doctors and nurses. The question was to how a bin wasn't put back properly. Doesn't compare really does it . Jog on

No was agreeing with u, anyway but was just wondering how everyone should be equal but especially with Coronavirus around it’s definitely ok with bins not to be placed back properly, agreeing with u here
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants