Who's working Christmas Day ?? .....

Found 20th Dec 2017
Hey .... who's working Christmas Day ? and is that good or bad

me not happy at all Short Straw ......

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
50 Comments

Daughter's working all day, she's not got children and some of the other staff have so it's a no brainer really, she did the same last year and had loads of fun, came home about 17:00, we had Christmas dinner then ... Seemed strange though swapping tea & dinner!

My mother in law is. Bit of a pain as it will delay Xmas dinner (coming to mine) but I suppose on the plus side, I can make sure everything is ready?

virgil4715 m ago

Daughter's working all day, she's not got children and some of the other …Daughter's working all day, she's not got children and some of the other staff have so it's a no brainer really, she did the same last year and had loads of fun, came home about 17:00, we had Christmas dinner then ... Seemed strange though swapping tea & dinner!

virgil4715 m ago

Daughter's working all day, she's not got children and some of the other …Daughter's working all day, she's not got children and some of the other staff have so it's a no brainer really, she did the same last year and had loads of fun, came home about 17:00, we had Christmas dinner then ... Seemed strange though swapping tea & dinner!

So what job does she do on Xmas day,just wondering?

Used to love working Christmas Day £500 for 4 hours work and still home in time for the turkey!!!

sydney212 m ago

So what job does she do on Xmas day,just wondering?

Deputy manager in a Marston's pub ...

OP, very clever of you.
Starting with "Hey" (sounds like Hay) and ending with "Straw".

I know it was deliberate even if it went over everyone else's heads.

Yep 12 hours 8am till 8pm

Not this year (or even last), got lucky with my rota this year!

I don't normally mind it though - it's a fairly quiet day in the office, and we normally split the shift and only work half of it. Kids don't like it if I get the early half as they have to wait for their presents - but I'd sooner that than a night shift and have to sleep through all the fun and festivities (which I've done before)!

Working next year though I believe!

Im working this christmas again (catering in the NHS) for me personally I hate working Xmas day but i've done 10 out of 12 years so the others with kids can have it off. Hope you have a better shift than I will.

Aww. Chin up

Hell no , I work in construction and we shut down for 10 days from the 23rd .
It’s normally 14 days but it’s the way it’s fell this year .
Feet up and enjoy the man cave with a beer !

Original Poster

cmdr_elito1 h, 11 m ago

Used to love working Christmas Day £500 for 4 hours work and still home in …Used to love working Christmas Day £500 for 4 hours work and still home in time for the turkey!!!

NOT IN THE NHS ......

Original Poster

Derek_Horatio_Shatwell50 m ago

OP, very clever of you.Starting with "Hey" (sounds like Hay) and ending …OP, very clever of you.Starting with "Hey" (sounds like Hay) and ending with "Straw".I know it was deliberate even if it went over everyone else's heads.

He He did' ent even realize me that clever LOL so meant to do that .......

Ho Ho Ho ........

Working Christmas Eve night, Christmas Night, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day

Original Poster

hearts221 m ago

Working Christmas Eve night, Christmas Night, New Year's Eve and New …Working Christmas Eve night, Christmas Night, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day

No...... that is SO UNFAIR .......
is that by choice ?

chuckiedoll1 h, 28 m ago

My mother in law is. Bit of a pain as it will delay Xmas dinner (coming to …My mother in law is. Bit of a pain as it will delay Xmas dinner (coming to mine) but I suppose on the plus side, I can make sure everything is ready?

Later the mother in law comes the better.

hearts227 m ago

Working Christmas Eve night, Christmas Night, New Year's Eve and New …Working Christmas Eve night, Christmas Night, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day

Care worker?

aw0811 m ago

No...... that is SO UNFAIR .......is that by choice ?

Nope. My shifts are Sunday and Monday night and so this year it went like that. I worked Christmas Day and Boxing Day and New Year's day last year too.

Couldn't book them off this year because when I finally got my holiday form others had already booked all the slots for those days.

tomdavidrichards6 m ago

Care worker?

No, just supermarket, but they never shut!

hearts2228 m ago

Yeah, same here except Christmas night and Boxing Day night, though at least I get Christmas Day off until time to go to work. Night of New Year's Day as well. Currently working at a home for ex-service men & women (and their spouses).

Merry Christmas everyone! 🎅🎄🦌

LemonHead6 m ago

Yeah, same here except Christmas night and Boxing Day night, though at …Yeah, same here except Christmas night and Boxing Day night, though at least I get Christmas Day off until time to go to work. Night of New Year's Day as well. Currently working at a home for ex-service men & women (and their spouses).Merry Christmas everyone! 🎅🎄🦌

Merry Christmas!

hearts2248 m ago

Me too plus Boxing Day night

rehana7411 m ago

Me too plus Boxing Day night

aw081 h, 38 m ago

NOT IN THE NHS ......

Railway.

i got work Xmas day, eve and boxing but hey o get new years day off

hearts222 h, 52 m ago

No, just supermarket, but they never shut!

yes they do, they close on christmas day and i feel gutted as i hate it when the supermarket is closed.

i need to get a job in a supermarket as i love going there so much, but i would end up buying all the biscuits and cakes that come on sale and be the size of a house!

I wtite the Rota and I put myself in..
It's double time and some of my family work too and I work with my partner so no point me being alone.. plus I get to celebrate with lots of other people who don't have anyone to celebrate with.. nothing better!!!
I'll get fed too

cmdr_elito5 h, 42 m ago

Used to love working Christmas Day £500 for 4 hours work and still home in …Used to love working Christmas Day £500 for 4 hours work and still home in time for the turkey!!!

Wow where was that?!

Im working xmas day and boxing day. Got 1st and 2nd of jan off though

Original Poster

mutley16 h, 46 m ago

yes they do, they close on christmas day and i feel gutted as i hate it …yes they do, they close on christmas day and i feel gutted as i hate it when the supermarket is closed.i need to get a job in a supermarket as i love going there so much, but i would end up buying all the biscuits and cakes that come on sale and be the size of a house!

LOL Thats so funny ..... love biscuits & cake Ho Ho Ho have fun

Original Poster

hearing lots of folks bla bla bla " off now till new year " my lack of Christmas spirit showing through .....

mutley17 h, 19 m ago

yes they do, they close on christmas day and i feel gutted as i hate it …yes they do, they close on christmas day and i feel gutted as i hate it when the supermarket is closed.i need to get a job in a supermarket as i love going there so much, but i would end up buying all the biscuits and cakes that come on sale and be the size of a house!

I meant as far as working is concerned. I know very well when they shut for customers
Nah it's not the same thing to shop there at your pace and work there!
It's really out of order to make us work on Christmas Day as there aren't really deliveries to work. It's not like a supermarket provides a vital service like a hospital. Online shoppers are off instead!
Edited by: "hearts22" 21st Dec 2017

Christmas Eve on duty to 9pm Then on call to 7am Christmas day, that's when i start back on duty, will work through to about 1pm then back on call
Merry christmas everyone

hearts2211 h, 46 m ago

Nope. My shifts are Sunday and Monday night and so this year it went like …Nope. My shifts are Sunday and Monday night and so this year it went like that. I worked Christmas Day and Boxing Day and New Year's day last year too. Couldn't book them off this year because when I finally got my holiday form others had already booked all the slots for those days.

I find that unfair, the way people dive in first to book days off, the names should go into a pot and drawn out who gets the good days off

airfix2 m ago

I find that unfair, the way people dive in first to book days off, the …I find that unfair, the way people dive in first to book days off, the names should go into a pot and drawn out who gets the good days off

First come, first served... Which is not right because it shouldn't be that the same people always get those days off.

Had a deer while submitting the comment and missed it

Thankfully my job isn't something critical and i get to work from home mostly anyway so i'll finish up about 1 tomorrow then probably not do any work again until the 3rd of january.

virgil4714 h, 30 m ago

Thats one of the reasons I hate managing staff at this time of year, The whining of "I need Christmas off I have kids" used to start up in august.

I could understand if I needed them to work christmas/boxing days, but didn't this was to cover the 28th to the 31st.
Edited by: "DKLS" 21st Dec 2017

I work at chicken factory and I have lot of day off now i am return for the work in jan have the nice seasons all!

Triple pay if my partner works on xmas day....we have 3 kids though so hope she doesnt! (if she does ill be making sure the kids switch works ok..)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants