Groups

Whose skint out there!!!

I'm feeling kinds depressed as i look through the deals sections! There seems to be some decent deals flying around, but as I have no moneys................. its depressing!

I get paid end of the month, and then start of the month is bills bills bills....errghhh

So i thought...hmmm who else is in a similar situation out there!!!!!!!

48 Comments

me,im still trying to pay of all the deals i bought last year

Original Poster

edjaned;5773308

me,im still trying to pay of all the deals i bought last year

This site should come with a warning i think........something along the lines of "This site can cause major difficulties"

Were doing ok, just saving the ££££££££ towards the wedding.

i agree, recently bought a smashing little bratz bike for my youngest for £20, also a tefal instant kettle for £24 but nothing for weeks now!!

I'm skint too got a card to payoff, and repair the car for £1000

Abz;5773317

This site should come with a warning i think........something along the … This site should come with a warning i think........something along the lines of "This site can cause major difficulties"

lol

Leave your wallet at the door??

Everyone is still struggling in the current financial climate... I think things are just starting to turn around.. more jobs becoming available x x

me! Just graduated, have over 30K student debts, living back with the parents, no job (not through lack of trying before the haters jump mi) and refuse to sign on until things get worse.....sooooo woop woop

Original Poster

smithyp1;5773319

Were doing ok, just saving the ££££££££ towars the wedding.

thats cool...when u getting married??

I got married 3 years and thats when the financial crisis started....hmmm coincidence.......:thinking:

lil_tiger;5773326

me! Just graduated, have over 30K student debts, living back with the … me! Just graduated, have over 30K student debts, living back with the parents, no jon (not through lack of trying before the haters jump mi) and refuse to sign on until things get worse.....sooooo woop woop

awww!!

Original Poster

lil_tiger;5773326

me! Just graduated, have over 30K student debts, living back with the … me! Just graduated, have over 30K student debts, living back with the parents, no job (not through lack of trying before the haters jump mi) and refuse to sign on until things get worse.....sooooo woop woop

awww...im sure you will get something! its tough getting your first job after uni...keep trying!

Not doing to bad at the moment still managing to pay my way

lil_tiger;5773326

me! Just graduated, have over 30K student debts, living back with the … me! Just graduated, have over 30K student debts, living back with the parents, no job (not through lack of trying before the haters jump mi) and refuse to sign on until things get worse.....sooooo woop woop

Honey, congratulations on graduating x x

magicbeans;5773332

awww!!

Abz;5773335

awww...im sure you will get something! its tough getting your first job … awww...im sure you will get something! its tough getting your first job after uni...keep trying!

It aint all that bad, have fab parents that will support me and just keep thinking theres many MANY people with committments worse off than me, least I dont have a family of my own (kids hubby etc), financed car, mortgage, CC debts, loans....Student loans dont need paying unless your earning over 15k

sooooo keep smilin everyone...could be worse....everyone has good things in their life (i think :thinking:) :-D

ditto....just bought a £6.500 golf TDi, and i'm snookered.....hate being skint...just got some til' end of month when i get paid aswell...then its bills

ClarityofMind;5773343

Honey, congratulations on graduating x x

thank you law degree doesnt really go very far though to be honest.....either that or im 'over educated' :? plus I dont even have my graduation ceremony til November! lol

Abz;5773330

thats cool...when u getting married??I got married 3 years and thats when … thats cool...when u getting married??I got married 3 years and thats when the financial crisis started....hmmm coincidence.......:thinking:

23rd July 2010 ............. time is flying !!

Original Poster

taurus_the_bull;5773371

ditto....just bought a £6.500 golf TDi, and i'm snookered.....hate being … ditto....just bought a £6.500 golf TDi, and i'm snookered.....hate being skint...just got some til' end of month when i get paid aswell...then its bills

Nice...look on the bright side...you got something to show for your money!

lil_tiger;5773379

thank you law degree doesnt really go very far though to be … thank you law degree doesnt really go very far though to be honest.....either that or im 'over educated' :? plus I dont even have my graduation ceremony til November! lol

I know babe, I came out with a degree in Psychology, English Language and Literature and thought... what the hell I do this for lol

will you do a masters now hon or look for work?

smithyp1;5773385

23rd July 2010 ............. time is flying !!

you'll have a lovely time honey x x

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5773393

I know babe, I came out with a degree in Psychology, English Language and … I know babe, I came out with a degree in Psychology, English Language and Literature and thought... what the hell I do this for lol will you do a masters now hon or look for work?

from past experience, employers dont look soo much to degree/masters but instead look at what experiences you have! Every intereview i have been they have focused on my employment history rather than my degree!

has rep been discontinued on this site? try to help people or have a conversation & then get ignored! maybe the other sites are worth a try. any ideas?

Original Poster

don hedron;5773417

has rep been discontinued on this site? try to help people or have a … has rep been discontinued on this site? try to help people or have a conversation & then get ignored! maybe the other sites are worth a try. any ideas?

lol...in search of rep are you!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

ClarityofMind;5773393

I know babe, I came out with a degree in Psychology, English Language and … I know babe, I came out with a degree in Psychology, English Language and Literature and thought... what the hell I do this for lol will you do a masters now hon or look for work?

not sure what Im going to do, at the moment the plan is to take a year out and see what jobs are out there, If I get a job Im happy with by next year then Ill pull out of education (getting very tedious)....If not then next year Ill be applying to do a course to be a lawyer (that costs upto 10k!!!!!) but at the moment, I dont have a clue!!

Abz;5773388

Nice...look on the bright side...you got something to show for your money!

yeah i have but, money issues still there, no point buying a nice car, if you can just about fill it up....:)

Original Poster

taurus_the_bull;5773437

yeah i have but, money issues still there, no point buying a nice car, if … yeah i have but, money issues still there, no point buying a nice car, if you can just about fill it up....:)

i know that feeling. I'm at the situation right now!

Banned

smithyp1;5773319

Were doing ok, just saving the ££££££££ towards the wedding.

cool cool how much you spending? We're just about to book the venue :-D trying to keep it below £10k this is it below. It is so so gorgeous inside and the bridal suite has 3 freaking rooms £350 just for the night

http://www.heythroppark.co.uk/images/3.jpg

taurus_the_bull;5773371

ditto....just bought a £6.500 golf TDi, and i'm snookered.....hate being … ditto....just bought a £6.500 golf TDi, and i'm snookered.....hate being skint...just got some til' end of month when i get paid aswell...then its bills

how long ago did you buy it? Didnt you know things were going to be tight......
    Im currently trying to talk myself OUT OF getting a car on finance cos im sure my car wont pass its MOT/major service in October....and the corsa deals around recently are VERY tempting!

Original Poster

lumoruk;5773452

cool cool how much you spending? We're just about to book the venue 12th … cool cool how much you spending? We're just about to book the venue 12th December :-D trying to keep it below £10k

wow 10k......if you can keep that low, that would be quite impressive....mine cost twice as much as that and a bit more!!!

Original Poster

lil_tiger;5773458

how long ago did you buy it? Didnt you know things were going to be … how long ago did you buy it? Didnt you know things were going to be tight......Im currently trying to talk myself OUT OF getting a car on finance cos im sure my car wont pass its MOT/major service in October....and the corsa deals around recently are VERY tempting!

plus you get the 2k scrappage deal! Sometimes its better to do that then repair the old car. Do vauxhall do the free insurance deal aswell?

lumoruk;5773452

cool cool how much you spending? We're just about to book the venue 12th … cool cool how much you spending? We're just about to book the venue 12th December :-D trying to keep it below £10k

Days after we got engaged and started to talk about plans, cost etc we came out with the rough figure of £10k ............. that figure has now doubled :w00t: and thats with us buying and making alot of the smaller bits. The main cost were finding is the venue for the reception and the cost of the sit down meal. Expensive stuff eh !!!

We have looked at the cheaper options, venues etc but they all lack a certain something or they are all just another wedding reception venue / room in a hotel which we didn't want.

Banned

Abz;5773467

wow 10k......if you can keep that low, that would be quite … wow 10k......if you can keep that low, that would be quite impressive....mine cost twice as much as that and a bit more!!!

sister is qualified florist, Mum is making the cake, fiancée is doing the invitations cutting some other corners too but only having 80 sit down guests and 120 for the evening.

really skint here and the kids 6 weeks holiday starts tuesday and she wants 2 go everywhere

Yep feelin the pinch too just had a big repair bill for the car and of on holiday next week and gonna have to barrow some more spends now cos of the car..

Banned

smithyp1;5773486

Days after we got engaged and started to talk about plans, cost etc we … Days after we got engaged and started to talk about plans, cost etc we came out with the rough figure of £10k ............. that figure has now doubled :w00t: and thats with us buying and making alot of the smaller bits. The main cost were finding is the venue for the reception and the cost of the sit down meal. Expensive stuff eh !!!We have looked at the cheaper options, venues etc but they all lack a certain something or they are all just another wedding reception venue / room in a hotel which we didn't want.

yeah the reception cost soon goes up with all the extras, I would like to have it in my mum's field under a marquee would save enough money to buy a new car but no the bride to be wouldn't have that :whistling:

lil_tiger;5773326

Congratulations!:-D
    Sure you'll find something soon.:thumbsup: It's no fun signing on, but every little helps in the interim?

lumoruk;5773533

yeah the reception cost soon goes up with all the extras, I would like to … yeah the reception cost soon goes up with all the extras, I would like to have it in my mum's field under a marquee would save enough money to buy a new car but no the bride to be wouldn't have that :whistling:

We could meet up somehwere half way between oxford and brum and split the cost ?
    Every little helps :thumbsup:

Original Poster

smithyp1;5773557

We could meet up somehwere half way between oxford and brum and split the … We could meet up somehwere half way between oxford and brum and split the cost ?Every little helps :thumbsup:

warwick would be a good location :thumbsup:

Abz;5773477

plus you get the 2k scrappage deal! Sometimes its better to do that then … plus you get the 2k scrappage deal! Sometimes its better to do that then repair the old car. Do vauxhall do the free insurance deal aswell?

my car is 2003....so not included in the scrappage deal they do the insurance for 19yrs+ but just looking at it, you need to have had your licence 2 years.....I have only had mine 18 months, perhaps its a sign! lol

Original Poster

nessynoo01;5773518

really skint here and the kids 6 weeks holiday starts tuesday and she … really skint here and the kids 6 weeks holiday starts tuesday and she wants 2 go everywhere

Check this out...it might help keep the kids entertained for 6 weeks!

telegraph.co.uk/tra…tml

Abz;5773568

warwick would be a good location :thumbsup:

Warwick Castle was on our list .....bit too far to travel for everyone.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions