Groups

why?

why if there is a god do the people we love have to suffer?

- to test your faith
    - there isn't

Take your pick
    - Johnboy_1975

92 Comments

why if there is a god do the ones we love have to suffer?

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Banned

well if you are a believer then you know god has infinite knowledge and what he does he does for a good reason even though we as humans cant see the good in an act of say, extreme violence on a innocent, for example.

Banned

Everybody suffer's in life.

Try not to think about it.

Banned

because god doesn't exist if he does/did then he wouldn't care because you abuse his creation

There is no god, religion is an outdated control mechanism, if you believe any different you are an imbecile.

Original Poster

kapows;6731326

well if you are a believer then you know god has infinite knowledge and … well if you are a believer then you know god has infinite knowledge and what he does he does for a good reason even though we as humans cant see the good in an act of say, extreme violence on a innocent, for example.

i have just found out a person close to me has terminal cancer

Banned

tug boat;6731346

You think people should live forever? If you believe in god then it is their time and god has no more plans for them, see it as a way to strengthen your resolve to make changes in your life. Live the life to the full, make a difference to improve other peoples lives and don't waste yours.

Banned

tug boat;6731346

Hope this is of use to you:-

macmillan.org.uk/Can…spx

Banned

iNSOMANiAC;6731338

There is no god, religion is an outdated control mechanism, if you … There is no god, religion is an outdated control mechanism, if you believe any different you are an imbecile.

matter of fact?

entitle people to form their own opinion once in awhile :-D

Banned

tug boat;6731346

thats bad news. its terrible to come across news like this. you need to embrace this, i mean, if there is one thing certain, it is death. we all gotta go someday. you need to remain strong for this someone, the sooner you embrace you can help them live out their life the way they would want it. hopefully this will make you both happy

Original Poster

lumoruk;6731348

You think people should live forever? If you believe in god then it is … You think people should live forever? If you believe in god then it is their time and god has no more plans for them, see it as a way to strengthen your resolve to make changes in your life. Live the life to the full, make a difference to improve other peoples lives and don't waste yours.

no i dont think people should live forever, i just cant see why they have to suffer.

Original Poster

DLM;6731352

Hope this is of use to … Hope this is of use to you:-http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Cancerinformation/Ifsomeoneelsehascancer/Ifsomeoneelsehascancer.aspx

Thank you

Banned

tug boat;6731372

no i dont think people should live forever, i just cant see why they have … no i dont think people should live forever, i just cant see why they have to suffer.

It makes them stronger for the next life if you believe in that schizz, which I do to stop myself going nuts.

Banned

tug boat;6731372

no i dont think people should live forever, i just cant see why they have … no i dont think people should live forever, i just cant see why they have to suffer.

its harsh to see the trials and tribulations humans have to persevere. animals suffer, the earth suffers, life is suffering. it is part of the cycle of life. you will suffer at one point in your life or at many points in your life. it is a a part of what we call life.

if you believe in religion then you already know that this life on earth is a suffering on you and there is a better life ahead for you.

None of us know if God exists are not.

There are people who would like to believe God exists and there are people who wouldn't. Maybe one day we'll all know for sure.

Back when I was at school, a Christian from the local church came in to answer some questions and OP's question was put to him.

He said something like because Adam and Eve committed a sin in the Garden of Eden, we are all paying for that now (or, at least those who go through any suffering are). God gave them a chance to live in peace there (on the condition they didn't touch the forbidden fruit) but they blew it and now we're all paying for it.

I'm not religious so the above might not be quite right, was quite a few years ago now.

iNSOMANiAC;6731338

There is no god, religion is an outdated control mechanism, if you … There is no god, religion is an outdated control mechanism, if you believe any different you are an imbecile.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    this :thumbsup:.... although imbecile is a little strong.

The sooner the Human Race embraces this... the sooner we will all be happier.
    Maybe we could get down to some serious helping each other out...

Banned

iNSOMANiAC;6731338

So true,
    :thumbsup:

tug boat;6731372

I feel the same esp. about babies and children.breaks my heart reading about little ones suffering and I often wonder why God would let this happen.If
    God does exist,then why would you worship someone that would let these things happen.

Banned

jonb2412;6731394

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\this :thumbsup:.... although imbecile is a little … /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\this :thumbsup:.... although imbecile is a little strong.The sooner the Human Race embraces this... the sooner we will all be happier. Maybe we could get down to some serious helping each other out...

there is no fix to being happy. it is naive to think so otherwise.

religion or no religion, humans have a destructive nature.

oldmanhouse;6731391

Back when I was at school, a Christian from the local church came in to … Back when I was at school, a Christian from the local church came in to answer some questions and OP's question was put to him.He said something like because Adam and Eve committed a sin in the Garden of Eden, we are all paying for that now (or, at least those who go through any suffering are). God gave them a chance to live in peace there (on the condition they didn't touch the forbidden fruit) but they blew it and now we're all paying for it.I'm not religious so the above might not be quite right, was quite a few years ago now.

Does this not sound a little fairy tale ish to anybody else?

The hebrews were polytheistic... one "GOD" is a recent concept... May as well believe in Poseidon or Zeus for what its worth

Original Poster

Thanks for your thoughts, I wish I could make sense of it, I maybe am an imbecile but right now I need some faith.

kapows;6731406

there is no fix to being happy. it is naive to think so … there is no fix to being happy. it is naive to think so otherwise.religion or no religion, humans have a destructive nature.

When was there no religion? Maybe its time to give it a go, can't be any worse

tug boat;6731412

Thanks for your thoughts, I wish I could make sense of it, I maybe am an … Thanks for your thoughts, I wish I could make sense of it, I maybe am an imbecile but right now I need some faith.

My apologies op... being a little insensitive here.. I hope you and your friend can come to some sort of peace, as difficult as this sounds at the moment.

Banned

jonb2412;6731414

When was there no religion? Maybe its time to give it a go, can't be any … When was there no religion? Maybe its time to give it a go, can't be any worse

people already believe that there is no god?
    do you see any changes in these people?

In school I was taught that religion is our way of making sense of things cos we are the only animal on earth aware of our own mortality.every religion is different in many ways but each think that their beliefs are true.They can't all be!

kapows;6731420

people already believe that there is no god?do you see any changes in … people already believe that there is no god?do you see any changes in these people?

No idea... won't have untill we are run by a society that doesn't.... Is it Sweden that has the greatest majority of atheists... they seem to be quite happy, lowest crime rate etc?

Original Poster

jonb2412;6731419

My apologies op... being a little insensitive here.. I hope you and … My apologies op... being a little insensitive here.. I hope you and your friend can come to some sort of peace, as difficult as this sounds at the moment.

thank you

Banned

I really do think religon is not a good thing.

Too many war's caused by it.

DLM;6731436

I really do think religon is not a good thing.Too many war's caused by it.

Hear,hear.Make love,not war which is what I'm going to be doing soon!:thumbsup:

Live each day likes its your last,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like nobody's watchin'.

Banned

jonb2412;6731428

No idea... won't have untill we are run by a society that doesn't.... … No idea... won't have untill we are run by a society that doesn't.... Is it Sweden that has the greatest majority of atheists... they seem to be quite happy, lowest crime rate etc?

its justspeculation and you can mount that speculation towards any thing you believe will make people happy.

swedish living is the cause of their happiness (if we were to say you are correct about swedes being happy)

their way of life by law is what makes them happy, be it religion or no religion.

singapore
    yemen
    saudi
    dubai
    vatican

depends on the type of crime but the above are plces/countries with low crime rate too.

again. you need to think about what youre saying. the comments are too open and naive

Banned

DLM;6731436

I really do think religon is not a good thing.Too many war's caused by it.

..?

two world wars were caused by.....:?

Banned

kapows;6731455

..?two world wars were caused by.....:?

Hitler against jewish people who are very religious.

Banned

LoozR;6731447

Hear,hear.Make love,not war which is what I'm going to be doing … Hear,hear.Make love,not war which is what I'm going to be doing soon!:thumbsup:Live each day likes its your last,Love like you've never been hurt,And dance like nobody's watchin'.

Agreed, it is hard to do though when your head is full of worry :thumbsup:

Banned

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will live as one

Banned

DLM;6731458

Hitler against jewish people who are very religious.

youve mistaken crime for cause

two worlds wars were not caused because of hatred towards jews. the persecution of the jews was a crime.

Banned

kapows;6731470

youve mistaken crime for causetwo worlds wars were not caused because of … youve mistaken crime for causetwo worlds wars were not caused because of hatred towards jews. the persecution of the jews was a crime.

I was generalising that most war's are caused by religion ;-)

DLM;6731476

I was generalising that most war's are caused by humans ;-)

fix'd

Banned

DLM;6731476

I was generalising that most war's are caused by religion ;-)

thats the thing though lol there have been two major wars, which were not caused by religion
    the battle in israel is not religious but a war for the right of land and living for palestinians

how many wars do you know caused by religions?

Banned

phatboy123;6731483

fix'd

Men usually
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1534
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2489
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1220
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1219

See more discussions