Expired

why am i failing a credit check with virgin media?

Found 25th Jun 2013
I have an excellent credit rating and have regular access to my credit report. However, VM is the first time in years that I have been denied?

I've not missed a payment in years, I am paying back debts from about five years ago but I've never missed a payment. I'm married have been at my current workplace for nearly two years and am an outright home owner for nearly a year.

I currently do have a VM PAYG sim card but other than requesting my PAC and going with another network to get the deal I want I'm not sure what else I can do or why I am failing their credit check?

7 Comments

Haw you phoned them or just doing an online application? It might be worth going into a virgin shop and speaking to someone

Original Poster

ktm666

Haw you phoned them or just doing an online application? It might be … Haw you phoned them or just doing an online application? It might be worth going into a virgin shop and speaking to someone

I called them about fifteen minutes ago.

I applied for the same sim-only deal about two months ago online, that's the first time I applied. When I rang them up that time they said do it over the phone and it should go through as they can still override the automated web system. But they couldnt do it at the time due to a problem with their service. I was supposed to call back the next day but never got round to it.

Banned

shuwaz

I called them about fifteen minutes ago.I applied for the same sim-only … I called them about fifteen minutes ago.I applied for the same sim-only deal about two months ago online, that's the first time I applied. When I rang them up that time they said do it over the phone and it should go through as they can still override the automated web system. But they couldnt do it at the time due to a problem with their service. I was supposed to call back the next day but never got round to it.

So you didnt bother calling them back and you expect us to know why?

Jees people on this site- want everything doing for them.

Ring them and find out why

I deal with finance propsals on a day to day basis (for large amounts) there are a multitude of reason that you may have been declined, you say that you have an excellent credit record so that shouldn't be the problem, it could be due to either of the following

In putted wrong data into the system (I misspelled a customers name once and it came back declined, the reason being was that with the wrong spelling it came back as the customer have no credit record at all)

Lack of actual credit record (I have had customers come in with having never had finance or a credit card, because of this they have no actual record, thus they were declined on the basis that the company did not want to risk allowing finance on someone that may not pay.

If you have too much going out every month and not enough going in they may deny you on the basis that they are 'responsible lenders' and don't think you can afford it.

At the end of the day if they told you to call back then you need to phone them and see why and if they can override the system.

chose another mobile phone company

Do it through another company like CPW.

Original Poster

This thread was closed ages ago, why was it reopened/restarted?

As for butlers1982 then yes of course I rang them dumbass (they weren't any help, hence I posted the question). I didn't respond any further as I had already marked the first comment as the best answer.

This is the 'Ask' section of the website, sorry if you don't like the way it works.

allowed

chose another mobile phone company

aircanman

Do it through another company like CPW.

Yes thanks, I went to 3 and they matched the deal. I'll also automatically get 4G when the provide as well (at no extra charge).
Post a comment
@
    Text