Groups
    EXPIRED

Why are adverts all on at the same time?

Just sat here watching telly. Adverts come on, and have to flick over, but all the other channels have adverts! How inconsiderate! :giggle:

It's not spoiling too much my day of watching bloke tv.........Sports Disasters followed by World's Most Powerful Explosions! :thumbsup:

7 Comments

maybe its to put people off watching such garbage and flick the thing off:giggle:

I've noticed that recently actually - you flick around Freeview, and at the same time during the programmes, it seems like all commercial channels are showing them at the same time.

I wonder if it's some weird joint effort to stop people channel-hopping and settling on something different during the ads of the programme they were initially watching?

BristolDeal

I've noticed that recently actually - you flick around Freeview, and at … I've noticed that recently actually - you flick around Freeview, and at the same time during the programmes, it seems like all commercial channels are showing them at the same time.I wonder if it's some weird joint effort to stop people channel-hopping and settling on something different during the ads of the programme they were initially watching?

Hasnt it always been like that?

If you get ABC then thats a safe bet because its american they have the weird thing where they have their adverts, then show the last couple of minutes of a show, and then a program.

Titchimp

Hasnt it always been like that? If you get ABC then thats a safe bet … Hasnt it always been like that? If you get ABC then thats a safe bet because its american they have the weird thing where they have their adverts, then show the last couple of minutes of a show, and then a program.

Well that's the point - I don't think it always has been like that.

I hate the advert structure on abc1, it's so frustrating. You feel like every 6 minutes you're going "Oh god, not again!"

this has been the case in america and australia for years.
    i always thought what great tv we had

it's a shame we are going down the same route.

Yes in america
    It will show the first 3 minutes start of a program.
    (Thats why American Programmes like friends and fresh prince,have a little intro part then show title sequence)
    Advertise
    Show more
    Advertise in the middle
    shoe more
    Advertise again
    Show the end/credits,
    show the first 3 minutes start of a program.
    and repeat the structure

It is strange but i like how they dont have a advert between the change of programs

Slightly off topic, but i hate how on american shows the titles seem to roll for about 20 minutes:?
    Very distracting.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial914
      2. Tesco Recalls 1,000's of products!​47
      3. word association Game72744173
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1424

See more discussions