why are easy settings for xbox games still so hard?

29 replies
Found 3rd Apr 2011
im playing alan wake , and like all my games, are on the easy setting...so frustrating as im just a casual gamer they make even the easy setting nigh on impossible, i get annoyed and bored and turn the game off, lol!!!
easy should mean easy!!!!

29 Comments

I had 5 minutes on "easy" alan wake last night and founf it very hard. Game now packed away lol.

Original Poster

im on chapter 3 gotta find the radio station. Its impossible!!!

have you tried it on hard? it might be easier ? :P

I got as far a running from the chap with the axe but he keeps getting me. I prefer games where I can relax, not get stressed.

Easy is easy. Surely they can't make it any easier ? Hardly any point in playing below normal setting all the satisfaction is above this setting

try cheats

gamefaqs

Original Poster

i wish there was a button that you could press and skip the part your stuck on or better yet someone you could hire to get your past the bit ur stuck on lol

I'm honestly not having a go here but just as a fact; if you find easy settings hard then you're sadly just awful at games. Don't blame the tools.

Original Poster

i am awful yes, but i am just a casual gamer!

seems to explained easily enough in the walkthrough link I posted above ^^^^^

Banned

peterjmay

i wish there was a button that you could press and skip the part your … i wish there was a button that you could press and skip the part your stuck on or better yet someone you could hire to get your past the bit ur stuck on lol

Nintendo have started doing that in their Mario games.
If you keep dying it offers to do it for you

i dont know alan wake but i hate games where the whole thing just stops because you can't find something, and you wander around for ages looking for it. often you don't even know what you're looking for!
i dont buy games like that anymore

tommay

i dont know alan wake but i hate games where the whole thing just stops … i dont know alan wake but i hate games where the whole thing just stops because you can't find something, and you wander around for ages looking for it. often you don't even know what you're looking for!i dont buy games like that anymore

Me neither If I can't find the game on the shelf, I walk away and buy online.

tommay

i dont know alan wake but i hate games where the whole thing just stops … i dont know alan wake but i hate games where the whole thing just stops because you can't find something, and you wander around for ages looking for it. often you don't even know what you're looking for!i dont buy games like that anymore

Get the internet.

Banned

perhaps learn what google is for and find a walkthrough

and do the same for all your other really silly simple questions you keep posting lol

Banned

I am only a casual gamer but I have to admit I found Alan Wake fairly easy once I got into it - by the way; the last three chapter are MUCH better than the first three!

if a game is made in a way that you need to read a walkthrough to complete it then its a **** game.
wanna read, buy a book.

Banned

I think i played it first time on hard, then second on nightmare. Seriously not hard at all...

Alan Wake is a quality game and not very difficult on Easy.

Banned

To be honest I agree with the op. I prefer arcade games to these drawn out games that you have to do research on how to complete. But I guess my work is challenging enough so I when I actually play a game I want it to be relaxing and fun not stress based.

greatest666

Nintendo have started doing that in their Mario games.If you keep dying … Nintendo have started doing that in their Mario games.If you keep dying it offers to do it for you

I remember Simpsons: Hit and Run had the option to skip missions aswell.

Perhaps OP you are just rubbish at gaming. Alan Wake is by no means hard on easy

It annoys me when they (developers) disable achievements unless you play on 'mega insane hard mode' and disable saving if you activate cheats (looking at you RDR for the latter).

Why bother putting cheats in at all if you are going to stop game progression as it makes them completely redundant.

errr....... perhaps because they are called cheats gives the game away somewhat. They wouldn't exactly be achievements if you could cheat your way to 1000G in every game would they.
Edited by: "autolesbona" 4th Apr 2011

Ah casual gamers, the people we can thank for the cod series going so downhill.

Ungreat

It annoys me when they (developers) disable achievements unless you play … It annoys me when they (developers) disable achievements unless you play on 'mega insane hard mode' and disable saving if you activate cheats (looking at you RDR for the latter).Why bother putting cheats in at all if you are going to stop game progression as it makes them completely redundant.

wtf

Currently playing Alan Wake on Medium (dont even bother with EASY)

not sure how far through I am, but liking the game. Only cost me £9 and should be able to sell on for around £6

autolesbona

errr....... perhaps because they are called cheats gives the game away … errr....... perhaps because they are called cheats gives the game away somewhat. They wouldn't exactly be achievements if you could cheat your way to 1000G in every game would they.

The first point was aimed at some games that disable achievements in casual mode which is annoying as I play plenty of Co-Op games with friends who aren't heavy gamers so enjoy a lighter experience. The second point was aimed squarely at the new trend of disabling saving in games with cheats, more specifically RDR. Stopping achievements with cheats is fine as I tend to play games through normally first but then enjoy playing through a second time usually with 'cheats' (codes would probably be a better term) that ramp up the crazy.

Examples would be the Hitman series and GTA: SA where you could do things like turn off gravity on bodies, run at the speed of cars, have bullets explode, make all pedestrians attack you as well as the usual full guns and ammo. When GTA4 came out they abandoned all the 'crazy' cheats which kind of soured the re-playability for me and the newest Hitman just abandoned all cheats (on console not on PC). When RDR came out they took it even a step further than GTA and just disabled saving with cheats which just annoyed me a little as if it's not having any effect on other people I don't see why they bothered.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 48 hour working time directive56
    2. Windows 7 reactivation45
    3. Negative ratings for posts22
    4. amazon echo idiots guide710

See more discussions