Groups

why are energy saving dimmable bulbs so expensive?

I i just been to b&q and noticed that if i wanted an energy saving dimmable bulb was £14.Which seems alot for 1 bulb.

9 Comments

Im sure I saw these in wilkos for like 5/6 for £2/3

KapA

Im sure I saw these in wilkos for like 5/6 for £2/3

The dimmable ones?

I'm in the same boat. The cheap option would be to change the light switch.

Forget it - just get a normal bulb, turn the dimmer full to get it to light up and fully off to turn it off.

Don't need to change the switch or anything.

try the GU10 replacements then awful prices

Ah , is this the reason the dimmable lights in the bedrooms dont work properly !! .....duh i didnt realise you had to put in a certain bulb !! I was blaming the light switches and insisted they were faulty !!! or not put in right!!..........brb...off to apologise to hubby for blaming him and his ' dodgy ' diy

Old style dimmer switched are just a rheostat - hence why they don't work with regular dimmable bulbs. The bulbs work just don't change brightness.

Banned

They are fairly new technology wait a few years for the prices to drop, low energy bulbs used to be £10 a pop.

Banned

rash

Forget it - just get a normal bulb, turn the dimmer full to get it to … Forget it - just get a normal bulb, turn the dimmer full to get it to light up and fully off to turn it off.Don't need to change the switch or anything.

Lol - sort of defeats the purpose of a dimmer switch

I tried a normal energy bulb in a dimmer and it blew the bulb instantly
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp46
      2. What is there free to do in your town?713
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2871004
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)3246

See more discussions