Groups

Why are online price comparisson search engines so poor?

Banned
    Currently searching around for a decent hard drive MP3 player. You find a price that you think sounds good, click on the link and find its not the item you are looking for or a completely fake price shown in the first place.

Anyone else find this?

8 Comments

Yep, I agree - unless it's DVD / CD / Book / Game comparison sites, then it's a nightmare.

cos they make cash through afiliate links and so only list the ones that pay em cashmoney

Yes i noticed that, i searched for a camera once and saw one at a great price except when i clicked on the link it was a previous version of the make

vixygwim;1941087

Froogle.co.uk FTW.

It's just as unreliable unfortunately.

Banned

what size you looking for guv? and how much you looking to spend?

Original Poster Banned

crustyroad;1941176

what size you looking for guv? and how much you looking to spend?

ATM I'm undecided - mainly because there are things missing Id like - or things I dont like included!

Looking probably at a 160GB iPod Classic or 80GB Zune. Best prices Ive seen for these are £192 and £170 respectively.

Both devices are fine in themselves. But the iPod lacks a radio and hate iTunes, the Zune is much smaller in capacity and has only 20 hours battery (compared to 40 for the iPod). I'd probably go for a Creative Zen, but they only go upto 32GB and are much more expensive.

Keep finding links that say £145, £159, £166, £179 for the iPod 160GB - only to find they are 80GB! Bloody annoying and make search engines pretty pointless!

Banned

guv;1942222

Bloody annoying and make search engines pretty pointless!

you should make your own search engine, bet you could :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

crustyroad;1942491

you should make your own search engine, bet you could :thumbsup:

Ive often thought about it!!! But probably far too time consuming plus would be a whole new ball game and an awful lot of learning on my part. All I want is a not to be missed deal on an mp3 player!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?712
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014478
      3. Virgin Media Price Hike retention Deals1319
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047086

See more discussions