Why are people so judgemental

Found 24th Feb
Why are people so judgemental on this site. I like posting deals to help people but sometimes struggle with seeing words correctly. As soon as I make an error they swoop with crappy comment about me. Don’t people realise some of us are born like this. I have to spell check but predicted text does not help as it leads me up wrong path.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Ah the grammar police who think they are clever
Ignore them ,they still live at home with mum and dad
I post comments and sometimes stuff is spelt wrong , it's my predictive text
I've been picked up and it and it's the only comment in a thread they can make = Yawn
53 Comments
Original Poster
The mods are really good as they do correct a load of stuff - probably without realising it
mod
Hey @diddly08 if you feel certain members are being rude to you please feel free to use the report button and we will take a look into things for you. We are always here to help.
Surprised the 'nappy' gang/socks haven't swooped on this thread.
Original Poster
cowsindahouse1 m ago

Surprised the 'nappy' gang/socks haven't swooped on this thread.

????
Missing a ? at the end of the first sentence.
Mods, just ban this troublemaker
Just my two-penneth.

There are some who like to add their comments just to inflame.

There are some who add because it annoys them (pedants).

And, there are those that add in the hope it helps someone understand better.

I don't have an issue with people telling me I've made a spelling mistake/typo/predictive error, but it's the way they do it that sums them up more than me.
Ah the grammar police who think they are clever
Ignore them ,they still live at home with mum and dad
I post comments and sometimes stuff is spelt wrong , it's my predictive text
I've been picked up and it and it's the only comment in a thread they can make = Yawn
There are some who just banter without really meaning harm , as above comments but you're right in that some people are just lost in their own behinds.
Bradleigh14 m ago

Ah the grammar police who think they are cleverIgnore them ,they still …Ah the grammar police who think they are cleverIgnore them ,they still live at home with mum and dadI post comments and sometimes stuff is spelt wrong , it's my predictive textI've been picked up and it and it's the only comment in a thread they can make = Yawn

You see I never understand these type of remarks "they still live at home with mum and dad".

Firstly, living at home isn't a bad thing - lots of people are trying to save for a house/holiday/better life.

Secondly, if someone makes a mistake which doesn't make sense, it can be picked up for clarification without being a personal insult. Take your last sentence for example. My first language isn't English, but I can [sort of] understand what you mean, for others it may be not be so easy.

"I've been picked up and it and it's the only comment in a thread they can make = Yawn"

It's easy to make a mistake, it doesn't mean if someone can't understand what you've written that they are lesser mortals (living at home with their parents) and make you yawn.
Edited by: "windym" 24th Feb
It was a joke about mum and dad , don't worry about it
And i posted yawn as it's boring that's all someone can pick up is a spelling mistake rather than comment on the deal
I come here for the deals , not a spelling lesson
I see plenty of spelling mistakes but choose to ignore the error
Don't let it bother you
"Why are people so judgemental"

*judgmental
Bradleigh41 m ago

It was a joke about mum and dad , don't worry about itAnd i posted yawn as …It was a joke about mum and dad , don't worry about itAnd i posted yawn as it's boring that's all someone can pick up is a spelling mistake rather than comment on the dealI come here for the deals , not a spelling lessonI see plenty of spelling mistakes but choose to ignore the error

You see, I didn't give you a spelling lesson. I was telling you your sentence didn't make any sense.

Yawn away. Some people are quite happy sleeping through life.
Yawn
Hello, are you new to the internet?
If I have made a mistake before and was corrected, I just thank as next time I will remember what went wrong and wont make the same mistake again. But most the time the corrector gets laughfed at most the time.
I olways cirrect peepal fore no speling corectly. Rely anoys me
predicted
noddle361 h, 33 m ago

If I have made a mistake before and was corrected, I just thank as next …If I have made a mistake before and was corrected, I just thank as next time I will remember what went wrong and wont make the same mistake again. But most the time the corrector gets laughfed at most the time.

Don't worry; you have not made a mistake.
fanpages8 m ago

Don't worry; you have not made a mistake.

Thanks
@diddly08 spelling is no issue at all, if I were you I would just ignore those "who swoop with crappy comment" and keep posting your deals, a good deal is a good deal, however you spell it. They are the resident spelling cults.
@diddly08 BTW, this post of yours has perfect spelling (like I said in above, not important at all for deal posting). On one of my devices, the predictive and auto-correction, does havoc to my phrases too. I reset this Android keyboard and altered a few keyboard settings, but to no avail.
Personally I think people who just comment to correct spelling/grammar are sad. Surely their lives can't be great if that is what they go around doing.
I never comment to correct spelling or other types of mistakes. I can see how it can come off being rude.

With that said, it's true some mistakes can be caused by your phone's keyboard or auto-correction, predictive text, etc., but it's easy enough to re-read before posting or edit to correct obvious mistakes.
It's because people are all stupid.
davewave2 h, 3 m ago

It's because people are all stupid.

It's because all people are stupid.

Not that I'm a pedant, but word order is just as important as grammar and spelling.
33328290-tuspF.jpg
jaketheplumber12 m ago

It's because all people are stupid. Not that I'm a pedant, but word order …It's because all people are stupid. Not that I'm a pedant, but word order is just as important as grammar and spelling.

The order of words rather than word order.
fanpages21 h, 48 m ago

"Why are people so judgemental"*judgmental

I didn't know this was HotUSDeals
people often pick on others if they know there is no come back as is the case of the internet. people will make jokes at someone else's expense or put people down to make themselves look big. don't let it bother you too much as there are ***** out there, and they lurk on hukd in particular.

you can spell words any way you like, as long as it is understandable on here for all i care. the only time i comment on people's written english is when it is actually relevant, like a guy asking why he couldn't pass a written interview test when he couldn't write
Forget about them the grammar police and the pc brigade they all around. They cry if you don't spell something properly or use commas. Full stops and paragraphs. We aren't doing a school exam and I'm assuming your using your phone like me the keyboard is small and it always mixes letters up. Think they don't have enough brains to understand this.
Rubisco5 h, 21 m ago

They are not even that Hot these days.
MynameisM1 h, 49 m ago

Forget about them the grammar police and the pc brigade they all around. …Forget about them the grammar police and the pc brigade they all around. They cry if you don't spell something properly or use commas. Full stops and paragraphs. We aren't doing a school exam and I'm assuming your using your phone like me the keyboard is small and it always mixes letters up. Think they don't have enough brains to understand this.

*you're using your phone...
fanpages4 m ago

*you're using your phone...

You ain't I take it🤔
MynameisM4 m ago

You ain't I take it🤔

Thief.
fanpages2 m ago

Thief.

No idea u lost me
Rubisco25th Feb

Both spellings are correct for UK English, the OP's usage of judgement is preferred in UK English for general usage. Judgment is used in legal context. This is not a legal thread.
diddly0824th Feb

The mods are really good as they do correct a load of stuff - probably …The mods are really good as they do correct a load of stuff - probably without realising it

That's why the mods did not correct your "judgement".

We have a spelling cult in our midst.

fanpages24th Feb

"Why are people so judgemental"*judgmental

splender2 m ago

Both spellings are correct for UK English, the OP's usage of judgement is …Both spellings are correct for UK English, the OP's usage of judgement is preferred in UK English for general usage. Judgment is used in legal context. This is not a legal thread.That's why the mods did not correct your "judgement". We have a spelling cult in our midst.

Thanks for your valuable input as usual.

The acceptable legal &/or alternate UK English spelling was not why I posted my comment.

I would offer to explain (to you) but life is too short.
MynameisM21 h, 13 m ago

Forget about them the grammar police and the pc brigade they all around. …Forget about them the grammar police and the pc brigade they all around. They cry if you don't spell something properly or use commas. Full stops and paragraphs. We aren't doing a school exam and I'm assuming your using your phone like me the keyboard is small and it always mixes letters up. Think they don't have enough brains to understand this.

I never have enough grey matter. We process information fast and furious with anger, hunger and rigour, you will help us to read in using good level of punctuation unless you have Kafka's style.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions