Groups

Why are the oldest members considered the least reputable?

Did you know that a new member here starts with positive rep, but any member who joined before mid 2006 started with neutral rep? Because of this there are no less than 5498 members with a neutral (blue) rep score and 79 with a negative rep score (red). Many are still active members, so isn't it about time something was done to address this imbalance...

42 Comments

Original Poster

See ]here for the 'reverse rep-league'

Banned

that's funny

I don't get it, surely they'd have some rep by now?

Original Poster

Many probably aren't too active in the forums but certainly a lot of them still visit regular and some have made several posts. Just seems unfair that they should be 'neutral' rep when any new member starts with 10 rep points or whatever now...

They should have posted something rep-worthy in the last year or two then.

I joined before 2007 and I know I didn't start with a grey box.

Banned

Shengis;2234929

I joined before 2007 and I know I didn't start with a grey box.

me either, well i dont think

Shengis;2234929

I know I didn't start with a grey box.

We'll all end up with a big brown one though

Original Poster

Shengis - not sure exactly when the starting rep was changed from neutral to positive but looking at who has neutral I figure it must be around late 2006...

Re not making any rep-worthy posts - take this member from the first page as an example hotukdeals.com/for…630 - the posts they have made seem helpful and constructive - so why should they have less rep than a brand new member?

Edit - looks like its around June 2006 when it changed...

thats quite interesting, are they that active though?

I joined in 2005 and I had a grey box to start with

jah128;2234952

Re not making any rep-worthy posts - take this member from the first page … Re not making any rep-worthy posts - take this member from the first page as an example http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/member.php?u=7630 - the posts they have made seem helpful and constructive - so why should they have less rep than a brand new member?

Not neutral anymore

ctuk;2234969

Not neutral anymore

Someone beat me to it!

Original Poster

:giggle: Only 5497 to go then... ;-)

Banned

but if you joined a company but hardly ever put a contribution in, then would you deserve any credit

Original Poster

csiman;2235011

but if you joined a company but hardly ever put a contribution in, then … but if you joined a company but hardly ever put a contribution in, then would you deserve any credit

Agreed - the point is would you deserve less credit than the newbie who also never put a contribution in ;-)

Banned

what does it matter :?

sassie;2235028

We've got to argue about something?

sassie;2235028

Rep added:thumbsup::whistling:

jah128;2235024

Agreed - the point is would you deserve less credit than the newbie who … Agreed - the point is would you deserve less credit than the newbie who also never put a contribution in ;-)

Yeah, you should lose rep the longer you are here not contibuting!

csiman;2235011

but if you joined a company but hardly ever put a contribution in, then … but if you joined a company but hardly ever put a contribution in, then would you deserve any credit

jah128;2235024

Agreed - the point is would you deserve less credit than the newbie who … Agreed - the point is would you deserve less credit than the newbie who also never put a contribution in ;-)

And what if that company also had a massive clique and there was a huge amount of backslapping going on all over the place. :thumbsup:

sassie;2235028

My vote for post of the week.

modoc;2235049

My vote for post of the week.

Yeah, unusually short, to the point AND understandable without massive effort and head scratching :lol:

Banned

so if we now got £10 to join would you expect all the pre 2008 to get given it too, or vove versa, im totally confused why it matters

Banned

Benjimoron;2235032

We've got to argue about something?

About time! its been unbelievably friendly today. Was it the mods leaving thread? :-D

Original Poster

sassie;2235028

C'mon sassie, you must have realised by now that rep is the most important thing the in the whole world ever, without it all our lives would be null and void...

Banned

jah128;2235083

C'mon sassie, you must have realised by now that rep is the most … C'mon sassie, you must have realised by now that rep is the most important thing the in the whole world ever, without it all our lives would be null and void...

yeah i had noticed this was the case for some but didnt realise it was for members that no longer even post - lol

Original Poster

sassie;2235061

so if we now got £10 to join would you expect all the pre 2008 to get … so if we now got £10 to join would you expect all the pre 2008 to get given it too, or vove versa, im totally confused why it matters

You definately get my vote for the new admin if thats your plan :w00t:

Me thinks a few duplicate accounts might be created...:whistling:

wow i didnt relaise i negged 79 people. woww

me iz confuzzled..... poor oldie members...love skiprats avatar! haha

Banned

jah128;2235091

You definately get my vote for the new admin if thats your plan :w00t:Me … You definately get my vote for the new admin if thats your plan :w00t:Me thinks a few duplicate accounts might be created...:whistling:

well ive been trying it on with the baby fund, as if you where born on or after 1 September 2002 you received a £250 voucher to start an account, well i was born before that but its unfair as i am still here and think its unfair, anyway i have pointed them to this thread and there going to get back to me

Banned

black gerbil1;2235092

wow i didnt relaise i negged 79 people. woww

oooh ooooh - can you really neg people? show me, show me now ;-)

Banned

sassie;2235118

well ive been trying it on with the baby fund, as if you where born on or … well ive been trying it on with the baby fund, as if you where born on or after 1 September 2002 you received a £250 voucher to start an account, well i was born before that but its unfair as i am still here and think its unfair, anyway i have pointed them to this thread and there going to get back to me

Why don't you just go get a part time job with the government and take £250 worth of pens, rulers and erasers to get what you should be entitled to?

Original Poster

sassie;2235118

well ive been trying it on with the baby fund, as if you where born on or … well ive been trying it on with the baby fund, as if you where born on or after 1 September 2002 you received a £250 voucher to start an account, well i was born before that but its unfair as i am still here and think its unfair, anyway i have pointed them to this thread and there going to get back to me

You're giving your age away there sassie - careful...

On a serious note though it is a little unfair on them as a lot of members do mistakenly confuse rep for a persons reliability, so the neutral-repped members might be considered less trustworthy than another member if they were trying to trade etc - the simplest solution would be to change the neutral rep icon to the same as the positive rep icon - then nobody would know either way...

I can't remember what I started with,but have been here a while.

Banned

lumoruk;2235151

Why don't you just go get a part time job with the government and take … Why don't you just go get a part time job with the government and take £250 worth of pens, rulers and erasers to get what you should be entitled to?

somethings are easily missed

Banned

jah128;2235157

You're giving your age away there sassie - careful... On a serious note … You're giving your age away there sassie - careful... On a serious note though it is a little unfair on them as a lot of members do mistakenly confuse rep for a persons reliability, so the neutral-repped members might be considered less trustworthy than another member if they were trying to trade etc - the simplest solution would be to change the neutral rep icon to the same as the positive rep icon - then nobody would know either way...

the simplest way would be for traders to realise rep means naff all, or another easy way is just to remove the rep

Original Poster

sassie;2235174

the simplest way would be for traders to realise rep means naff all, or … the simplest way would be for traders to realise rep means naff all, or another easy way is just to remove the rep

:lol: If only educating traders were that simple! And if rep were removed we would have less pointless stuff to debate :cry:

Banned

jah128;2235202

:lol: If only educating traders were that simple! And if rep were … :lol: If only educating traders were that simple! And if rep were removed we would have less pointless stuff to debate :cry:

we could always find other things to discuss, i will have a think, could be a while - lol

Banned

sassie;2235174

the simplest way would be for traders to realise rep means naff all, or … the simplest way would be for traders to realise rep means naff all, or another easy way is just to remove the rep

Agreed. I never look to the left at rep before replying. I just know the regulars from their banter / cynicism :?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware48
      2. Dreams bed sale.32
      3. VM Super Hub 3 printer issues35
      4. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid46

See more discussions