Why are there gas smells in the same spots in my local villages?

Found 3rd Nov 2017
Walking the dog I go down similar routes and there are 3 locations near the path at the side of the road that nearly always smell of gas being released, smells like the additive in normal house gas supply. Its been the same for years so assume no cause for concern but wonder if anyone knows what they are for?
I've googled and found info on gas venting to stop build up of sewer gas or similar things, but these areas don't seem like they have deep sewers or mine shafts near them. They also don't seem to have a gas venting pole either.
Maybe they're just burst pipes no one wants to report
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Have you contacted the gas company ?
I reported a gas leak in the street a couple of weeks ago, they came out within hours and the leak was repaired a couple of days later.
Edited by: "daletharper" 3rd Nov 2017
Quote: "Maybe they're just burst pipes no one wants to report"

Here's a relovutioanry idea. How about YOU report it instead of leaving it to someone else!
Jeez. Some people!
Edited by: "artnada" 3rd Nov 2017
I could smell gas years ago on our street but the neighbours couldn't. Reported it and it was a leak.

Report it to be checked or take up smoking while walking?
ok got my arse into gear and reported 1 of them that I checked again this morning, an hour later and the guy has detected a gas leak.
I'll sniff the others again to see if they are still there and report those also.
darkovo29 m ago

ok got my arse into gear and reported 1 of them that I checked again this …ok got my arse into gear and reported 1 of them that I checked again this morning, an hour later and the guy has detected a gas leak.I'll sniff the others again to see if they are still there and report those also.:)

There ya go.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants