Why are there so many calories in supernoodles?

Found 2nd Feb 2012
Just eating a pack of 25p supernoodles from Asda (own brand) and I noticed there are a whopping 474 calories in a pack? wtf

It says per half pack served is 237 calories. The packs are tiny, I have to use 2 packs just to fill the bowl therefore consuming almost 1000 calories on a snack. I just don't get it.
Community Updates
Misc
15 Comments
They are just fatty carbs, The ingredients are naturally high in calories per 100g.

100g Chicken will have 150 calories maybe
100g butter has 700 calories.
100g of super noodles will have x calories.
Why eat 2 packs of noodles as snack and worry about calories

Indulge in 50 calories snack, here you go!
They are fried before they are dried. They soak up oil
It's not all about calorie intake, it's what makes the calories that matters. In this case it's mainly carbs...
How poor are you OP?
im eating these at the moment aswell. i need to get off them tbh
dimebars

How poor are you OP?

Why do you think I'm poor? Is it because I eat 25p supernoodles? What an immature uneducated answer to give. Put it this way, I can pretty much guarantee you that I earn a great deal more than you do. How much do you get paid per hour? Do you even work?
christopherguy25

What an immature uneducated answer to give. I can pretty much guarantee … What an immature uneducated answer to give. I can pretty much guarantee you that I earn a great deal more than you do. How much do you get paid per hour? Do you even work?

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/wong/topics/Irony.png
whatsThePoint

the cal are so high because its about 19g of fat in each packet so your … the cal are so high because its about 19g of fat in each packet so your snack has around 60% of your rda

oO Whats with the sensible answer ???..........................:D
Have you tried dust?
I'd have thought it was due to the high flour content. Refined white flour is just as evil as sugar.
whatsThePoint

fixed that for you

....and still have 1p change for some scrapings from the chippy on the way home...
christopherguy25

Why do you think I'm poor? Is it because I eat 25p supernoodles? What an … Why do you think I'm poor? Is it because I eat 25p supernoodles? What an immature uneducated answer to give. Put it this way, I can pretty much guarantee you that I earn a great deal more than you do. How much do you get paid per hour? Do you even work?

When you get paid by the hour, chances are you aren't earning a huge amount.

And the answer to your original question - it's a conspiracy to kill people who eat supernoodles off by inducing heart attacks.
they do a low fat version that has about a third of the cals, only a couple of flavours available.
FilthAndFurry

When you get paid by the hour, chances are you aren't earning a huge … When you get paid by the hour, chances are you aren't earning a huge amount.And the answer to your original question - it's a conspiracy to kill people who eat supernoodles off by inducing heart attacks.

nonsense
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants