Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Why are these bikes so cheap?

Posted 5th Sep 2020
Guys an advert just came up in Facebook of this website : uk.bikesplayer.com

I can't belive how cheap they are for £72 u get a bike! Can you trust them and is TREK a good brand? Is it fake? Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I_Mu05/09/2020 22:51

That is what I thought but it is funny that they are advertising in …That is what I thought but it is funny that they are advertising in facebook. thank you!

Facebook will take the money. They don’t verify sellers
16 Comments
Trek is great brand

Site and discount looks FAKE at first glance
stuart.bickerton05/09/2020 22:50

Trek is great brand Site and discount looks FAKE at first glance

That is what I thought but it is funny that they are advertising in facebook. thank you!
"I can't belive how cheap they are for £72 u get a bike!"

i doubt you'll get the bike.
If it’s too good to be true.........

That is what I thought but it is funny that they are advertising in …That is what I thought but it is funny that they are advertising in facebook. thank you!

Thanks, ordered
Looks dodgy
Report the ad to Facebook please.

Facebook will take the money. They don’t verify sellers
It's time's like this when I'm glad I have adblocking!
Edited by: "endofdays" 5th Sep
Gotta love facebook ads... I've just bought an electric mountain bike, being shipped from America, For £45 including shipping can't wait for it to get here
Ringfinger06/09/2020 00:06

Gotta love facebook ads... I've just bought an electric mountain bike, …Gotta love facebook ads... I've just bought an electric mountain bike, being shipped from America, For £45 including shipping can't wait for it to get here

You'll probably receive some used toilet paper sent by tracked mail.
When you file your not-received-bike claim the (non)seller will use the tracked delivery to refute your claim.
Big roll or beads are popular substitute products, but yes: we know you weren't serious but tragically the scammers are serious.

Ah yes Facebook.
That beacon of truth and trust!

Literally anyone can advertise on Facebook. Don't believe me? Try yourself. Download Facebook ad manager app or use website. You can target your ads incredibly specifically, from what phone you have, your interests, age, location, and lots more data Facebook has. All you need to publish is a bank card. Content is moderated using AI, as long as nothing flags for manual review (say if it was a banned keyword) then it is allowed on site.
Edited by: "jamie15" 6th Sep
cuzzy05/09/2020 23:00

Website is 15 days old, Registrant City: Kuala Lumpur …Website is 15 days old, Registrant City: Kuala Lumpur https://whois.domaintools.com/bikesplayer.com

Despite having a domain their email is helpdesk@customerservicebest.com and no contact details. Poorly written terms to boot. Definitely a hard brake and turn around situation. Buy a decent second hand bike via Facebook or Gumtree.
Take a video, no cuts, no edition, of the package just being received, focus on label/tracking information, and film the opening/unboxing.
I have tried myself some deals "too good to be true", and sometimes they are really awesome deals, but also a couple of time were scams that I could solve thanks to my precaution of taking a video of the process. Specially ebay, amazon marketplace, or weird websites
Post a comment
@
    Text