Why are train tickets expensive next week and most of the week after?

4 replies
Found 2nd Oct 2009
I normally get cheap tickets as low as £6 up to friends in Scotland even booking a day or two in advance, and £8 on the way back but next week I cant find a ticket lower than £15 no matter what time of day all week and even the week after it has abouit 2 tickets for like £9 each direction, doesnt sound bad but they are like 5am in morning or 11pm at night with like a 4 hour wait at Glasgow!

So I decided to check about my other friend in Warrington and the cheaoest ticket is £19.25 single, or £24 anytime or £30 for a return ticket.

Considering this is WITH a railcard it shows you how bad they are, and the week afters budget tickets are about £15 to warrington and £12 to my friends in Scotland.

However the week after theres more cheap tickets but still not as many as normal.

Is there some holiday I am missing?

4 Comments

It is the school's "October week" here (Central Scotland) starting the 9th October.

Original Poster

j9mcl;6466376

It is the school's "October week" here (Central Scotland) starting the … It is the school's "October week" here (Central Scotland) starting the 9th October.

Thought it might have been but strange how that affects prices on say Tuesday or Wednesday next week thought it would be the week after.

Yes but different councils have different dates, so say Falkirk has w/c 12/10 lothian might have theirs w/c 5/10 and strathclyde might have theirs w/c 19/10.

and also they push out the dates either way to catch more revenue xx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition62653
    2. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines11
    3. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers33
    4. Chat magazine issue 4323

See more discussions