Why are we out in the carribean helping the islands out?

Banned 13 replies
Found 6th Mar 2011
Sorry to be so naive, just watching the navy programme on channel 5 and just wandered.

13 Comments

Surely the programme tells you?

Sloth/Mod

There are British waters in the Carribean

Not actually watching the programme.......

Protecting the offshore banking industry?

Original Poster Banned

thesaint

Surely the programme tells you?

No, I believe it's a series and probably explained the reasons in episode one. All I've been able to gather from the episode is that they are in the carribean helping out the small islands get through a storm. But that cannot be the sole reason as next week they are doing different duties. Whats the connection with the royal navy and the carribean?

Sloth/Mod

DangerGod

No, I believe it's a series and probably explained the reasons in episode … No, I believe it's a series and probably explained the reasons in episode one. All I've been able to gather from the episode is that they are in the carribean helping out the small islands get through a storm. But that cannot be the sole reason as next week they are doing different duties. Whats the connection with the royal navy and the carribean?

see post #2

DangerGod

No, I believe it's a series and probably explained the reasons in episode … No, I believe it's a series and probably explained the reasons in episode one. All I've been able to gather from the episode is that they are in the carribean helping out the small islands get through a storm. But that cannot be the sole reason as next week they are doing different duties. Whats the connection with the royal navy and the carribean?

British empire, colonial times, slave trade.
Google any of the above.

We all live on this earth together....is it really so bad to help each other out just 'cos we don't live in the same country? Sorry, you were only asking a question...I jumped to conclusions

Edited by: "scabbers" 6th Mar 2011

Cause there a good run ashore

It's mostly for the interception of drugs.

you have spelt carribean wrong by the way it's caribbean

anthonyt

And the odd coconut lol

Banned

anthonyt

but its for the interception of drugs to the USA (US commandos are on the ships) and illegal immigrants.

Still, its all good training but would hope the USA actually pay us for helping them do our job; but would be surprised if they did.

Probably UK protectorates?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Is there a way to add ethernet to MIFI device?47
    2. Driving anxiety.1923
    3. Best place to load vouchers for Black Friday for 4k tv33
    4. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed430

See more discussions