Why are websites sending out packages with their logo all over the box now ??

Posted 9th Dec 2019
what a nightmare, good job my partner hasn't caught any of the post! some of them have even has the product written on the box. whatever happened to a brown discreet box! sure it's wrecked a lot of people's surprises this year
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
You better hope your Ann Summers and Lovehoney orders are more discreet when they arrive then.
13 Comments
You better hope your Ann Summers and Lovehoney orders are more discreet when they arrive then.
harlzter09/12/2019 20:00

You better hope your Ann Summers and Lovehoney orders are more discreet …You better hope your Ann Summers and Lovehoney orders are more discreet when they arrive then.

I thought that’s how you know it’s from ann Summers/ Love honey the lack of logo and plain brown box.

Don’t other company’s out there put logo tape all over the packaging.
"Wrecked a lot of people's surprises" is quite a strong term.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 9th Dec 2019
I agree 100% I ordered a .Breville HotCup Hot Water Dispenser for my daughter as a present, it came without any packaging with a big address label stuck to the box . . if it wasn't on special offer I would have sent it back
Haircut_10009/12/2019 20:24

"Wrecked a lot of people's surprises" is quite a strong term.

It's true tho, imagine if you ordered a Nintendo switch for your kid and the postman comes up with a big brown box that's got Nintendo in big red writing all over it and the kid answers the door !
chrisredmayne09/12/2019 21:46

It's true tho, imagine if you ordered a Nintendo switch for your kid and …It's true tho, imagine if you ordered a Nintendo switch for your kid and the postman comes up with a big brown box that's got Nintendo in big red writing all over it and the kid answers the door !

Yeah, the kid would be distraught realising that FC was actually the postman.
chrisredmayne09/12/2019 21:46

It's true tho, imagine if you ordered a Nintendo switch for your kid and …It's true tho, imagine if you ordered a Nintendo switch for your kid and the postman comes up with a big brown box that's got Nintendo in big red writing all over it and the kid answers the door !

I get what you mean though. If it's just a generic plain box from a retailer but with their name on the outside then that isn't so bad, but I can see what you mean though if you were to receive a product in just it's retail box with a label slapped on it. But I suppose though in some ways people can also complain about items being over-packaged too, I guess that hopefully you'd be the one yourself to answer the door to the delivery person.
If this, is that important to you, you should select the gift option at checkout.
harlzter09/12/2019 20:00

You better hope your Ann Summers and Lovehoney orders are more discreet …You better hope your Ann Summers and Lovehoney orders are more discreet when they arrive then.

Especially if it has 'blow up doll' or 'fleshlight' written on the box and requires a signature.
ndksamb10/12/2019 04:12

Especially if it has 'blow up doll' or 'fleshlight' written on the box and …Especially if it has 'blow up doll' or 'fleshlight' written on the box and requires a signature.

I found a vibrator recall postcard online that you could print out for something like a king dong in large print. I sent it to a friend of the Mrs ( I had actually known her from years before I met the Mrs), via signed for delivery. She was never able to look the postman in the eye again. She did see the funny side though.
iscom09/12/2019 21:40

I agree 100% I ordered a .Breville HotCup Hot Water Dispenser for my …I agree 100% I ordered a .Breville HotCup Hot Water Dispenser for my daughter as a present, it came without any packaging with a big address label stuck to the box . . if it wasn't on special offer I would have sent it back

That's exactly how mine came from Amazon. Labels impossible to remove from the box. Just glad that the person who it is for doesn't live here.
JimboParrot10/12/2019 06:50

That's exactly how mine came from Amazon. Labels impossible to remove …That's exactly how mine came from Amazon. Labels impossible to remove from the box. Just glad that the person who it is for doesn't live here.

I ordered a xmas gift that came the same way, no packaging and address label on the product box - I rang amazon to complain and said they were testing this method to save on packaging and that it did highlight this when you go to the checkout with the option to select it being boxed. I went back in to look and yes it is there but it’s so small and discreet, you can easily miss it!
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 10th Dec 2019
Ah ok. I'm all for saving on packaging but did think it should have had an outer wrapper with the labels on. When you think of some of the ways they pack stuffi - small, unbreakable item in a large cardboard box stuffed with yards of that brown paper they use!

I did buy a rather expensive Lego model which can well packaged from another retailer, but on my address label it state what it was!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions