Why aren't there as many deals as there used to be?

Found 16th Dec 2017
Hey, I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong....
I always use my android mobile to browse hot UK deals, but recently it seems that I don't see anywhere near as many deals as I used to :-/ I have tried joining as many groups as possible but to no avail. for example, when I used to view 'new' deals; there'd be loads listed. now if I scroll through about 15-20 posts I'm on to things that were posted 4 or 5 hours ago...
any help would be appreciated please 😊
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Unfortunately HUKD isn’t the place it used to be.

I recently got my comment reported (and deleted) because I told someone I wouldn’t give them a unidays code because they hadn’t contributed to the site (I was told I was “causing an argument”). Something like that wouldn’t have happened last year.

It’s more taking without giving now, and it’s sad. And people voting cold on deals for stupid reasons means that they’re less likely to post more deals.

Also with the way the UK economy is, there’s going to be less deals (I’m not blaming brexit, I’m just on about the general UK economy).
deleted800342
Any that aren't posted by mods/editors get lost/buried
This site is nothing like it used to be, it didn’t help that they got rid of the buy/sell section. Other updates didn’t help either.
A lot of it now is paid for crap from the likes of Gearbest and cherry picked discount codes. As well as the same cdkeys deals reposted day after day.
33 Comments
Unfortunately HUKD isn’t the place it used to be.

I recently got my comment reported (and deleted) because I told someone I wouldn’t give them a unidays code because they hadn’t contributed to the site (I was told I was “causing an argument”). Something like that wouldn’t have happened last year.

It’s more taking without giving now, and it’s sad. And people voting cold on deals for stupid reasons means that they’re less likely to post more deals.

Also with the way the UK economy is, there’s going to be less deals (I’m not blaming brexit, I’m just on about the general UK economy).
It’s been busy for the last few weeks but that’s because if the time of year a couple of months ago it was like a ghost town, two revamps killed it the likes of misc haven’t recovered but the diet probably isn’t bothered. Just wait for the flame deer Easter special like the August one to drum up business. The site has so much paid for adverts now if they aren’t I would be shocked
If you're on the app, does it look like this,
32774591-l3NVO.jpgDoes it say all deals at the top and new highlighted, failing that I would uninstall and reinstall the app.
Personally I think a lot has changed for the worst since there was a huge update about a year ago. Deals were much harder to find afterwards
Most of my searching is done using the browser on phone rather than the app . On the browser I have set to "Deals" rather than "All/Deals" on the "Deals" section you'll find all the latest offers. As for the offers I use WhatsApp Hotukdeals . I constantly check on there for deals
deleted800342
Any that aren't posted by mods/editors get lost/buried
This site is nothing like it used to be, it didn’t help that they got rid of the buy/sell section. Other updates didn’t help either.
A lot of it now is paid for crap from the likes of Gearbest and cherry picked discount codes. As well as the same cdkeys deals reposted day after day.
I try and post as many genuinely good deals as I can (think i average one a day), but a lot get deleted because someone still has a similar one open from months ago etc. That and the hostility you can get based on the HUKD time machine paradox
Original Poster
shadey121 h, 21 m ago

If you're on the app, does it look like this,[Image] Does it say all deals …If you're on the app, does it look like this,[Image] Does it say all deals at the top and new highlighted, failing that I would uninstall and reinstall the app.

Yes it looks just like that and set to 'all deals' and 'new'. Think as everyone has pointed out, the HUKD just isn't as good as it used to be, sadly 😓
Original Poster
Dolphinzz2 h, 4 m ago

Unfortunately HUKD isn’t the place it used to be. I recently got my c …Unfortunately HUKD isn’t the place it used to be. I recently got my comment reported (and deleted) because I told someone I wouldn’t give them a unidays code because they hadn’t contributed to the site (I was told I was “causing an argument”). Something like that wouldn’t have happened last year.It’s more taking without giving now, and it’s sad. And people voting cold on deals for stupid reasons means that they’re less likely to post more deals.Also with the way the UK economy is, there’s going to be less deals (I’m not blaming brexit, I’m just on about the general UK economy).

Totally agree with you, its such a shame!
Juejue20055 m ago

Yes it looks just like that and set to 'all deals' and 'new'. Think as …Yes it looks just like that and set to 'all deals' and 'new'. Think as everyone has pointed out, the HUKD just isn't as good as it used to be, sadly 😓

Just counted mine twenty + deals up to 59 minutes ago.
Original Poster
Deal0rN0Dea11 h, 23 m ago

Personally I think a lot has changed for the worst since there was a huge …Personally I think a lot has changed for the worst since there was a huge update about a year ago. Deals were much harder to find afterwards

Yes, I agree completely. It seems to have gone downhill significantly since this time last year...i do struggle to find stuff now :-/
Original Poster
shadey126 m ago

Just counted mine twenty + deals up to 59 minutes ago.

Hmm maybe I'm not subscribed to enough groups or something? I'll have another look through all my settings
I won't mention them but a few more deal sites have popped up too. Im on here half as much as I used to be. A shame really.

£££
Edited by: "OneGloveOnTheFence" 16th Dec 2017
If we all try and post more deals, other members will see more deals.

i.e. an average of 1 deal every 18 months is quite low..........
Original Poster
andynicol5 m ago

If we all try and post more deals, other members will see more deals.i.e. …If we all try and post more deals, other members will see more deals.i.e. an average of 1 deal every 18 months is quite low..........

Is that my average?! Well...1) I only wait till I find something I believe is an excellent deal, which I don't seem to come across too often.
2) I have deleted off a few deals due to negative comments etc.
I didn't realise there was a level of expectation for an individual...but I will try harder in future.
Juejue20057 m ago

Hmm maybe I'm not subscribed to enough groups or something? I'll have …Hmm maybe I'm not subscribed to enough groups or something? I'll have another look through all my settings

When I touch all deals it looks like this,
32776216-XBrcu.jpgI don't think I've ever altered this.
Original Poster
shadey123 m ago

When I touch all deals it looks like this,[Image] I don't think I've ever …When I touch all deals it looks like this,[Image] I don't think I've ever altered this.

Thanks for posting this, mine looks different to this....
32776277-Uy7dl.jpg
People probably know by now where to get their deals rather than browsing the usual chosen, limited merchants on here.
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 16th Dec 2017
Juejue200512 m ago

Is that my average?! Well...1) I only wait till I find something I believe …Is that my average?! Well...1) I only wait till I find something I believe is an excellent deal, which I don't seem to come across too often.2) I have deleted off a few deals due to negative comments etc.I didn't realise there was a level of expectation for an individual...but I will try harder in future.

No level of expectation, I just find it ironic that someone who has posted an average of 1 deal every 18 months creates a thread about a lack of deals....
Juejue200514 m ago

Thanks for posting this, mine looks different to this....[Image]

If you havnt updated the app, do that.
Then try uninstalling and reinstalling app.
Original Poster
andynicol14 m ago

No level of expectation, I just find it ironic that someone who has posted …No level of expectation, I just find it ironic that someone who has posted an average of 1 deal every 18 months creates a thread about a lack of deals....

Ok, don't be mean, there seems to be a lot of that on here, which isn't very nice. I don't have a lot of time on my hands to hunt down deals, I work full time and have 3 children. I just really appreciate being alerted to deals and if I ever do find something I consider a genuine bargain I do post. I know there are a lot of people who put a lot of effort into this site and resent people who just 'take' but everyone's circumstances are different and not everyone has that much time to dedicate. I was simply posting to see if I had something wrong with my settings etc
Original Poster
shadey128 m ago

If you havnt updated the app, do that.Then try uninstalling and …If you havnt updated the app, do that.Then try uninstalling and reinstalling app.

Ok, I will try that. Many thanks for your help and advice 😊
This is my come to site when I'm bored/ need gifts for bday/ xmas and this year it just seems to have gone right down the pan.. absolutely nothing like it used to be.. when I first discovered the site there was a constant stream of deals/ offers/ codes available but now.. it's the odd thing and most of it is crap if I'm being honest..

It's a shame, I don't know how they'd make it back to how it used to be, but I hope they do!!!
Fed up with endless xbox deals that are not really deals - just the usual xbox and a game for around £200 to £250 when a hot deal would be £150. Ditto £300 plus deals for the PS4 Pro which are not hot deals either.

I posted a deal this past week for the cheapest price for a bottle of rum and people were voting it cold - so why bother huh?
Lots of ppl moved one when fs/ft died. RIP
Original Poster
Snakeyes6466 h, 20 m ago

Lots of ppl moved one when fs/ft died. RIP

Sorry I don't understand what you mean (I'm not great with abbreviations on here!)
Juejue20055 m ago

Sorry I don't understand what you mean (I'm not great with abbreviations …Sorry I don't understand what you mean (I'm not great with abbreviations on here!)

For sale/for trade
Original Poster
benjammin31616 m ago

For sale/for trade

Thanks 😊
For me its that lack of quality rather than quantity. I find there are too many deals of the same type of items. The quality deals seem to get lost among the tat.

It feels like a long time ago since I bought a really amazing deal that was memorable.
Juejue200511 h, 19 m ago

Ok, don't be mean, there seems to be a lot of that on here, which isn't …Ok, don't be mean, there seems to be a lot of that on here, which isn't very nice. I don't have a lot of time on my hands to hunt down deals, I work full time and have 3 children. I just really appreciate being alerted to deals and if I ever do find something I consider a genuine bargain I do post. I know there are a lot of people who put a lot of effort into this site and resent people who just 'take' but everyone's circumstances are different and not everyone has that much time to dedicate. I was simply posting to see if I had something wrong with my settings etc

To be fair I dont think andy was trying to be mean , just pointing out that the deals come mainly from individual members posting them, so it means the site works best when everyone contributes. However everyone uses the site in different ways . For example some people are more active on misc , others spend time answering people's questions on ask , others post deals .
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 17th Dec 2017
rhysccfc3113 h, 39 m ago

This site is nothing like it used to be, it didn’t help that they got rid o …This site is nothing like it used to be, it didn’t help that they got rid of the buy/sell section. Other updates didn’t help either.

True the buy and sell was the best thing on here. Lokal is terrible
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants