Groups

Why bother posting ?

I stumbled across hukd just before Xmas, and managed to pick up assassins creed unity for the ps4 from Tesco for 25 quid, a great spot from the poster as it wasn't marked down in my local store, it was still showing at £45 on the shelf. As a newbie i thought that, this is what this site is all about. I have since that day been on here everyday, and for me it appears its just full of people that moan or make smarty ass comments when a poster post something that isn't to their liking, I cant believe for 1 minute that someone would post something about a offer in their local asda or tescos or anywhere else, if they hadn't personally found a deal. If something is local and somebody nearby gains something from that post, then its job done. Why all the negative comments when someone posts anything, it seems this way all just about every offer i have read. If its not for you or your not interested in it, then read it and move on. Someone enlighten me please if i am wrong here ?

73 Comments

In before 'pointless post'.

It's the world we live morph, it's full of variables.
    Take the good and ignore the bad.

Welcome to misc.

What's your views on everything? We need to know so that you can be sorted & put with people of your type to make creating arguments easier.

/\ very philosophical

unquestioned

Welcome to misc.What's your views on everything? We need to know so that … Welcome to misc.What's your views on everything? We need to know so that you can be sorted & put with people of your type to make creating arguments easier.

That was such a hilarious comment. Thank you.

Hi Morphy... you've gotta take the rough with the smooth here! Don't take comments to heart too much, take advantage of the deals that are useful to you, share those that you think may be useful to others, and don't get too hung up on deal heat. Misc though, that's a completely different kettle of fish. Stand your ground and take no prisoners.

Original Poster

But surely if a deal benefits 1 person, then all is good, the amount of posts ive read about people going on wild goose chases around stores, why don't they phone if they are not near a local store ? common sense !!. And i thought it might have been asked before, but being a newbie i wasn't quite sure where to look. Maybe i didn't want to ask the question in fear or being ridiculed by the bullies on here.

http://media.giphy.com/media/bS3VSG4AX61Nu/giphy.gif

morphy69

But surely if a deal benefits 1 person, then all is good

Exactly. Focus on that and don't get hung up on anything else. Don't feel you ever have to justify any deals you post, if it's helped you, there's a high chance it will help someone else. Forget the rest of it.

Issue you do not understand:

morphy69

...I cant believe for 1 minute that someone would post something about a … ...I cant believe for 1 minute that someone would post something about a offer in their local asda or tescos or anywhere else, if they hadn't personally found a deal.

Reason:
    morphy69

I stumbled across hukd just before Xmas...

i.e. not here long enough to see those that create "Deals" that do not exist, or give hope to others that the offer quoted is either national, or sufficient stock exists at a single store to meet (the reader's) demand.

Additionally:
    morphy69

...it appears its just full of people that moan or make smarty ass … ...it appears its just full of people that moan or make smarty ass comments when a poster post something that isn't to their liking

Welcome to the World Wide Web.

Finally:
    morphy69

...If its not for you or your not interested in it, then read it and move … ...If its not for you or your not interested in it, then read it and move on. Someone enlighten me please if i am wrong here ?

The ability to vote on a "Deal" ("Voucher", or "Freebie") thread &/or provide a comment on the subjective usefulness of the product or service has always been a source of contention.

Note the "subjective" element. If one product satisfied everybody's needs there would be no need for competitive products. Products would then just be a price, a higher price, or a lower price than normal.

The site's function would just be a price comparison engine. It is more than that.

I agree, it's turned to ****.
    If you're a lurker without an account, I suggest you stay like that and not get mixed up with the drama BS on this site.

don't take it to heart,it would have benefited some people.my second deal was shot down in coldness because it was hugo boss baby socks,apparently knitting your own for 50p is the in thing! anyhoo without the hot and cold many a good bit of banter on threads gets lost.keep posting your deals.....without these the site would dry up!

morphy69

But surely if a deal benefits 1 person, then all is good, the amount of … But surely if a deal benefits 1 person, then all is good, the amount of posts ive read about people going on wild goose chases around stores, why don't they phone if they are not near a local store ? common sense !!. And i thought it might have been asked before, but being a newbie i wasn't quite sure where to look. Maybe i didn't want to ask the question in fear or being ridiculed by the bullies on here.

Note the number of times a question is asked when the same text could have been typed into a web search engine & within 30 seconds or so the answer could be gained.

Yes, there is a difference between those that want items as cheaply as possible [i.e. humans] versus those that want "something for nothing" (or no effort), but people are tending to need "spoon-feeding" because of laziness as technology in their lives increases & the ability to think for themselves decreases. Actually doing something for themselves, such as telephoning a store when somebody else can do that for them is the preferred option.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIdFHexCQAAWYjo.jpg

If the same people had something productive to do with their day then surely they would not be here for as long as they are on a daily basis.

As miikey' mentioned, do what you feel you need to do to repay your use of the site, ignore those that do not appreciate your time, & feel good that you have helped somebody. That somebody may not have commented, but out of the many members that read the site's contents daily, you will have helped a decision; perhaps not in favour of the product you mentioned, but indirectly with a purchase being considered.

theres always gonna be negative people on here...some folks are only happy when they're miserable! My only complaint about this site is if people vote a price cold, they should have to say where they've found it cheaper. Finally, don't take it personally, keep posting deals.

fanpages

If the same people had something productive to do with their day then … If the same people had something productive to do with their day then surely they would not be here for as long as they are on a daily basis.

Pot. Kettle.

Original Poster

As of yet i haven't posted anything, i am very good at finding deals for holidays, separate flights, hotels, transfers etc, been doing it for the last 10 years. So when i find something that warrants me posting on here i will. It dont bother me what people comment, good or bad, i just cant understand the amount of negativity on here !!

Original Poster

NEtech

NEtech Thanks for the reply, i thought you would still be to busy chasing that fat 50 year old granny that pulls your pints at your local pub. Any luck on that post you made,or are you looking for advice ?

fanpages

If the same people had something productive to do with their day then … If the same people had something productive to do with their day then surely they would not be here for as long as they are on a daily basis.

ceres

Pot. Kettle.

Check how many comments I have made in the last week; considerably less than the week before.

I am going to the cinema in fifteen minutes.

What are you doing today?

sunshine Stacey posted loads of holiday deals (have,nt seen any posts for a while?).these were well received,looking forward to your deals,if you save one person cash its a deal!

morphy69

As of yet i haven't posted anything, i am very good at finding deals for … As of yet i haven't posted anything, i am very good at finding deals for holidays, separate flights, hotels, transfers etc, been doing it for the last 10 years. So when i find something that warrants me posting on here i will. It dont bother me what people comment, good or bad, i just cant understand the amount of negativity on here !!

Correct spelling & grammar usage will help!

shazzashops

sunshine Stacey posted loads of holiday deals (have,nt seen any posts for … sunshine Stacey posted loads of holiday deals (have,nt seen any posts for a while?).these were well received,looking forward to your deals,if you save one person cash its a deal!

We don't mention 'Stacey now... not after "the incident".

And yet folk vote a fake photoshop deal stupidly hot without even questioning it!

capend

And yet folk vote a fake photoshop deal stupidly hot without even … And yet folk vote a fake photoshop deal stupidly hot without even questioning it!

http://1923.radiotimes.com/uploads/images/original/66738.gif

fanpages

That was quick!

fanpages

Incident? What did I miss?

miikeyblue

Yeah

deeky

Yeah

This

Banned

If you have a view and its not what the mods agree with, They will delete comments, delete threads and even suspend you.

Power mad imo

Banned

seanbwfc

If you have a view and its not what the mods agree with, They will delete … If you have a view and its not what the mods agree with, They will delete comments, delete threads and even suspend you.Power mad imo

Oh, But if you play stupid word games in misc with them then you will be best friends forever...

Banned

seanbwfc

If you have a view and its not what the mods agree with, They will delete … If you have a view and its not what the mods agree with, They will delete comments, delete threads and even suspend you.Power mad imo

No they have rules to enforce, if you don't like it then don't use the site.

fanpages

Check how many comments I have made in the last week; considerably less … Check how many comments I have made in the last week; considerably less than the week before.I am going to the cinema in fifteen minutes.What are you doing today?

X)

fanpages

ceres

Pot. Kettle.

What are you going to see?

Oh, I think you must have gone
    Edited by: "deeky" 11th Jan 2015

miikeyblue

me too, I missed it. Come on FP!

fanpages

ceres

Pot. Kettle.

Which movie FP ?

The World Made HotUKDeals
    The HotUKDeals - The Battle of the Five Deals
    HUKD 4 - Apocalypse
    HotUKDeals 14

or one of the remakes/oldies?

Carry On HotUKDeals
    Escape From HotUKDeals
    Silence of the HotUKDeals

Banned

sancho1983

This

Your link doesn't work what happen

fanpages

obvs missed this! dam!....waiting on trips to the moon on deal! often told my heads in the clouds X).

Apple or Android?

dereklogan7

Apple or Android?

probably whatever ones on deal 8)8).

Holly1985

No they have rules to enforce, if you don't like it then don't use the … No they have rules to enforce, if you don't like it then don't use the site.

Yes, we have a very difficult job to do on here without the constant heckling from some "members".

Ooops meant to sign out and back in again.

sometimes i think you lot are talking in code
    http://static1.cinemovies.fr/articles/7/26/02/7/@/364100-the-imitation-game-orig-1.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3581367
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1331
      3. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work22
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2073

See more discussions