Why can i not find my ebay listed item in search results

Posted 25th JunEdited by:"superspeedy"
Short story:
first time lister on Ebay, i posted a game with buy it now price. Its been 24 hours and under selling page it shows as active. I did not misspell anything. Why can i not find my listing when searching?

Is there a status thing where first time sellers cannot find themselves on the same search page as a frequent sellers and need to proove they are trust worthy. I don't know what else to do. I don't think anyone has viewed my listing either as i can see only myself accounting for the 4 views each time i go on it.
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
It does that - search with a different device and you should find it ok
Or.. try logging out and searching again if you're using the web version.

If you're on the app, use the web version without logging in.
Edited by: "britlad" 25th Jun
What the others have said

About the views it only logs 1 view per device in my experience.
I’ve had it take 30 hours for a listing to appear.
Call them in the morning and ask them to sort it.
Thanks for the advice guys. I will try that now...But yes based on last comment, i don't understand why even others have not looked at the listing. There are only 4 views on total. But if you says 1 view per device, then that makes sense.

EDIT: Tried logging off from my device. closed the browser, even opened a new browser and tried searching with no luck
Edited by: "superspeedy" 25th Jun
Have you asked someone else to search for it for you?

If it's showing as an active listing on your selling list then it should be there.

I remember when I was trying to sell my car. I was obsessed with it appearing and not appearing in the search results. I remember there being a good 3 day period where it just wouldn't show up at all and eBay weren't any help at all.

Try using just one of the key words from your listing to search for it.
notalwaysright1925/06/2020 23:25

Have you asked someone else to search for it for you?If it's showing as an …Have you asked someone else to search for it for you?If it's showing as an active listing on your selling list then it should be there.I remember when I was trying to sell my car. I was obsessed with it appearing and not appearing in the search results. I remember there being a good 3 day period where it just wouldn't show up at all and eBay weren't any help at all.Try using just one of the key words from your listing to search for it.

So my sister was over and i just tried searching from her phone using the same key words and could not find it. It maybe possibly as you suggest that it takes a few days to appear for some reason.
Its happened a few times to me. Go into the listing, revise listing & re-save with no changes
41209842-icc1F.jpg
In your selling page is the drop down menu is it set to 'All'?
Edited by: "I_Wish" 25th Jun
I_Wish25/06/2020 23:32

[Image] In your selling page is the drop down menu is it set to 'All'?

My selling page on the web browser looks different to your screenshot, but under selling page i have to go under activity to then see an option for all which i can click on (there is no drop down option), but all that does is act as a filter to show all active and my listing seems to show under active.
Edited by: "superspeedy" 26th Jun
What is the title of your listing?
Ok so i just woke up this morning to find my item has been sold lol...my first sale
I checked ths listing this morning and 9 people had viewed it, so possibly it just took a while
JumpMan198026/06/2020 10:02

What is the title of your listing?

Sold now but it was The last of us part 2
Make sure you send it with tracked mail and take photos of it packaged up etc

Well done on your first sale
JumpMan198026/06/2020 13:08

That’s good isn’t it. You did well

Thank you, im pleased....could be beginners luck.
sicklysweet26/06/2020 13:31

Make sure you send it with tracked mail and take photos of it packaged up …Make sure you send it with tracked mail and take photos of it packaged up etc Well done on your first sale

I did follow the posting advice given after the sale yes I also emailed the buyer to let them know its been sent even though marked it dispatched. Thank you...I can see it is addictive to declutter and just to sell.
superspeedy26/06/2020 18:54

Thank you, im pleased....could be beginners luck.I did follow the posting …Thank you, im pleased....could be beginners luck.I did follow the posting advice given after the sale yes I also emailed the buyer to let them know its been sent even though marked it dispatched. Thank you...I can see it is addictive to declutter and just to sell.

Well done on your first sale!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants