Groups

Why cant adults swear in front of kids..?

Personally, I think its because we have to set a good example in everything!

So, why is it so bad when an adult is caught swearing in front of a child. Some people make it a BIG issue, almost the same as abusing a child and then say "You are not fit to be a parent".

I can pretty much count off about a thousand things that would be more important than not swearing in front of kids who are probably swearing when you have your back to them.

In the grand list of human behaviors that concern me, torture and genocide are near the top. Swearing in front of children ranks nearly last, right above men wearing ladies' undies in their bedrooms.

I generally believe swearing is not a good thing.

39 Comments

http://newspirates.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/are-you-on-drugs.jpg

There are two or three 10 year old kids who regularly swear in my sons class, The only reason they do it is because their parents swear in front of them ,Nice,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Original Poster

But everyone swears eventually.. its part of life..

Kids should not swear back at adults is the thing to be taught.

i agree as we dont swear at all but one of my children does now as he is 15 he thinks its ok. i dont though . so i think it does'nt matter really if you do or dont swear in front of them if they want to they will eventually

Syzable;7206245

^^^^^ This :giggle:

If I ever slip a swear word out in front of mine ( usually in temper), I always tell em that they are NOT to repeat it and its "adult" talk..............they are teens now and I have only heard them swear occasionally when on their Xboxes, I always tell them off and they apologise.
    Constant swearing as part of a general conversation in front of young childrenis out of order, Im talking the F and C words here. I remember the first time I said "bloody" in front of my mum.......I was about 17 and it felt so wrong

I have no doubt they swear when out with friends, but I would like to think that it wasnt in earshot of an adult

laldude;7206326

But everyone swears eventually.. its part of life.. Kids should not swear … But everyone swears eventually.. its part of life.. Kids should not swear back at adults is the thing to be taught.

Kids do whatever their parents do ,You smoke they smoke ,You swear they swear, If you want smoking swearing little kids then fair enough,

bitseylango;7206372

If I ever slip a swear word out in front of mine ( usually in temper), I … If I ever slip a swear word out in front of mine ( usually in temper), I always tell em that they are NOT to repeat it and its "adult" talk..............they are teens now and I have only heard them swear occasionally when on their Xboxes, I always tell them off and they apologise. Constant swearing as part of a general conversation in front of young childrenis out of order, Im talking the F and C words here. I remember the first time I said "bloody" in front of my mum.......I was about 17 and it felt so wrong

You don't think its wrong when you swear at me :whistling:

Banned

bitseylango;7206372

If I ever slip a swear word out in front of mine ( usually in temper), I … If I ever slip a swear word out in front of mine ( usually in temper), I always tell em that they are NOT to repeat it and its "adult" talk..............they are teens now and I have only heard them swear occasionally when on their Xboxes, I always tell them off and they apologise. Constant swearing as part of a general conversation in front of young childrenis out of order, Im talking the F and C words here. I remember the first time I said "bloody" in front of my mum.......I was about 17 and it felt so wrong :)I have no doubt they swear when out with friends, but I would like to think that it wasnt in earshot of an adult

[IMG]webslingerz.com/dep…ile?name=file[/IMG]

wendy56;7206383

You don't think its wrong when you swear at me :whistling:

you're older than me.........and I learnt it all from you anyway!

FilthAndFurry;7206387

[IMG]https://www.webslingerz.com/depts/art/art_history/undergraduate/index/copy_of_ackland_ptg.jpg/serveFile?name=file[/IMG]

once again you feel the need to only pick up on my posts.........predictable :roll:

bitseylango;7206391

you're older than me.........and I learnt it all from you anyway!

Oooooohhh I never swear :oops: now shift your bloomin butt & lets go shopping :whistling:

wendy56;7206398

Oooooohhh I never swear :oops: now shift your bloomin butt & lets go … Oooooohhh I never swear :oops: now shift your bloomin butt & lets go shopping :whistling:

on my way........thread has turned sour anyway :roll:

Banned

tonyg1962;7206374

Kids do whatever their parents do ,You smoke they smoke ,You swear they … Kids do whatever their parents do ,You smoke they smoke ,You swear they swear, If you want smoking swearing little kids then fair enough,

Or they don't - you left that bit out.

Anyways, words only have any meaning or 'power' because we as society give them it.

If we ringfence words and say they're 'restricted' or 'naughty' then they remain taboo. If you actually object to swearing then you should encourage their use until they become as weak as some of the opinions expressed on here.

Personally, I don't think you can beat a nice f-bomb sprinkled amongst one's verbiage.

Banned

bitseylango;7206395

once again you feel the need to only pick up on my … once again you feel the need to only pick up on my posts.........predictable :roll:

bitseylango;7206406

on my way........thread has turned sour anyway :roll:

Do you often feel the need to play the role of victim? Must get boring:?

Banned

FilthAndFurry;7206421

Do you often feel the need to play the role of victim? Must get boring:?

Why do you feel the need to play forum Troll? Get out..... meet a few people. It doesnt do you any good to stay at home 24/7 in front of a computer.

wbrb..... Out watching my littlun play football.

"""""""""""Some people make it a BIG issue, almost the same as abusing a child and then say "You are not fit to be a parent""""

OP you are making a big issue out of this - where on earth have u read or heard that swearing in front of your child is almost the same as abusing them and "you are not fit to be a parent" what a load of tosh.

I dont swear in front of my son but have let the odd one slip - I have an Irish friend who swears all the time but av never heard their kids swear..

FilthAndFurry;7206418

Or they don't - you left that bit out.Anyways, words only have any … Or they don't - you left that bit out.Anyways, words only have any meaning or 'power' because we as society give them it.If we ringfence words and say they're 'restricted' or 'naughty' then they remain taboo. If you actually object to swearing then you should encourage their use until they become as weak as some of the opinions expressed on here.Personally, I don't think you can beat a nice f-bomb sprinkled amongst one's verbiage.

You dont have kids do you ?.

guv;7206452

Why do you feel the need to play forum Troll? Get out..... meet a few … Why do you feel the need to play forum Troll? Get out..... meet a few people. It doesnt do you any good to stay at home 24/7 in front of a computer.wbrb..... Out watching my littlun play football.

+1 :santa:

i swear im very bad i know, when i lose my rag. However, my kids no that they aernt allowed to and they know im bad for doing it.
    Its got nothing to do with if their parents do it. I learnt to swear at school, my parents never swore.
    Its every where. But you teach your kids whats acceptable.

Banned

guv;7206452

Why do you feel the need to play forum Troll? Get out..... meet a few … Why do you feel the need to play forum Troll? Get out..... meet a few people. It doesnt do you any good to stay at home 24/7 in front of a computer.wbrb..... Out watching my littlun play football.

It's a good thing that I went to the theatre last night and I'm going to a gig tonight.

Stop huffing the new car smell:thumbsup: You can't handle it, clearly.

cherishu2;7206643

i swear im very bad i know, when i lose my rag. However, my kids no that … i swear im very bad i know, when i lose my rag. However, my kids no that they aernt allowed to and they know im bad for doing it. Its got nothing to do with if their parents do it. I learnt to swear at school, my parents never swore.Its every where. But you teach your kids whats acceptable.

Agree absolutely. I swore in front of my kids when they were younger ( occasionally!) but they never swore in front of me, or anyone else for that matter. They do now, but at 31, 28 and 24 I figure it's ok!

Banned

FilthAndFurry;7206720

It's a good thing that I went to the theatre last night and I'm going to … It's a good thing that I went to the theatre last night and I'm going to a gig tonight.

Ah, the Christmas pantomime and your school band practice. Nice. :thumbsup:

Stop huffing the new car smell:thumbsup: You can't handle it, clearly.

Someone sounds a bit envious. Maybe one day...... when you're all growed up. :roll:

Banned

I swear alot, got a bit of a short spark, neither of my children swear, well certainly not infront of me

this thread is !#:[email protected]##$!!

FilthAndFurry;7206720

It's a good thing that I went to the theatre last night and I'm going to … It's a good thing that I went to the theatre last night and I'm going to a gig tonight.Stop huffing the new car smell:thumbsup: You can't handle it, clearly.

Any progress on the sugar daddy so you can afford to buy a car?

Banned

guv;7208394

Ah, the Christmas pantomime and your school band practice. Nice. … Ah, the Christmas pantomime and your school band practice. Nice. :thumbsup: Someone sounds a bit envious. Maybe one day...... when you're all growed up. :roll:

I don't quite feel the need to mention which shows I have and will be attending, because then I'd be the type of person who has to mention that he's bought his first ever new cars at the ripe old age of whatever.

Suffice to say, I am amongst the 99.9% of people who could find little about you to be jealous of:thumbsup:

Banned

boothy;7208441

Any progress on the sugar daddy so you can afford to buy a car?

Two jobs micra.:p

FilthAndFurry;7208453

I don't quite feel the need to mention which shows I have and will be … I don't quite feel the need to mention which shows I have and will be attending, because then I'd be the type of person who has to mention that he's bought his first ever new cars at the ripe old age of whatever.Suffice to say, I am amongst the 99.9% of people who could find little about you to be jealous of:thumbsup:

By constantly harping on about guv's new car week after week it just proves that you are jealous of it.

OK,going out for a few hours...sure you will still be trolling when I return.....why not have look out of the window?....you may see a real person

FilthAndFurry;7208453

I don't quite feel the need to mention which shows I have and will be … I don't quite feel the need to mention which shows I have and will be attending, because then I'd be the type of person who has to mention that he's bought his first ever new cars at the ripe old age of whatever.Suffice to say, I am amongst the 99.9% of people who could find little about you to be jealous of:thumbsup:

FilthAndFurry;7208463

Two jobs micra.:p

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9158/tomcruise.jpg

I generally believe swearing is not a good thing.

'greed

tonyg1962;7206310

There are two or three 10 year old kids who regularly swear in my sons … There are two or three 10 year old kids who regularly swear in my sons class, The only reason they do it is because their parents swear in front of them ,Nice,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

you asked them?

Banned

FilthAndFurry;7208453

LOL.... Of course dear. Of course. Your not the type of guy that likes to tell everyone that you're gay, wear lipstick and other make up, amongst numerous other "quirky" things. I laughed out very very loud.

PS.... I bought 2 new cars in one week. (Just in case you forgot.):thumbsup:

PPS.... luckily, with you going to your Xmas gig tonight, the forum will be happier place. Lets hope you don't forget. :thumbsup:

guv;7208534

LOL.... Of course dear. Of course. Your not the type of guy that likes to … LOL.... Of course dear. Of course. Your not the type of guy that likes to tell everyone that you're gay, wear lipstick and other make up, amongst numerous other "quirky" things. I laughed out very very loud.PS.... I bought 2 new cars in one week. (Just in case you forgot.):thumbsup:PPS.... luckily, with you going to your Xmas gig tonight, the forum will be happier place. Lets hope you don't forget. :thumbsup:

ballin'

guv u sure ur not BG? throwing that kinda wonga around people think your CEOin

Banned

guv;7208534

LOL.... Of course dear. Of course. Your not the type of guy that likes to … LOL.... Of course dear. Of course. Your not the type of guy that likes to tell everyone that you're gay, wear lipstick and other make up, amongst numerous other "quirky" things. I laughed out very very loud.PS.... I bought 2 new cars in one week. (Just in case you forgot.):thumbsup:PPS.... luckily, with you going to your Xmas gig tonight, the forum will be happier place. Lets hope you don't forget. :thumbsup:

And you're the person who brings up my sexuality more than any other member - going by your chum's logic that in some way makes you 'jealous' or at least overly interested.

Congratulations on the two new cars btw. You'll have to add some photos:thumbsup:

numptyj;7208557

ballin' guv u sure ur not BG? throwing that kinda wonga around people … ballin' guv u sure ur not BG? throwing that kinda wonga around people think your CEOin

i drive BMWs he drives KIAs

Banned

boothy;7208488

By constantly harping on about guv's new car week after week it just … By constantly harping on about guv's new car week after week it just proves that you are jealous of it.

Agreed. No other reason to keep mentioning it in EVERY reply. Sad really. He's probably the type that keys peoples cars out of sheer jealousy and spite 'cos he hasn't got one.

OK,going out for a few hours...sure you will still be trolling when I … OK,going out for a few hours...sure you will still be trolling when I return.....why not have look out of the window?....you may see a real person

I laughed out very very loud.

That's more than enough time wasted on the troll. Got to finish some work in the extension so the real wood flooring can get laid on Thursday, in time for Xmas.

I am sure most of use swear now and then particularly when annoyed but in all honesty would you want children swearing. If i knew a child constantly swore he would not be invited to our house as he would influence my own children and i think this is what most adults would think. That means that the swearers will only ever have a small number of probably quite rough friends and never really get the chances in life they could have.
    I have sworn occasionally in front of the kids and always regretted it.
    The truth is the kids that swear are the same ones that hang around street corners, pinch and damage things and have no respect for anything.
    I know kids will all swear at some stage, my 13 year old swore a few weeks ago and as soon as i said excuse me...he looked in horror and apologised. Yes i know he must use those words at the park and school etc but at least he realises that it is not acceptable in front of adults and at home or other peoples homes.

Banned

numptyj;7208557

ballin' guv u sure ur not BG? throwing that kinda wonga around people … ballin' guv u sure ur not BG? throwing that kinda wonga around people think your CEOin

I'm quite sure I'm not a rodent. These new cars are very real, as is the extension being built. You've either got it or you haven't. Unfortunately the mere mention brings out the worst in the have nots.

FilthAndFurry;7208558

And you're the person who brings up my sexuality more than any other … And you're the person who brings up my sexuality more than any other member - going by your chum's logic that in some way makes you 'jealous' or at least overly interested.Congratulations on the two new cars btw. You'll have to add some photos:thumbsup:

If you dont want to discuss your sexuality, why keep engineering threads to have it discussed?

PS.... No need to add pics. I really don't care if you believe its true of false.

rodent;7208583

i drive BMWs he drives KIAs

You don't even drive, let alone own a BMW. (And I don't drive a Kia - for about the 20th time.)

I'm sure when I was 16, my memory was much better than yours!

Anyway..... have fun....... Got things to do and people to see.

t0mm;7208520

you asked them?

I know them,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam67
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764134
      3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2747
      4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2452

See more discussions