Groups

why cant people phone to cancel a night out rather than a text it makes my blood boil

:x my pet hate is when you have arranged a night out by phone and then at the last gasp you get a text saying they are cancelling cause something has come up why dont people have any decency and manners any more ???????//

27 Comments

Banned

Get your own back, arrange to meet somewhere and then text them at the time you are due to meet and cancel.:thumbsup:

Because they dont have to get shouted at! :giggle:!

Nothing to do with decency and manners imho, people just have their preferences...you prefer phone calls, others prefer texting *shrug*

Sorry you got let down though, that does suck however it happens.

It is used as a cop out! if you phone, you have to blag your way through it whereas a text is short and sweet, not that i condone it!
    I would hate to be let down at the last moment...betcha been looking forward to it all day:(

This just reminds me that a friend of mine got dump through a text message! Totally unacceptable, if you ask me!!!

Banned

Its so you cant hear them all partying without you, they just dont want you there. Take a hint and get some new friends. Most of your 'friends' will stab you in the back at some point or another, just dont trust em

UltimoScorpion

Its so you cant hear them all partying without you, they just dont want … Its so you cant hear them all partying without you, they just dont want you there. Take a hint and get some new friends. Most of your 'friends' will stab you in the back at some point or another, just dont trust em

awww Ult! has this happened to you:cry:

Banned

UltimoScorpion

Its so you cant hear them all partying without you, they just dont want … Its so you cant hear them all partying without you, they just dont want you there. Take a hint and get some new friends. Most of your 'friends' will stab you in the back at some point or another, just dont trust em

harsh:w00t:

Banned

bitseylango

awww Ult! has this happened to you:cry:

On a constant basis since I was about 11.

UltimoScorpion

i know what you mean i was shat on my 'friends in the past':-(

Banned

Prissymiss

harsh:w00t:

Just saying it as I see it

UltimoScorpion

Or just do what I do... DTA.

Don't Trust Anyone

Banned

ilovepink

i know what you mean i was shat on my 'friends in the past':-(

My wife, my 2 boys and a small handful of great people are the only friends I need.

Banned

Becksdawe

Or just do what I do... DTA.Don't Trust Anyone

Thats an old saying that one of my so called 'friends' used to come out with. He was a regional director in a company that I got sacked from. He was best 'friends' with the guy that instigated the made up charges they got me on.

chh33

This just reminds me that a friend of mine got dump through a text … This just reminds me that a friend of mine got dump through a text message! Totally unacceptable, if you ask me!!!

see i think i'd rather be dumped by text, maybe that makes me wierd :whistling:

UltimoScorpion

Thats an old saying that one of my so called 'friends' used to come out … Thats an old saying that one of my so called 'friends' used to come out with. He was a regional director in a company that I got sacked from. He was best 'friends' with the guy that instigated the made up charges they got me on.

:friends: It's one my fella has told me after I got fed up of being stabbed in the back

i only have 1 best friend who i do everything with and tell everything too, i have loadsa mates but i dont trust as easily as i used too

Banned

Becksdawe

:friends: It's one my fella has told me after I got fed up of being … :friends: It's one my fella has told me after I got fed up of being stabbed in the back

Does he work for a steel company

Banned

its so nice to know I'm not the only person who is affected by the back stabbing untrustworthy gits out there. Bit worrying though that through the 'six degrees of separation' that would mean there are a massive majority of people out there that are back stabbing b'stards.

UltimoScorpion

Does he work for a steel company

Nope - and never has done.

mstiny

:x my pet hate is when you have arranged a night out by phone and then at … :x my pet hate is when you have arranged a night out by phone and then at the last gasp you get a text saying they are cancelling cause something has come up why dont people have any decency and manners any more ???????//

Now, please don't take this the wrong way but if you're anything like you come accross on here in person them i'm not surprised they prefer to txt you. You do seem to like a good moan/outright whinge:?

Comes to something when your STAFF end up texting you to say they wont be in work as they are ill etc etc... total cop out as well as just not right.
    What makes people think its ok to do this... whether its cancel a night out via text or throw a sickie... go back to good old fashion TALKING!!

Text messages cost less, or in my case nothing :lol:

Admin

I've still got the same group of friends I had at school, we're all really close- we do chat predominantly by text but if it's something important we ring eachother. Your friends shouldn't have done that Mstiny :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Shengis

Now, please don't take this the wrong way but if you're anything like you … Now, please don't take this the wrong way but if you're anything like you come accross on here in person them i'm not surprised they prefer to txt you. You do seem to like a good moan/outright whinge:?

well maybe u dont like to moan but other viewers must considering the thread got 322 views !!!!! so stop bumping ur gums !!!!!:whistling:

Banned

Hey, everyone likes to moan. Slagging of so called friends is a national pastime.

Anyone who doesn't is probably telling porkies:)

mstiny

well maybe u dont like to moan but other viewers must considering the … well maybe u dont like to moan but other viewers must considering the thread got 322 views !!!!! so stop bumping ur gums !!!!!:whistling:

Did I say I don't like a good moan? But what I like, others may not. All I was saying is you come across as the angry type, so maybe they were too afeared to ring:giggle: ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions