Expired

Why can't we have a signature after our comment?

28 replies
Found 29th Aug 2010
Like some other forums?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
28 Comments

Banned

type one each time you post like that fanpages dude

CHEERS,
BFN

FP

Banned

You could always sign off yourself manually. I know that would take some freakish kind of OCD behaviour and annoy everyone but it's been known to be done...

Used to have signatures but they were removed because it was too much work for the mods to check them because it was possible to have unappropriate stuff in it (e.g. links they dont want you posting, swear words etc)

People on the site were not happy about the removal but no amount of moaning has brought them back

Sigs can also slow the site down, if you have links to offsite graphics etc it has to cache the image for display. Better without if you want a fast site.

Banned

Bingo83

Sigs can also slow the site down, if you have links to offsite graphics … Sigs can also slow the site down, if you have links to offsite graphics etc it has to cache the image for display. Better without if you want a fast site.

Yet I've never thought this site was any faster than forums using sigs.

there would be lot of sigs with nekkid wimmins and it would clog up the misk

numptyj

there would be lot of sigs with nekkid wimmins and it would clog up the … there would be lot of sigs with nekkid wimmins and it would clog up the misk

That would be worth it

numptyj

there would be lot of sigs with nekkid wimmins and it would clog up the … there would be lot of sigs with nekkid wimmins and it would clog up the misk

Shouldn't you be eating a hot dog at fenway park or something?

This would be mine if they were allowed.

[img]saxperience.com/for…php?u=19600&type=sigpic&dateline=1199862970[/img]

danmc

This would be mine if they were … This would be mine if they were allowed.[img]http://www.saxperience.com/forum/image.php?u=19600&type=sigpic&dateline=1199862970[/img]

OP, here is the reason........

danmc

This would be mine if they were … This would be mine if they were allowed.[img]http://www.saxperience.com/forum/image.php?u=19600&type=sigpic&dateline=1199862970[/img]

A great reason not to have signatures!

^ +1

Banned

When people quote and can't be arsed to edit the gif out they get reposted and reposted again and again. See how annoying it is above?
Edited by: "lumoruk" 29th Aug 2010

Banned

lumoruk

When people quote and can't be arsed to edit the gif out they get … When people quote and can't be arsed to edit the gif out they get reposted and reposted again and again. See how annoying it is above?

signatures could be made to only appear in OP

Banned

ryman1000

signatures could be made to only appear in OP

not with these developers

signatures...o lawd.... dont do it, spending so much time creating and perfecting siggies for ur internet life spells L-O-S-E-R!

BFN

MB

With a username like the op's and a sig like danmc's im really glad there are no sigs here!

matt3454

With a username like the op's and a sig like danmc's im really glad there … With a username like the op's and a sig like danmc's im really glad there are no sigs here!

Exactly!

kelly_o_fanatic

Used to have signatures but they were removed because it was too much … Used to have signatures but they were removed because it was too much work for the mods to check them because it was possible to have unappropriate stuff in it (e.g. links they dont want you posting, swear words etc) People on the site were not happy about the removal but no amount of moaning has brought them back

when was that? I don't remember them ever being on this site

I can't stand signatures on forums, they make the pages look too busy and take up too much space

master_chief

You could always sign off yourself manually. I know that would take some … You could always sign off yourself manually. I know that would take some freakish kind of OCD behaviour and annoy everyone but it's been known to be done...

To somebody who suffers from an anxiety disorder it isn't 'freakish'... it is normal.

BFN,

fp.

when was that? I don't remember them ever being on this siteI can't … when was that? I don't remember them ever being on this siteI can't stand signatures on forums, they make the pages look too busy and take up too much space

Hmmmmm, I have only been on the site 4 months longer than you, and they were definitely around for longer than that, was a long time ago though

They just need to get rid of avatars next and complete the job

Banned

danmc

is the grass thing meant to be a train with only two sets of wheels?

dcx_badass

And I've been here longer than you, they've never had signatures.

Looks like they did here

Banned

tregs

Looks like they did here

OWNED

Banned

dcx_badass

Well obviously I don't know before I came, but since I've been here they … Well obviously I don't know before I came, but since I've been here they haven't, which is longer than Kelly.

they got rid of them about 5 months after you joined

hotukdeals.com/fee…662

dcx_badass

Well obviously I don't know before I came, but since I've been here they … Well obviously I don't know before I came, but since I've been here they haven't, which is longer than Kelly.

Well you have been on here longer than me, but I used to have a signature on this site. Have also posted in that thread about the removal of signatures, so that shows that I used mine!

Banned

yes there used to be sigs on each of the usernames posts.. never saw the point really .. god have I been here over 4 yrs.. I need to get out more
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best watches under £500?33
    2. I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/la…66
    3. Looking for Cineworld 2d voucher22
    4. dakine backpacks44

See more discussions