Why did I get two different PayPal fees for the same price items?

So I sold two Vita memory cards on eBay at the exact same price but for one I got a PayPal fee of 89p and the other had a fee of 99p. Any reason I'm getting charged more for one?

6 Comments

Paypal trying it on. Hoping you and the millions of other customers don't notice.

What was the total selling price including postage,was it £20.00 ?

Original Poster

deb8z

What was the total selling price including postage,was it £20.00 ?

£19.99 for both. Postage was free. It was the same listing with quantity set at 2. Was just a few hours between each selling.
Edited by: "chris88" 30th Aug 2016

Original Poster

boss911999

Paypal trying it on. Hoping you and the millions of other customers don't … Paypal trying it on. Hoping you and the millions of other customers don't notice.

Who knows. Not many people ever check to see if they've been charged the correct amount. Same for eBay.

Original Poster

deb8z

Was one sold to an overseas buyer,that could explain it?

Just double checked & I think you're right. One was sent overseas. Never noticed but I sent it to through the global shipping programme. I think I'll avoid using it again if I'm getting a higher fee to use it. Thanks.

I've just checked as usually for a UK buyer I know the Paypal fees are 3.4%+20p but for Europe it's 3.9%+20p and the USA for example is 4.4%+20p
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help choosing an Android box please.22
    2. Boiler Question11
    3. Can you change the battery on the newer style Oral B 4000 toothbrush?812
    4. samsung s7 edge lcd -rose gold (pink)35

See more discussions