Why did my hot wheels deal just disappear? MODS advise?

Found 17th Feb 2009
It lasted a total of around 2 minutes which has got to be a record. Does anyone know why it's disappeared?

25 Comments

Original Poster

Hello, anyone?

Why not repost?

Original Poster

crd67;4402765

Why not repost?

Because if it was taken off that quick then I presume there was a reason so not worth reposting. However, it would be nice to be told the reason and not just have it removed so I at least know for the future, it really bugs me when this happens or when people vote cold and don't give a reason, are we supposed to be psychic?

Thanks for commenting though, at least someone has!!

Banned

possibly a duplicate and therefore member spammed?

Banned

Depends on what the deal was, if it was for the bedroom stuff then its a repost hotukdeals.com/ite…f-/

ODB_69;4402786

possibly a duplicate and therefore member spammed?

I had that with an Asda instore deal I posted last week or so.

I found the X-men trilogy 6 disc set for £10 instore at Asda. Looked high and low on this site and never found it. Posted it and it had gone inside 10 mins. No-one even showed me a link confirming it as a duplicate.

A mod just reply/pm'ed me to say it was member spammed. Still haven't ever found it anywhere on here.

Banned

robtallica;4402815

I had that with an Asda instore deal I posted last week or so.I found the … I had that with an Asda instore deal I posted last week or so.I found the X-men trilogy 6 disc set for £10 instore at Asda. Looked high and low on this site and never found it. Posted it and it had gone inside 10 mins. No-one even showed me a link confirming it as a duplicate. A mod just reply/pm'ed me to say it was member spammed. Still haven't ever found it anywhere on here.

If memory serves AndyWedge posted that...think I commented on it at the time. Problem is the damn search on this site is soooooo poor its shocking. Have you got the google search tool Gary made? not used it myself but its supposed to be good

prob is sometime, you can write in a thread 'DUPLICATE' etc but then its spammed seconds later, so the OP dont have time to read it. would be good if the OP could always access the thread or something so they could tell

EDIT - hotukdeals.com/ite…ec/ this one?

robtallica;4402815

I had that with an Asda instore deal I posted last week or so.I found the … I had that with an Asda instore deal I posted last week or so.I found the X-men trilogy 6 disc set for £10 instore at Asda. Looked high and low on this site and never found it. Posted it and it had gone inside 10 mins. No-one even showed me a link confirming it as a duplicate. A mod just reply/pm'ed me to say it was member spammed. Still haven't ever found it anywhere on here.

Ages agoI had a moan about this and said that a reason should be sent to the OP - I was just shouted down - luckily the fool that always took it upon themselves to spam other people's posts hasn't been seen for sometime!

ODB_69;4402836

If memory serves AndyWedge posted that...think I commented on it at the … If memory serves AndyWedge posted that...think I commented on it at the time. Problem is the damn search on this site is soooooo poor its shocking. Have you got the google search tool Gary made? not used it myself but its supposed to be goodprob is sometime, you can write in a thread 'DUPLICATE' etc but then its spammed seconds later, so the OP dont have time to read it. would be good if the OP could always access the thread or something so they could tellEDIT - http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/336642/x-men-1-3-box-set-6-disc-dvd-collec/ this one?

I posted my post of that 2 full sundays ago!

I was a bit peeved at the time:x

Banned

crd67;4402842

Ages agoI had a moan about this and said that a reason should be sent to … Ages agoI had a moan about this and said that a reason should be sent to the OP - I was just shouted down - luckily the fool that always took it upon themselves to spam other people's posts hasn't been seen for sometime!

thing is if its member spammed mods wont know until they are asked to check, would have to be an automatic message system in the event it happens...would be good that

I always Spam dupes but I always write in the thread unless someone else already has. Dupes are supposed to be spammed BUT if no one says anything or its spammed to quick we get these sort of threads. Bit of a Catch 22 situation

Banned

robtallica;4402860

I posted my post of that 2 full sundays ago!I was a bit peeved at the … I posted my post of that 2 full sundays ago!I was a bit peeved at the time:x

Dont blame ya...I dont really notice deals on weekends unless they go into hotlist cause I'm not on much more than an hour, defo a hot deal that....you would of got 9 from me

Original Poster

barneydog;4402844

Was it similar to one of … Was it similar to one of these?]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/339926/50-off-selected-toys-stationary-leg/]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/336703/hot-wheels-boys-bedroom-decor-half-/

No, neither of these, it was for a 25p hot wheels car which then had £2.49 p&p on top but this didn't change no matter how many you ordered, so you could order 20 at 25p and still pay £2.49 so great for party bags - or so I thought anyway!!

Repost,Might be useful to someone

Banned

Annie1508;4402876

No, neither of these, it was for a 25p hot wheels car which then had … No, neither of these, it was for a 25p hot wheels car which then had £2.49 p&p on top but this didn't change no matter how many you ordered, so you could order 20 at 25p and still pay £2.49 so great for party bags - or so I thought anyway!!

weird....did a search, as far as I can tell its not a duplicate :? so should stand

ODB_69;4402836

Have you got the google search tool Gary made? not used it myself but its … Have you got the google search tool Gary made? not used it myself but its supposed to be good

I don't have the tool, I find the text only searches on here are ok for me usually.

It's either that or I google "X-men trilogy hukd" and usually find what I'm after. I've had a problem recently that I can't find my own threads. When I posted that X-Files DVD post it never once showed up anywhere for me besides my recent activity. Wouldn't even show up in my thread history!

Few bugs in the system I think.

Banned

robtallica;4402912

I don't have the tool, I find the text only searches on here are ok for … I don't have the tool, I find the text only searches on here are ok for me usually.It's either that or I google "X-men trilogy hukd" and usually find what I'm after. I've had a problem recently that I can't find my own threads. When I posted that X-Files DVD post it never once showed up anywhere for me besides my recent activity. Wouldn't even show up in my thread history!Few bugs in the system I think.

hit feedback maybe?

I have noticed a few bugs lately...I wonder if its a continual problem or just a temp glitch

ODB_69;4402926

hit feedback maybe?I have noticed a few bugs lately...I wonder if its a … hit feedback maybe?I have noticed a few bugs lately...I wonder if its a continual problem or just a temp glitch

It maybe because I posted a link to the image file in the listing.

I remember a while back a FSFT thread I made went mad on me and kinda closed itself down(wasn't expired or spammed, just wouldn't open up when you clicked it).

Mod pm'ed me to say list it without putting a pic in the listing - just to add them as posts on the thread.

wasn't it amazon market place you had in the op? if it was it would have been spammed

Original Poster

dmissy13;4402996

wasn't it amazon market place you had in the op? if it was it would have … wasn't it amazon market place you had in the op? if it was it would have been spammed

It was marketplace but I've seen plenty of these on HUKD before now so didn't see why it would be a problem. Are you not allowed to post marketplace items and if not, why not? It's still a shop as such so shouldn't be any different to other deals in my opinion.

Sloth/Mod

Annie1508;4403442

It was marketplace but I've seen plenty of these on HUKD before now so … It was marketplace but I've seen plenty of these on HUKD before now so didn't see why it would be a problem. Are you not allowed to post marketplace items and if not, why not? It's still a shop as such so shouldn't be any different to other deals in my opinion.

Marketplace deals are not allowed as they are not a retailer and are mainly individual sellers. Also it creates big problems with people listing stuff for self promo reasons.

Banned

Annie1508;4403442

It was marketplace but I've seen plenty of these on HUKD before now so … It was marketplace but I've seen plenty of these on HUKD before now so didn't see why it would be a problem. Are you not allowed to post marketplace items and if not, why not? It's still a shop as such so shouldn't be any different to other deals in my opinion.

NOPE,..Marketplace not allowed, same as Playtrade. You wouldnt have seen any Marketplace deals here unless they were spammed too. point being is it might be a member here, therefore its self promo. Plus would only have 1 or 2 items not available to others

Original Poster

Well that's a real shame, I ordered a load of these for my daughter's birthday party so it would appear they have a lot, and they boys thought they were fab, shame the deal can't be shared with others just because of where they are listed.

when i looked there was only 1 left instock anyway

Still trying to find out if amazon dvd, game, ink cart deals should be allowed anymore as they go through indigostarfish now via amazon and are classed as amazon preferred sellers not amazon direct.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The Dark Knight Trilogy remastered in 4K UHD. Released December 18.45
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771978
    3. A christmas wish87
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19548066

See more discussions