Groups

Why do adverts and companies, lie?

like the Iceland advert that claims it has resturant quality meals that can be made in a microwave.

Or adverts saying things like a carpet shampoo will change your life etc.

Discuss.

7 Comments

It's called selective truths.

ryouga

like the Iceland advert that claims it has resturant quality meals that … like the Iceland advert that claims it has resturant quality meals that can be made in a microwave.

You eaten in a macdonalds recently ? They're are officially restaurant's too YUK!

Or adverts saying things like a carpet shampoo will change your life etc.

Depends if the you murdered someone on your living room carpet, hid the body and now the FBI were knocking at the door. :evil:

:x i detest those ads for anti-wrinkle products modelled by obvious "20 somethings! "

to get your money

Banned

ryouga

like the Iceland advert that claims it has resturant quality meals that … like the Iceland advert that claims it has resturant quality meals that can be made in a microwave.Or adverts saying things like a carpet shampoo will change your life etc.Discuss.

because they wouldnt sell well if they told you the truth

ryouga

like the Iceland advert that claims it has resturant quality meals that … like the Iceland advert that claims it has resturant quality meals that can be made in a microwave.Or adverts saying things like a carpet shampoo will change your life etc.Discuss.

Technically Iceland don't lie with that comment - they just don't tell you the name of the resturant and where it is :giggle:

[SIZE="1"]I am winding you up of course[/SIZE]

harvie316

to get your money

its a simple as that!!

I call it 'poetic licence', lots may call it 'lies'. Both terms are probably correct.
    Like those Cillit Bang ads that show aworn penny taking two seconds to be brilliantly transformed into a shiny new coin :whistling:
    Or the Citroen C4 that only costs from £6.995
    [SIZE="1"]Model shown costs £21,945[/SIZE]

:whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4131826
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764644
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927287
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846338

See more discussions