Why do I hate Kay burley?

Found 19th Jan 2013
Well, I am a keen fan of spreading the love of humanity, give regularly to charity, always keen to help others and will quite gladly go out my way for my fellow human beings BUT for some reason I can't stand Kay Burley. Don't get me wrong, she as done nothing to me personally and I am sure she is a really nice person (or not - see criticism section below), but I just get that feeling when I hear her voice that just makes the adrenalin of anger pump a way!

Granted, she considers herself to be this dynamic journalist at the forefront of British journalism but she just isn't. She is merely Murdoch's mouth piece and about as insincere as a packet of baby food with broken glass in it.

Wiki has a list of criticisms of the woman which I could not help but list below.

"Criticism

On 3 February 2010, Burley interviewed Peter Andre less than 24 hours after his ex-wife Katie Price married Alex Reid in Las Vegas. Andre had been booked in advance to promote his new album, when Burley questioned him about Price, Reid and his children. He was also asked to comment on an interview Dwight Yorke, the father of Price's first child Harvey, had given to Sky News in October 2009. When the questions advanced to asking whether Andre feared losing custody of his children to Reid, he became visibly upset, declaring "I was not prepared for this", and asking to end the interview.[13][14] Burley's treatment of Andre garnered almost 900 complaints to Ofcom,[15] although she was cleared of any breaching broadcasting guidelines.[16]

In February 2010, Burley was forced to apologise on-air for offending Catholics when she joked that US Vice President Joe Biden, who had ashes on his forehead to mark Ash Wednesday, had a "large bruise" that he had picked up from "walking into a door" or from slipping on ice during his recent trip to Canada for the 2010 Winter Olympics.[17]

On 8 May 2010, Burley was heckled during an interview outside the Houses of Parliament by a protester who chanted "Sack Kay Burley. Watch the BBC. Sky News is ****] Burley, who was talking to Ben Page from Ipsos MORI, commented that "they don't like The Sun, they don't like us, they don't like Rupert" before the interview was abruptly terminated, with the broadcast cutting to a silent, animated Sky News logo for over a minute.[19][20] Burley was also criticised for an interview[21] with David Babbs, Executive Director of 38 Degrees in which she repeatedly interrupted him as he talked about the possible consequences of a coalition between the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats, saying, "your views are not going to sway the people that are talking behind closed doors. [...] The public have voted for a hung parliament. We have got exactly what we voted for... so you marching down past Westminster today will make no difference whatsoever. [...] Why don't you just go home? Why don't you go home and watch it on Sky News?"[22] The Guardian commented "Paxman, it ain't."[19] The media regulator Ofcom received over 700 complaints about the incident from viewers, but found no breach of its code.[23]

On 9 September 2010, Burley interrupted Labour MP Chris Bryant during an interview regarding developments in the News of the World phone hacking affair with the words, "No, no, no, you can't say that, sir... No, no, no, no, I have to interrupt you, do you have evidence for that?... Pretty strong claim if you don't!" When Bryant responded that the evidence for his statement was clearly included in the parliamentary debate that Burley was actually covering in that section of the programme, she replied, "So you are in a position to have listened to the debate and read the report and as a result you are content to say that on telly.?" Bryant responded, "I have just said that. You seem to be a bit dim, if you don't mind me saying so."[24]

On 5 October 2012, Burley was accused of insensitivity after she broke the news of the probable death of missing five-year-old April Jones live on air to volunteers who had been assisting in the search for her. The interviewees were unaware that the case had become a murder inquiry."

I do my level best not to let her voice and face grind on me, I know that deep down inside her love of humanity must exist, Charlie Chaplin said "only the unloved and unnatural hate" and I think that she has not always helped herself!

Her voice reaches millions everyday and as such she could breathe the love of humanity but no!

I am sorry Kay, I just don't like you!

*Disclaimer - In fairness she could be a kind, loving woman and I am sure she is.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m59z7yYY1G1ry3ebmo1_250.gif
23 Comments
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m59z7yYY1G1ry3ebmo1_250.gif
didn't read op, flicked over it seen "Alex Reid" and got my answer.
I'd give her one.

With the lights off.
http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz334/msigler/Turtle/didntreadlol_58430b51d57d1814e7adaf35f7d87e64.gif
She has no Anus.
http://studentmedia.uab.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tldr-300x250.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8718/emma004nm5.jpg
LOL was therapeutic for me to get it all down, will be able to sleep tonight now!
http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/7192012040202winniethepoohbeingthepolitesirthatheis.gif
v5535

I'd smash her back doors in heartedly!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I can't stand her. My stomach goes into knots every time I see her.
deeky

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I can't stand her. My stomach goes into … I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I can't stand her. My stomach goes into knots every time I see her.

Stop moaning X)

Better say sorry before you make me
Edited by: "maccy1" 19th Jan 2013
maccy1

Stop moaning X)

but...she's horrible...
Graham1979

On 9 September 2010, Burley interrupted Labour MP Chris Bryant during an … On 9 September 2010, Burley interrupted Labour MP Chris Bryant during an interview regarding developments in the News of the World phone hacking affair with the words, "No, no, no, you can't say that, sir... No, no, no, no, I have to interrupt you, do you have evidence for that?... Pretty strong claim if you don't!" When Bryant responded that the evidence for his statement was clearly included in the parliamentary debate that Burley was actually covering in that section of the programme, she replied, "So you are in a position to have listened to the debate and read the report and as a result you are content to say that on telly.?" Bryant responded, "I have just said that. You seem to be a bit dim, if you don't mind me saying so."

I saw that. I went from rage to ecstasy in about 5 seconds.
HA some classic posts, Lucky most was copied and pasted. Thanks Deek, when I get the "We hate the Burley Bitch" t-shirts made I will send you one!

PS the photo of Kay Burley above must be about 20 years old!
There's just something about women who's name ends in 'y' that just grates me
deeky

There's just something about women who's name ends in 'y' that just … There's just something about women who's name ends in 'y' that just grates me

Mine doesn't as it happens it ends in 1 - also I could just be paranoid here, you may not have mean me after all (_;) X)
Graham1979

HA some classic posts, Lucky most was copied and pasted. Thanks Deek, … HA some classic posts, Lucky most was copied and pasted. Thanks Deek, when I get the "We hate the Burley Bitch" t-shirts made I will send you one!PS the photo of Kay Burley above must be about 20 years old!

My missus goes mad. When she comes on I'm screaming "look at her! Look at her! Look at that nose! She looks like she's just finished a synchronised swimming training session!" She thinks I'm mental

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Media/Columnists/Columnists/2011/8/17/1313595376651/Kay-Burley-007.jpg

Edited by: "deeky" 19th Jan 2013
ay Burley. ‘It must seem I am totally incapable of emotion when I’m on television because I’m very serious and hard. People think I’m a bitch, but showing emotion is not my job.

‘I think it’s something people find difficult and I don’t think they get the right impression of me. I’m not that person in life. Hearing about Diana’s death left me distraught. I really felt it. But it was only my time to be upset when I got home.’

Kay, whose career in news has spanned 30 years, is now the UK’s longest serving female journalist on television. She has broken and covered some of the world’s biggest news stories. She has reported on everything from the Gulf War and the crisis in Afghanistan to the fall of the Berlin Wall. She was also live on air when the second plane hit the Twin Towers in New York - the coverage of that event earned Sky News a BAFTA.

Sitting in the back of a taxi, travelling to an event, she is not a bit like her serious television persona. She chats, giggles and reminisces about
her Wigan childhood, spent with parents Kath and Frank, now deceased, and sister, Jacqueline.

‘I had a fantastic childhood,’ said the 50-year-old. ‘My parents were amazing. They never had any money but they were warm. If there was anyone who didn’t have anywhere to go on a Sunday, they would be around our dinner table.

‘My parents loved each other with a passion. My upbringing was full of
love. My sister and I did a lot of running for Wigan Harriers and dad would always be there to support us and encourage us.’

It was during her early years that Kay’s passion for writing started. After sending dozens of letters to newspapers pleading for a job she landed one at the Wigan Evening Post and Chronicle. The big stories came quickly.

She remembered: ‘My first job was reporting on a vegetable competition. But then I was asked to go to a house because someone had left their washing out too long. The neighbours had reported it to the police. It turned out to be a double murder case. That was a pretty good story for a trainee reporter.’
Kay went on to work on newspapers across the north of England before moving to London. It took a lot of hard work, and sometimes upset, to achieve her ambitions. This included having to abandon her Lancashire identity.

‘I was working at Red Rose Radio doing a 90 second slot about the day’s papers. I heard two of the presenters afterwards mimicking my accent. I was absolutely mortified.

‘I spent a long time practising by reading out Ceefax and I learned to get rid of my accent. I couldn’t afford elocution lessons so it was my way of doing it.’

Kay has enjoyed a lot of success. She has covered some of the world’s biggest stories and interviewed some of the world’s most prominent people. She has worked on programmes from TV-AM to her current role at Sky News which she considered a leap of faith - when she first joined there were just six people in the office and worked on wallpaper pasting tables. Now, there are more than 600 employees.

She has come in for a lot of criticism. An interview she did with Peter Andre about his children sparked hundreds of complaints and an official investigation was launched by OFCOM. It found in her favour. But the twice divorced single mum, who has an 18-year-old son called Alexander, takes it on the chin.

She said: ‘It’s just part of it. If people don’t like me it doesn’t upset me. A lot of people vent their spleen about me, but I honestly can’t take it seriously. There is only my family who know me properly.

‘I have been very lucky to do the interviews I have. There have been a lot of unexpected things happen to me though. I interviewed Gordon Brown about the budget. It wasn’t anything out of the ordinary but then he broke down in tears over the death of his baby girl. It was heart-breaking.

‘It’s so different all the time. I did an interview with Oliver Reed when I was eight months pregnant. He was very drunk and asked me to “shake your funky stuff to me, hot thing”. I let security deal with that.’

There is no questioning Kay’s success. But the price for it has been high. She has missed out on some of the most important moments of her son’s childhood including being called away from his 10th birthday party to carry out an interview with Rebecca Loos. It is something, she said, he still reminds her of it when he wants something.

Despite living in London for several years she still longs for the attitudes and straight-forward approach of Lancastrians.

She said: ‘What I love about Lancashire are the people. I love being around people who are grounded, honest, straight-forward and no nonsense. When I moved down here it took a lot of getting used to not being around people like that. It’s just not the same down here.

‘In London or the south, people aren’t necessarily being straight forward with you. In Lancashire they are straight to the point and I love that. I do miss it.’

I take it back, I wouldn't give her one. Horrible woman.
Watch her interview with Chris Bryant and the other with James O'Brien, she is scum and a terrible journalist.
Andy@XCite50 m ago

I'm only thankful that the OP isn't here to see this. …I'm only thankful that the OP isn't here to see this. https://news.sky.com/story/kay-burley-named-broadcast-journalist-of-the-year-at-london-press-club-awards-11354915

She is incredibly vile though, he was right about that. She's the only woman I could punch and not feel guilty. I might have said that earlier in the thread
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants