Groups

Why do lots of threads end up with pointless arguments?

I'm not sure why but people like to argue on forums, is it because you are hidden behind a computer so no-one knows who you are? Is it because we like to gang up on people?

I can't seem to get out of an argument, people constantly argue back and then complain that you are filling the thread with a pointless argument when it's them who are arguing. You can't leave because as soon as you do it looks like you've lost and have admitted that you were wrong.

Anyone have the answer?

47 Comments

wtfs your problem

the relgion arugments on fourms are the funniest ones imo

becuase with this many people theres bound to be conflicting opinions...... even though they are all wrong and mine is the only opinion that counts :lol:

why do you have an attitude about this? clearly some people have opinions and wish to share them, some people like antagonising people.

You should just let it be.

I think the 360 is best ;-)

worto03;1918882

lol oh yeah how could i forget

worto03;1918882

you're wrong, the PS3 kicks ass

Why do lots of threads end up with pointless arguments?

No they don't

Your turn

Anyone have the answer?

Yeah you're a dick

I shall now leave this knowing I am right and so have nothing more to say on the subject :lol: ;-)

Religion and HDMI leads, which is probably the same thing for some people ;-)

Banned

maybe if you stopped causing them they would die down

I agree ther are a few members with a 'god complex' who are ready pounce

Anyone have the answer?

Is it because some people don't know the difference between an argument and a discussion and some people have no idea that there may be another side to an opinion. Also some people think that they couldn't possible be wrong and others manage to get furious if disagreed with and yet others are very happy to have a discussion but really don't like trolling and flippant comments. Some people find it difficult to describe exactly what they mean. Some people just misunderstand what is being said.

Is it because we are people?

Banned

Probably because words are a poor way of expressing emotion. I'm constantly misunderstood :w00t: :w00t:

Must be even more of a nightmare expressing yourself if you had a bad education so are illegitimate ;-)

csiman;1919007

Probably because words are a poor way of expressing emotion. I'm … Probably because words are a poor way of expressing emotion. I'm constantly misunderstood :w00t:Must be even more of a nightmare expressing yourself if you had a bad education so are illegitimate ;-)

hahaha:-D Therapy all round then!

Banned

chesso;1918980

Is it because some people don't know the difference between an argument … Is it because some people don't know the difference between an argument and a discussion and some people have no idea that there may be another side to an opinion. Also some people think that they couldn't possible be wrong and others manage to get furious if disagreed with and yet others are very happy to have a discussion but really don't like trolling and flippant comments. Some people find it difficult to describe exactly what they mean. Some people just misunderstand what is being said.Is it because we are people?

here is the answer.... one thing to add is that tone is lost in text as are physical gestures so lots of misinterpreting turns into arguments.

no matter how many smilies are included! :thumbsup:

ps: did anyone else notice that dick wasnt censored in shengis' post?

csiman;1919007

Must be even more of a nightmare expressing yourself if you had a bad … Must be even more of a nightmare expressing yourself if you had a bad education so are illegitimate ;-)

You calling me French :thinking:

I never argue, just put my opinion, then people agree that theirs were wrong :whistling:

PapaSmurf;1918889

you're wrong, the PS3 kicks ass

FACT

Shengis;1918921

I shall now leave this knowing I am right and so have nothing more to say … I shall now leave this knowing I am right and so have nothing more to say on the subject :lol: ;-)

Shengis has the answer - "hit and run" - leave your opinion and let others continue the arguement if they want and you get on with something more constructive....

Banned

imranmaz;1919027

here is the answer.... one thing to add is that tone is lost in text as … here is the answer.... one thing to add is that tone is lost in text as are physical gestures so lots of misinterpreting turns into arguments. no matter how many smilies are included! :thumbsup:

Spot on! Plus the fact some people are to ready to click the reply button before considering what they have posted. Yes, I do include myself in this bunch.

100 lines

I must consider what I have written before hitting reply

if only it was that easy in my schooldays, then I wouldn't have RSI now ;-)

I'm gonna be on my best behaviour from now on. Feel free to pull me up if I step out of line. The trouble is I come on here after an afternoon pub visit

Maybe we need a drunk smilie.

Banned

gari189;1919075

Shengis has the answer - "hit and run" - leave your opinion and let … Shengis has the answer - "hit and run" - leave your opinion and let others continue the arguement if they want and you get on with something more constructive....

Is this why you only have 2,500+ posts or are you a very constructive person :-D

Original Poster

I just hate the fact that if you don't reply it looks like you were wrong. I accept Shengis' opinion in that you can sometimes leave a comment and run, but sometimes you need to continue posting in the same thread so to reply to others and not reply to the argument makes it look like you were wrong.

I often think I won't get drawn into an argument but if you post something like I'm not going to argue as it's pointless then they'll come back with something like I knew I was right!

Original Poster

csiman;1919141

Is this why you only have 2,500+ posts or are you a very constructive … Is this why you only have 2,500+ posts or are you a very constructive person :-D

not to argue but he has 2500-

csiman;1919132

Spot on! Plus the fact some people are to ready to click the reply button … Spot on! Plus the fact some people are to ready to click the reply button before considering what they have posted. Yes, I do include myself in this bunch.100 lines I must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting reply I must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyI must consider what I have written before hitting replyif only it was that easy in my schooldays, then I wouldn't have RSI now ;-)I'm gonna be on my best behaviour from now on. Feel free to pull me up if I step out of line. The trouble is I come on here after an afternoon pub visit :pMaybe we need a drunk smilie.

I'll just borrow those lines.
    Just preface each post with 'I am drunk'

Banned

chesso;1919179

I'll just borrow those lines. Just preface each post with 'I am drunk'

Not yet but working on it. It is friday after all :-D

Benjimoron;1919176

not to argue but he has 2500-

I told you I wasn't perfect

Original Poster

Do you think there's a little troll inside everyone? Or at least a reasonable amount of people? Are people with high posts counts/rep still considered trolls if they argue?

]http//re…htm

There's a pull down menu or a small begin button under it so scroll through the diferent types - most people are guilty of a cross section of these from time to time I think. Some if it's funny reading anyway.

Banned

ffffffffff

Banned

Benjimoron;1919263

Do you think there's a little troll inside everyone? Or at least a … Do you think there's a little troll inside everyone? Or at least a reasonable amount of people? Are people with high posts counts/rep still considered trolls if they argue?

Oh yes! Trouble is whenever I start a little bit of a wind-up, it backfires and I get trolled :oops:

Gotta change my ways! :?

worto03;1919280

]http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htmThere's a pull down menu or a … ]http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htmThere's a pull down menu or a small begin button under it so scroll through the diferent types - most people are guilty of a cross section of these from time to time I think. Some if it's funny reading anyway.

HAHA!! Toxic Granny !!

csiman;1919007

Probably because words are a poor way of expressing emotion. I'm … Probably because words are a poor way of expressing emotion. I'm constantly misunderstood :w00t: :w00t:Must be even more of a nightmare expressing yourself if you had a bad education so are illegitimate ;-)

I don't find it a problem:whistling:

worto03;1919280

]http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htmThere's a pull down menu or a … ]http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htmThere's a pull down menu or a small begin button under it so scroll through the diferent types - most people are guilty of a cross section of these from time to time I think. Some if it's funny reading anyway.

now thats funny....saw a bit of myself in one or two of those....Profundus Maximus??:oops:

csiman;1919007

Probably because words are a poor way of expressing emotion. I'm … Probably because words are a poor way of expressing emotion. I'm constantly misunderstood :w00t: :w00t:Must be even more of a nightmare expressing yourself if you had a bad education so are illegitimate ;-)

Do you mean illiterate? :thumbsup:

Agent_Silver;1920374

now thats funny....saw a bit of myself in one or two of … now thats funny....saw a bit of myself in one or two of those....Profundus Maximus??:oops:

Nooo. Haven't tracked your description down!!
    Is there a grammarian around?

chesso;1920478

Nooo. Haven't tracked your description down!!Is there a grammarian around?

cheeky fox:friends:

Agent_Silver;1920508

cheeky fox:friends:

I thnik you might be Big Cat!!! ( and I know who a few of the other are as well - see NN!!)
    Running away now. bye..eee

Banned

It's often a case of people not being able to read properly, or construct a meaningful sentence when replying. That's certainly the case with the last "bun fight" I got in to!

Original Poster

guv;1920806

It's often a case of people not being able to read properly, or construct … It's often a case of people not being able to read properly, or construct a meaningful sentence why replying. That's certainly the case with the last "bun fight" I got in to!

You mean "when replying"?

Wasn't the last Barney between you and I? I have to admit I was wrong on that one, well, my first post was right and I stand by it but the other 500 or so were more or less wrong!

Banned

Benjimoron;1920942

You mean "when replying"?!

He he! Typical!:p

Wasn't the last Barney between you and I? I have to admit I was wrong on … Wasn't the last Barney between you and I? I have to admit I was wrong on that one, well, my first post was right and I stand by it but the other 500 or so were more or less wrong!

Haven't a clue! Whatever is said in one thread is irrelivant to me in another. Life's too short to hold grudges over a little dissagrement!

chesso;1920656

I thnik you might be Big Cat!!! ( and I know who a few of the other are … I thnik you might be Big Cat!!! ( and I know who a few of the other are as well - see NN!!)Running away now. bye..eee

Like it...I am just one big pussy cat:-D

guv;1920806

It's often a case of people not being able to read properly, or construct … It's often a case of people not being able to read properly, or construct a meaningful sentence when replying. That's certainly the case with the last "bun fight" I got in to!

Was that the car tax thread???

If it was then the 2 of you were like dogs with bones...........I thought it was hilarious!:-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?912
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…11

See more discussions