Groups

why do newsreaders talk the way they do?

it's as if they have to put emphasis on each word they say and put a small pause between each word.

can't they talk like proper people?

5 Comments

Original Poster

but

i

can

understand

them

without

them

talking

a

stuck

record

scrumpypaul;8885131

buti canunderstandthemwithoutthemtalkinglikeastuckrecord

lol :thumbsup:

scrumpypaul

it's as if they have to put emphasis on each word they say and put a … it's as if they have to put emphasis on each word they say and put a small pause between each word.

It quite simply makes them easier to understand and makes them easier to listen to. Professions where public speaking is a primary skill use similar techniques.

Original Poster

i understand your point, but that's not what i mean.

it's as if they're concentrating on something else when trying to speak.

put them in a conversation mode perhaps when talking to another reporter and they talk like normal people having a conversation, but stick them back in front of their auto-cue and it's as if they're trying to maybe listen to what their producer is saying in their lug rather than concentrating on talking properly.

it may be just me but it does my bonce in.

Banned

why do newsreaders talk the way they do?

I'm more boogered off with why BBC news is being presented from South africa! I know they have a bottomless pit for our money but come on!!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do these 2 men have in common1014
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions