Expired

Why do people eat rice with a fork instead of a spoon?

LocalFound 26th Feb 2013
I just bought a Thai Red Chicken Curry rice dish from Pod. Curiously, they gave me a fork to eat it with, despite a spoon being more practical to eat rice with - why?.
Community Updates
AskLondonRice
22 Comments
fork knows I use a spoon
I know, many times I've had to ask for a spoon at restaurants because they only give a fork.
I cannot eat rice with a fork, it doesn't pick up enough food.
Spoons are for soup and desserts.
I eat rice with chopsticks so shrug
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done so all my life.
It makes the peas taste funny,
But keeps them on the knife.
Original Poster
Doors

Spoons are for soup and desserts.

And for rice too ;p
texan

I know, many times I've had to ask for a spoon at restaurants because … I know, many times I've had to ask for a spoon at restaurants because they only give a fork.I cannot eat rice with a fork, it doesn't pick up enough food.

Sounds like you need a shovel, if a fork doesn't hold enough food.
I use a spoon to eat pasta (not spagetti cos tha would be dumb) just pasta shells and stuff. Prefer it to a fork.

Some think I am weird but, well, it's just easier.
^^^ I bet you chew yoghurt as well :P
Oneday77

Sounds like you need a shovel, if a fork doesn't hold enough food.

Nope, spoons does the job. It's job. Not a fork! It's barely a mouthful.
I guess it's because they can? Just like Chinese can use chop-sticks. Why would you EVER use that I mean come on!
Original Poster
pankomputerek

I guess it's because they can? Just like Chinese can use chop-sticks. Why … I guess it's because they can? Just like Chinese can use chop-sticks. Why would you EVER use that I mean come on!

I only use chopsticks when I've eating rice from a bowl as opposed to a plate or a container.
Il admit im a fork-er
fork-ers are more polite.
I eat anything with a spoon, except spaghetti, and yes I did try
I guess I was just brought up like that, so.
cos it is healthier to eat food in small pieces rather then swallowing the whole pack of rice. thats why they are eating with sticks (it takes longer) but did u see fat chinese?? Digestion is faster when u eat that way
I eat rice with a fork. oO

Spoon = plebs
Original Poster
alexandermas

cos it is healthier to eat food in small pieces rather then swallowing … cos it is healthier to eat food in small pieces rather then swallowing the whole pack of rice. thats why they are eating with sticks (it takes longer) but did u see fat chinese?? Digestion is faster when u eat that way

I have seen many fat Chinese.... ;p Am not a particularly thin one myself though fortunately, I'm not the Michelin man yet...
Edited by: "jsty3105" 27th Feb 2013
Something to do with seperating the grains I suppose which also applies to Cous Cous
Banned
It's time to grow OP ..

http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/articles/health_tools/baby_food_first_year_slideshow/photolibrary_rm_photo_of_baby_being_fed_with_spoon.jpg
Spoons are for soup and greedy people. My partner uses just a fork (no knife) for most meals and it really annoys me.
Maybe I was just raised to elitist
Blatantly stolen from elsewhere...

Of all the utensils that were invented to eat rice with...

How the fcuk did two sticks win?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions