Groups

why do people love starbucks?

I'm not going to ramble what I think as i'm sure everybody is aware on people gripes are, but having being in one several times over last 5 years, I really can't get my finger on why people love it so much

Yes social, you love coffee blah blah, I personally think if you really loved coffee you would not being drinking Starbucks.

so what makes you want to spend your time and money in the chain?

34 Comments

no idea why do people love Starbucks?

what would you recommend, I go to Starbucks at the train station during exam season and it always tastes sub par

1. Why does it matter?
    2. People are not carbon copies of you.

/thread.
    Edited by: "RossD89" 9th May

Original Poster

RossD89

1. Why does it matter?2. People are not carbon copies of you./thread.

it would be ignorant to not have a understanding on your culture

Original Poster

dragonline77

what would you recommend, I go to Starbucks at the train station during … what would you recommend, I go to Starbucks at the train station during exam season and it always tastes sub par

not recommending anything, just wanna know what the hype is all about
    Edited by: "whelan189" 9th May

Quick and convenient probably is part of the reason. Your never more than 100 metres from a starbucks afterall..

Take away coffee in and out in about 3 minutes if no que.

strange tea sold at Starbucks too......only wanted normal tea ended up with compost in a tea bag oO oO

I prefer Costa

WhereI live there's much more Costa coffee shops, I would assume people like a hot drink on the move.

I've tried most of the major shops over the years, but have always favoured Starbucks over the others. I like their coffee and have never had an issue with returning a drink if it's not right. I ended up becoming a gold card holder which gets me free shots and occasional freebies when I've bought 15 cups.

Convienence - they are everywhere!

Nshizzle

Convienence - they are everywhere!

​Thankfully there's not one within at least ten miles of my house!

All coffee shops use dark roasted coffee.. Burnt.. Its easy to get it all the same every time. Bitter and strong though! Make it with milk and that takes the edge off the nasty taste. What is the most popular drink. Latte, because it's ok. Hot drink on the go or sitting in the shop with a group of friends or for a business meeting using free wifi. That's what and why coffee shops are popular. Nobody can taste the difference between coffee shops though. It's all the same as shown on TV blind tasting programme.

Starbucks soya latte's are lovely, I can't make them anywhere near that well so that's why I go!

I dont !! I love costa starbucks hot chocolate is disgusting!

Costa is the way forward!

Costa in every town in South and West London that i seen. Starbucks less frequent.

Do you mean actually sitting in the shop or do include take away as well.

If you mean in the shop itself then it stops these people pushing prams etc down the road with an 80°c cup of coffee hanging over their child.

Actually I've wondered the same thing about pub chains, for the same reasons. Overpriced (at least in/ near London) drinks that you could buy for much less at a supermarket. Cheap café-standard food marked up a few £. I don't understand why people are paying huge amounts to hang around with bog standard beer - and at busy times you (a) have to stand, and (b) often have to stand outside the pub, yet still pay the "eat in" price! The newspapers are always full of editorials bemoaning why we don't have pubs on every street corner any more, yet personally given the choice between the ordinary big chain pub and the ordinary big chain Starbucks, I'd rather have the Starbucks.
    Edited by: "Muir" 9th May

Tate and flavours

Where else is it socially acceptable to drink something loaded with insane amounts caffeine and sugar while writing erotic fan-fiction on a macbook?

In all seriousness it's down to the variety of drinks they offer and the free wifi.
    They opened a drive through Starbucks in my area and the food is probably the best drive through food you can get in the UK.

Never been in one and never will.

Never been in McDonald's either.

Original Poster

so what I have gathered in this is people are addicted to coffee, and they go to starbucks cause its near them,

I drink tea alot, but would not drink it out of home, as it always taste horrible, I've drank coffee a few times and some variants I like it, however with all the flavors is it really coffee anymore?

I'm glad im not addicted, and definitly will not try to get to like it, seems like a drug, instead of wasting money on weed spending it on cofffe

The branding and fast-ish coffee.

I like coffee shop coffees (free from Nero), but it's more like a dessert than a drink to me...

Well my partner and I always went into our local Starbucks at an Outlet Centre (at that stage was only 4 of them in N.Ireland with 1 being in the airport) because of the nice outside seating, became a habit sitting watching the world go by. The staff where always welcoming and friendly, knew your order had idle chat etc, nothing was any problem to them. My partner suddenly passed away just over two years ago now and I always go back because the staff had been supporting over myself anytime I went and few would have sat down and took there break with myself couple of them including the manageress even went to funeral. Now it's my social place to go and watch the world go by, in my head much as someone else touched upon I find it hard to think why people go to bars and pay for alcohol.
    Sometimes it's not just the product places sell etc but the staff that make a place.
    Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 10th May

why do ppl love football ?
    cant see the attraction myself but ppl are happy to spend money following their team
    as long as they are happy it does not bother me seems like a drug to me instead of wasting money on weed spending it on football
    Edited by: "mattmerch" 10th May

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts

Well my partner and I always went into our local Starbucks at an Outlet … Well my partner and I always went into our local Starbucks at an Outlet Centre (at that stage was only 4 of them in N.Ireland with 1 being in the airport) because of the nice outside seating, became a habit sitting watching the world go by. The staff where always welcoming and friendly, knew your order had idle chat etc, nothing was any problem to them. My partner suddenly passed away just over two years ago now and I always go back because the staff had been supporting over myself anytime I went and few would have sat down and took there break with myself couple of them including the manageress even went to funeral. Now it's my social place to go and watch the world go by, in my head much as someone else touched upon I find it hard to think why people go to bars and pay for alcohol. Sometimes it's not just the product places sell etc but the staff that make a place.

Yes I agree, not saying its the only thing that baffles me, I use to work in pubs, and the same blokes would come in and spend 30-40£ in pints, its just like gee work all day and then spend half or quarter of it on beer, to be far the reason for most of these men was to get away from there wife or they lived on there own and was lonely.

Original Poster

mattmerch

why do ppl love football ? cant see the attraction myself but ppl are … why do ppl love football ? cant see the attraction myself but ppl are happy to spend money following their team as long as they are happy it does not bother me seems like a drug to me instead of wasting money on weed spending it on football

Yeah I agree, it 's so expensive, however I think spending your money on something like football is alot different then sitting in a cafes sipping crappy coffee
    my opinion i'm sure some people like it if they add 100g of sugar

whelan189

Yeah I agree, it 's so expensive, however I think spending your money on … Yeah I agree, it 's so expensive, however I think spending your money on something like football is alot different then sitting in a cafes sipping crappy coffee my opinion i'm sure some people like it if they add 100g of sugar

exactly you feel football is a good way to spend money on other ppl don't its people choice how they choose to spend their money , lifes too short to care/judge what other people do

Original Poster

mattmerch

exactly you feel football is a good way to spend money on other ppl don't … exactly you feel football is a good way to spend money on other ppl don't its people choice how they choose to spend their money , lifes too short to care/judge what other people do

Oh I don't I would not pay the prices haha, I spend most my money on holidays several times a year,

I just wanted to know why people do it, i'm sure some are worse then others but ones I've been into its been a 5-10 minute wait to order, then pay 9£ for a sandwich and a coffee or milkshake, which taste average, about 900 calories, and the sandwich are bad quality, taste ok I spose? then wait 5 minutes for the drink either sitting down listening out like a hawk or standing like a lemon.... so for me i'm just like why would I do this 3-4 times a week?

oh should of mentioned I'm talking about people who go in daily, not people go in weekly or twice, I get that

whelan189

exactly you feel football is a good way to spend money on other ppl don't … exactly you feel football is a good way to spend money on other ppl don't its people choice how they choose to spend their money , lifes too short to care/judge what other people do

Oh I don't I would not pay the prices haha, I spend most my money on holidays several times a year,

same here oslo / japan so far
    New York end of the month
    hopefully Portland Oregon in june
    laos / Vietnam in august

if you need to know why ppl goto to starbucks daily maybe you should ask them

Original Poster

mattmerch

Oh I don't I would not pay the prices haha, I spend most my money on … Oh I don't I would not pay the prices haha, I spend most my money on holidays several times a year,same here oslo / japan so far New York end of the month hopefully Portland Oregon in june laos / Vietnam in august if you need to know why ppl goto to starbucks daily maybe you should ask them

if you need to know why ppl goto to starbucks daily maybe you should ask them

the title of this thread is 'why do people love starbucks?' (Y)

I've pretty sure I've never been to Starbucks, but I do like Cafe Nero, Camden coffee house is really awful though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. parquet floor sanded57
      2. Decent hoover66
      3. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…22
      4. Parcel Hero weight adjustment22

See more discussions