Why do people not know how to get out a car

Found 18th Dec 2017
so annoying 4th time this week and second time at work someone gets out the car and slams it in to my car
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments
Watched a women nearly take the back end off a Kia on a car park the other week, it lifted the Kia off the floor, she just carried on as if nothing had happened. Unlucky for her i got the reg & left a note under the wiper of the car she hit,with my mobile number on. The lady of the car she hit, phoned me & the Police are dealing with it now. Hate people who do this.
cmdr_elito5 m ago

The sooner vehicles come with 360 cameras the better. Will be able to …The sooner vehicles come with 360 cameras the better. Will be able to catch these ignorant people out. Sometimes though it is the fault of the car parks, spaces are too small for the growing width of vehicles as they add more airbags and tech into doors etc.

and some people drive on their own in massive cars...hmm?

32797243-e47WD.jpg
summerof762 h, 35 m ago

Not really

But you are still wasting your time. What could you possibly do with photos of car registrations? Anyone could have come in after those cars moved and caused the damage. The police wouldn't be interested (unless you're royalty or an mp l
91 Comments
This drives me insane!! And people wonder why I'm so fussy about where I park (someone still reversed into it yesterday, FFS!).
You need to think about getting a smaller car...

32796987-GM6WY.jpg
I assume you are talking about opening there car door into yours, I get it all the time, some people just don't care, I was sitting in my car recently in Asda car park when a car pulls into the space next to me, they did not know I was sitting in the car, the woman banged her car door into mine, I got out and told her what she had just done, she denied doing it and started to raise her voice, then she was just shouting 'what do you want me to do about it' I used to just leave it in the end, some people are just so hypocritical, they expect you to be okay with it but when it happens to them all hell brakes out. As most of the of the time we just park up and leave the car we don't realise just how many times it happens, it is only when you are waiting in your car in a car park that you realise just how inconsiderate many people are, when someone pulls into the space next to me I would say it is a good 50% chance they will open there car door into mine.
Watched a women nearly take the back end off a Kia on a car park the other week, it lifted the Kia off the floor, she just carried on as if nothing had happened. Unlucky for her i got the reg & left a note under the wiper of the car she hit,with my mobile number on. The lady of the car she hit, phoned me & the Police are dealing with it now. Hate people who do this.
The sooner vehicles come with 360 cameras the better. Will be able to catch these ignorant people out.

Sometimes though it is the fault of the car parks, spaces are too small for the growing width of vehicles as they add more airbags and tech into doors etc.
OldEnglish7 m ago

Watched a women nearly take the back end off a Kia on a car park the other …Watched a women nearly take the back end off a Kia on a car park the other week, it lifted the Kia off the floor, she just carried on as if nothing had happened. Unlucky for her i got the reg & left a note under the wiper of the car she hit,with my mobile number on. The lady of the car she hit, phoned me & the Police are dealing with it now. Hate people who do this.

Glad you caught her reg.
SOUTHWALES11 m ago

I assume you are talking about opening there car door into yours, I get it …I assume you are talking about opening there car door into yours, I get it all the time, some people just don't care, I was sitting in my car recently in Asda car park when a car pulls into the space next to me, they did not know I was sitting in the car, the woman banged her car door into mine, I got out and told her what she had just done, she denied doing it and started to raise her voice, then she was just shouting 'what do you want me to do about it' I used to just leave it in the end, some people are just so hypocritical, they expect you to be okay with it but when it happens to them all hell brakes out. As most of the of the time we just park up and leave the car we don't realise just how many times it happens, it is only when you are waiting in your car in a car park that you realise just how inconsiderate many people are, when someone pulls into the space next to me I would say it is a good 50% chance they will open there car door into mine.

The trouble is car parks want to ram as many spaces for cars in as possible, I've got a van & when i get out you can barley squeeze a fag paper between the car parked next to me. Would be nice if all spaces were the size of disabled & parent & child. Never going to happen though.
If you have a nice car (Alfa 1750 turbo here) then it is a mission to park it safely, Waitrose is normally ok far from the entrance. Or I end up parking miles away from the shops and walk, best places are wide roads or I find an office park at weekends and walk to the shopping outlets, least you get exercise.
cmdr_elito5 m ago

The sooner vehicles come with 360 cameras the better. Will be able to …The sooner vehicles come with 360 cameras the better. Will be able to catch these ignorant people out. Sometimes though it is the fault of the car parks, spaces are too small for the growing width of vehicles as they add more airbags and tech into doors etc.

and some people drive on their own in massive cars...hmm?

32797243-e47WD.jpg
UK parking spaces are generally 2.4 metres (7.9 ft) wide by 4.8 metres (16 ft) long, in the US compact spaces are 2.3 metres wide, but normal ones can be much wider 2.6, 2.8 metres etc. and are much deeper 16 to 20 feet (4.9–6.1 m).

A Range Rover sport is just over 2m wide so 20cm at either side if they manage to park right in the middle obviously isn't enough room.
I feel your pain. Also hate it when the parent and child bays are full, you're sat there waiting and a kid who's probably been walking for 7 years gets in!
I had a day old Lexus and parked in a spot as far away from other cars as possible to avoid this kinda thing. Came out of the store and found that there were now 2 cars side by side away from all the other cars...
SOUTHWALES42 m ago

I assume you are talking about opening there car door into yours, I get it …I assume you are talking about opening there car door into yours, I get it all the time, some people just don't care, I was sitting in my car recently in Asda car park when a car pulls into the space next to me, they did not know I was sitting in the car, the woman banged her car door into mine, I got out and told her what she had just done, she denied doing it and started to raise her voice, then she was just shouting 'what do you want me to do about it' I used to just leave it in the end, some people are just so hypocritical, they expect you to be okay with it but when it happens to them all hell brakes out. As most of the of the time we just park up and leave the car we don't realise just how many times it happens, it is only when you are waiting in your car in a car park that you realise just how inconsiderate many people are, when someone pulls into the space next to me I would say it is a good 50% chance they will open there car door into mine.

OldEnglish42 m ago

Watched a women nearly take the back end off a Kia on a car park the other …Watched a women nearly take the back end off a Kia on a car park the other week, it lifted the Kia off the floor, she just carried on as if nothing had happened. Unlucky for her i got the reg & left a note under the wiper of the car she hit,with my mobile number on. The lady of the car she hit, phoned me & the Police are dealing with it now. Hate people who do this.

Sprograt13 m ago

I’ve had the same thing happen to me whilst I was sat in my car waiting f …I’ve had the same thing happen to me whilst I was sat in my car waiting for my Mum having Chemotherapy the woman came back to her car opened the door and bang hits my door when I told her what she had done her reply was she’s not bothered as it’s a company car, well lady for a kick off I’m bothered as you’ve just damaged my door all I got was a gob full and she got in her car and drove off. It would of been a different matter if she purchased her car outright and I damaged her door, some people though just don’t give a sh*t.

So do you reckon women are the main culprits?
I've had 2 people slam their door into my car whilst I was sat inside, one was a disabled guy so I understood and left it but the other guy was just ignorant. Next time someone does it whilst I'm in my car, I'm going to slam my door into their car.
Predikuesi8 m ago

So do you reckon women are the main culprits?

Not sure, but I know most times it has happened to me it has been women.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 18th Dec 2017
This is why I ditched Asda for Costco, nice US style, big spaces in costco car park, and less of the idiotic clientele who have no idea how to open a car door.
When I park my car I always take pictures of the car reg on either side in case of damage. Old drivers are the worst, seen it loads of times when they reverse out of a car parking space and hit the car next to them.
bryanhaines39922 m ago

I had a day old Lexus and parked in a spot as far away from other cars as …I had a day old Lexus and parked in a spot as far away from other cars as possible to avoid this kinda thing. Came out of the store and found that there were now 2 cars side by side away from all the other cars...

That's a great story, nice one.
summerof767 m ago

When I park my car I always take pictures of the car reg on either side in …When I park my car I always take pictures of the car reg on either side in case of damage. Old drivers are the worst, seen it loads of times when they reverse out of a car parking space and hit the car next to them.

I had someone in our work office one year trying to say I had hit her car I hadn't, she told me well you were parked there when I parked so its your fault. told her I had went out at lunch and parked else where, she didn't believe me and told me to suck it up as I would only lose my excess! needless to say I didn't give her my details and heard nothing again.

Op some people just don't care sadly, sat in our local shops once and woman opened the door straight on to ours, I wound down the window and got a load of abuse luckily she hadn't done any damage.
eslick2 m ago

I had someone in our work office one year trying to say I had hit her car …I had someone in our work office one year trying to say I had hit her car I hadn't, she told me well you were parked there when I parked so its your fault. told her I had went out at lunch and parked else where, she didn't believe me and told me to suck it up as I would only lose my excess! needless to say I didn't give her my details and heard nothing again.Op some people just don't care sadly, sat in our local shops once and woman opened the door straight on to ours, I wound down the window and got a load of abuse luckily she hadn't done any damage.

They wouldn't get away with it from me and they can shout all they like
davewave6 m ago

That's a great story, nice one.

Still bitter that you were proven irrevocably wrong and completely incapable of a logical response?
bryanhaines39910 m ago

Still bitter that you were proven irrevocably wrong and completely …Still bitter that you were proven irrevocably wrong and completely incapable of a logical response?

Somebody may be bitter because I literally have zero idea what your insults refer to..stay on topic tho my dear friend.
davewave6 m ago

Somebody may be bitter because I literally have zero idea what your …Somebody may be bitter because I literally have zero idea what your insults refer to..stay on topic tho my dear friend.

Your condescending remarks suggest otherwise, no insults just a fact, and while you continue to try to bait me any response is on topic.
summerof7631 m ago

When I park my car I always take pictures of the car reg on either side in …When I park my car I always take pictures of the car reg on either side in case of damage. Old drivers are the worst, seen it loads of times when they reverse out of a car parking space and hit the car next to them.

Seems a lot of effort.
Also doesn't it cause people to get suspicious?
OldEnglish1 h, 20 m ago

The trouble is car parks want to ram as many spaces for cars in as …The trouble is car parks want to ram as many spaces for cars in as possible, I've got a van & when i get out you can barley squeeze a fag paper between the car parked next to me. Would be nice if all spaces were the size of disabled & parent & child. Never going to happen though.

What type of van have you got? Mines a mwb VW crafter high roof, it sticks out the back of spaces by a couple of foot, with the ifor Williams trailer on I need two spaces in length, I got fined for taking up two spaces though, how the hell can I park it ?
I feel your pain! I went to Lidl’s a couple of weeks back, Baby in car seat and 8 year old, all parent and child spaces were full, so I waited about 10mins to get one (coz there’s no way I’d fit baby seat out the door in normal space, just when someone pulled out of p&c , I indicated to go in, and a man in a big warrior jeep, no kids, pulled in and did a shop, I was furious! So had to park in a normal space, to come back and find I had been blocked in, couldn’t get baby into the car without pulling forward out of the space first, and then finding a mark on my drivers door coz the people next to us had parked too close!(mad)
davewave1 h, 38 m ago

and some people drive on their own in massive cars...hmm?[Image]

And some people drive tiny cars when they can walk.....? Some people cycle in the road when there is a cycle path. Some people stay at home when they could go out. Some people marry and some people don’t........10/10 for irrelevance.
Bestard44 m ago

Seems a lot of effort.Also doesn't it cause people to get suspicious?

Not really
lw89x47 m ago

I feel your pain! I went to Lidl’s a couple of weeks back, Baby in car s …I feel your pain! I went to Lidl’s a couple of weeks back, Baby in car seat and 8 year old, all parent and child spaces were full, so I waited about 10mins to get one (coz there’s no way I’d fit baby seat out the door in normal space, just when someone pulled out of p&c , I indicated to go in, and a man in a big warrior jeep, no kids, pulled in and did a shop, I was furious! So had to park in a normal space, to come back and find I had been blocked in, couldn’t get baby into the car without pulling forward out of the space first, and then finding a mark on my drivers door coz the people next to us had parked too close!(mad)

There are a lot of self important out there. That kind of behaviour irks me something rotten. I really do need to chill before I have a fit or something.
airfix2 h, 12 m ago

If you have a nice car (Alfa 1750 turbo here) then it is a mission to park …If you have a nice car (Alfa 1750 turbo here) then it is a mission to park it safely, Waitrose is normally ok far from the entrance. Or I end up parking miles away from the shops and walk, best places are wide roads or I find an office park at weekends and walk to the shopping outlets, least you get exercise.

I don’t have a nice car (it’s more for practicality than looks) but I still make an effort to park it safely.

I always park further away in the hope that some twat won’t park close and dent it- I always seem to end up with someone working right beside me.

My husband has a nice car - a4 s line and someone scraped his wheel arch pretty badly a few weeks ago.
cmdr_elito51 m ago

And some people drive tiny cars when they can walk.....? Some people cycle …And some people drive tiny cars when they can walk.....? Some people cycle in the road when there is a cycle path. Some people stay at home when they could go out. Some people marry and some people don’t........10/10 for irrelevance.

yeah no point complaining your door gets dinged when you're parking a posh truck in the supermarket car park.
airfix1 h, 12 m ago

What type of van have you got? Mines a mwb VW crafter high roof, it sticks …What type of van have you got? Mines a mwb VW crafter high roof, it sticks out the back of spaces by a couple of foot, with the ifor Williams trailer on I need two spaces in length, I got fined for taking up two spaces though, how the hell can I park it ?

VW T4. i'm not a fan of new motors lol. Was going to do an Alfa Romeo 1750 turbo engine conversion on it, but was worried about it not having enough power to go up hills.
maybe the problem is the car parks offer very little room to get out of cars once in their "just enought to park" bays
Edited by: "Azztec" 18th Dec 2017
If someone parks skew or over the lines I normally slam my door into theirs.
Bought myself a new to me second hand Honda Civic. Normally I park the furthest away and walk as I don’t trust anyone else. Went to the cinema with a friend and had to park with everyone as no space. We were sitting in the car after talking about movie and an older lady must not have seen us, bang! Straight into my door. Literally no attempt to avoid it. I was fuming. Luckily no damage and I couldn’t berate her as she’s old.

I always choose my cars wisely. I never park next to 7 seaters or older unloved cars. Try and stick it in between newer cars.

TL:DR
People suck
davewave20 m ago

yeah no point complaining your door gets dinged when you're parking a posh …yeah no point complaining your door gets dinged when you're parking a posh truck in the supermarket car park.

I suppose a Ford Focus is a posh truck is it? Last time I checked it was a family car.......

Doesn’t matter to me whether it’s Ford Focus or a Range Rover sport if you work hard for something you treat it with respect and people should respect others and not be inconsiderate 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 if you don’t care about your car park it next to a wall and slam the doors into it as much as you like, don’t do it to others cars.
Need these fitted to all cars.

OldEnglish45 m ago

VW T4. i'm not a fan of new motors lol. Was going to do an Alfa Romeo 1750 …VW T4. i'm not a fan of new motors lol. Was going to do an Alfa Romeo 1750 turbo engine conversion on it, but was worried about it not having enough power to go up hills.

So you planned to put an engine into something which weighs half a ton more and concerned about power loss? Lol which fen do you live down in Norfolk?
airfix15 m ago

So you planned to put an engine into something which weighs half a ton …So you planned to put an engine into something which weighs half a ton more and concerned about power loss? Lol which fen do you live down in Norfolk?

You love that Italian sports car of yours lol. Wife had a Fiat once & we scrapped it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants