why do people pay more than a voucher is worth on ebay?

Found 26th Nov 2008
Was looking for amazon vouchers on ebay to save a bit of cash on a new camera but most of the vouchers on there are going for more than the value of the voucher!, I did this earlier in a year and saved myself about £20.

surely paying more for the voucher is just madness?

8 Comments

yh I agree but some people are just idiots or plain stupid

because some people are thick as pig poo poo

I wondered this before, I think we found an answer eventually. Think it's probably a scam. People say they'll pay x amount but claim their money back via paypal as the item was never sent through the post.

They let the auction get control of them. A few days ago I sold a DS Game, expected to get around £30.00 (same as Play sells it for), but got £41.00 for it.

Banned

they add quidco for a voucher, brings it down in the end

Banned

Benjimoron;3577567

I wondered this before, I think we found an answer eventually. Think it's … I wondered this before, I think we found an answer eventually. Think it's probably a scam. People say they'll pay x amount but claim their money back via paypal as the item was never sent through the post.

that is exactly right for most

i read a story in the which mag about a guy who bid on ebay £169 for a £200 voucher paid on a credit card
paid thro paypal and never received the voucher -supposed to have been sent to a neighbours number
she said she received a load of empty files.

Basically there's scam artists at work - the guy cant get his money back from anyone. No-one will take
responsibility.

take your money and find a bargain not chance a voucher !!

bobbybuilder;3580016

i read a story in the which mag about a guy who bid on ebay £169 for a … i read a story in the which mag about a guy who bid on ebay £169 for a £200 voucher paid on a credit card paid thro paypal and never received the voucher -supposed to have been sent to a neighbours numbershe said she received a load of empty files.Basically there's scam artists at work - the guy cant get his money back from anyone. No-one will take responsibility.take your money and find a bargain not chance a voucher !!

The Which magazine? That was here, yesterday.
Post a comment
@
    Text