Groups

Why Do People Poke Fun At Others / Is It Good To Poke Fun

Hello people

Just wondering if anybody thinks poking fun at others is a good thing or a bad thing.
    ( when I say poke fun, I mean personel attacks )

Have any of you been poked fun at on here ?

Are there any culprits that do poke fun at others on here ?

Would it be right to name and shame the culprits ?

Just hoping I have spelt everything ok or I will
    be getting poked fun at again.

Thanks

84 Comments

lol!
    I get it about my spelling all the time!

Poking fun is basically bullying - so if you asking if bullying is ok then no

Original Poster

Pitbikeboy

Yeah mee too i'm terribul wi mine. :oops:

Banned

I really would ot worry about it,they got nothing better to do.The thing is if you let them know that they are winding you up they will do it more.

I'm the sort to poke fun for humour, but this is generally directed at myself, if you cant take it then dont give it. I'm confident enough in myself to be able to make fun of any shortcomings I may have.

There's one poster in particular who thinks it is his mission in life to correct everyone's spelling, i'm pretty sure everyone already knows who it is

I've told a few other people on here that have done it too that it is a bit out of order as the next person they do it to could be dyslexic etc and get really offended from it, they don't stop though

I think when posters are doing it to be pedantic rather than helpful it should be a suspension

depends whether the other person is laughin too, i suppose.
    I usually poke fun at myself anyway - so dont mind if others do (as long as they can take it as well)

Original Poster

Rediron

You have a valid point there :thumbsup:

By the way, who is it ? :whistling:

Since when has an internet forum been an English exam

Don't let it bother you :thumbsup:

fireheaven;2941557

Since when has an internet forum been an English examDon't let it bother … Since when has an internet forum been an English examDon't let it bother you :thumbsup:

Who asked you:p

Hows it going hun?

charver;2941541

RedironYou have a valid point there :thumbsup:By the way, who is it ? … RedironYou have a valid point there :thumbsup:By the way, who is it ? :whistling:

I'm not going to name names, i've told them not to bother correcting my spelling again they haven't since so that will do me

Someone else may tell you who it is though, I think most people know who i'm talking about

Original Poster

Hey Dandoc2

Have you changed your avatar, i like it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

RedIron;2941568

I'm not going to name names, i've told them not to bother correcting my … I'm not going to name names, i've told them not to bother correcting my spelling again they haven't since so that will do meSomeone else may tell you who it is though, I think most people know who i'm talking about

hmmm I have no idea!!!

harlzter;2941566

Who asked you:pHows it going hun?

I think you will find its "how's"

Good thanks, practising hard ;-)

harlzter;2941499

I'm the sort to poke fun for humour, but this is generally directed at … I'm the sort to poke fun for humour, but this is generally directed at myself, if you cant take it then dont give it. I'm confident enough in myself to be able to make fun of any shortcomings I may have.

i don't know of any!

fireheaven;2941582

I think you will find its "how's" :pGood thanks, practising hard ;-)

Practising hard? sounds errm ooeerr missus

Some people bully others on an internet forum because they're cowards who can hide behind their computer screen. Instead of rising to the bait you should pity them - sad strange little people.

Original Poster

fireheaven;2941582

I think you will find its "how's" :pGood thanks, practising hard ;-)

Let's not start correcting each other on this post. :-D

bargainbetty;2941626

Some people bully others on an internet forum because they're cowards who … Some people bully others on an internet forum because they're cowards who can hide behind their computer screen.

Exactly keyboard warriors, I wouldnt say anything to someone online I wouldnt be willing to say to their face, however I can be blunt in real life too, say it as you see it is my motto!

Original Poster

bargainbetty;2941626

Some people bully others on an internet forum because they're cowards who … Some people bully others on an internet forum because they're cowards who can hide behind their computer screen. Instead of rising to the bait you should pity them - sad strange little people.

So true. :thumbsup:

charver;2941632

Nah I was just messing with Harlzter and he knows it

charver;2941632

Dont worry that is just harmless banter:-D We can both take it;-)

fireheaven;2941657

Nah I was just messing with Harlzter and he knows it

Hey you can "mess" with me anytime ;-)

Original Poster

harlzter;2941667

Is this going somewhere ? :oops:

harlzter;2941667

Harlzter has a fantastic way of being blunt to the point in an inoffensive manner.
    He says what i would love to say to ppl. But that dont seem offended by the way he phrases it.
    I have a knack of peeing ppl of lmao

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2332/policetj6.th.jpg

charver;2941688

Is this going somewhere ? :oops:

with ya avvy id say brokeback mountain.......................jk

Original Poster

RedIron;2941695

Sorry Sir, I won't do it again Sir. :whistling:

harlzter;2941667

:thumbsup: ;-)

Seriously though Charver, the majority of people are friendly and helpful here, just ignore the ones who "think" they are better

Banned

fireheaven;2941727

:thumbsup: ;-)Seriously though Charver, the majority of people are … :thumbsup: ;-)Seriously though Charver, the majority of people are friendly and helpful here, just ignore the ones who "think" they are better

i dont think, i know :whistling:

Original Poster

fireheaven;2941727

:thumbsup: ;-)Seriously though Charver, the majority of people are … :thumbsup: ;-)Seriously though Charver, the majority of people are friendly and helpful here, just ignore the ones who "think" they are better

Yeah I know, in the short time I have been on this forum,
    I have come across a few of you on this post,
    on some of my other posts etc, and seem like a good bunch
    ( by the way I couldn't spell desent ) so I had to put a good bunch. :oops:

Cheers :thumbsup:

DIVA1977;2941691

Harlzter has a fantastic way of being blunt to the point in an … Harlzter has a fantastic way of being blunt to the point in an inoffensive manner.He says what i would love to say to ppl. But that dont seem offended by the way he phrases it.I have a knack of peeing ppl of lmao

Thanks (I think:oops:)

sassie;2941741

i dont think :whistling:

About time you showed up, not like you to be late to a party:p

Banned

harlzter;2941796

Thanks (I think:oops:)About time you showed up, not like you to be late … Thanks (I think:oops:)About time you showed up, not like you to be late to a party:p

oh i been busy, but now im all unbusy :-D

Original Poster

Did I spell ( desent ) right ? :oops:

Banned

raptorcigs;2941619

i don't know of any!

Me neither :-D

sassie;2941811

oh i been busy, but now im all unbusy :-D

housework been keeping you occupied?:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Banned

harlzter;2941845

housework been keeping you occupied?:whistling::whistling::whistling:

dont be silly, only do that if the day ends in an s, i been having a shower :oops:

Banned

charver;2941841

Did I spell ( desent ) right ? :oops:

Nope! Decent! :-D

sassie;2941741

i dont think, i know :whistling:

You know that you don't think??? :whistling:
    How's the bites sassie? All healed up I hope.

Spelling - errors can't be helped but you know it's just possible that someone may be trying to be helpful or having a giggle- like FH and harlzter ^^^^^. Don't let it stop you enjoying a bit of a banter. I can spell, iijust can't type.;-)

Banned

sassie;2941855

dont be silly, only do that if the day ends in an s, i been having a … dont be silly, only do that if the day ends in an s, i been having a shower :oops:

You in your towels AGAIN Auntie Sassie? :w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3933
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313

See more discussions