Why do people vote cold?

Found 15th May
I'm curious as to the reasons that people vote cold on deals.

Anyone care to enlighten me..?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Because they're not very good deals!
20 Comments
Skaman3 m ago

I was hoping for something a bit more detailed than that. For example, what makes a deal a "not very good deal"?
Some people vote cold purely because they don't like the retailer or manufacturer or poster. Some vote cos it isn't a good deal. Others because they just got out of bed the wrong side.
Maybe a better question is why do members vote hot ? - Its called "Sheep voting" - it will always happen when members are not required to justify their votes with a comment . Take this one hotukdeals.com/dea…361 . Obvious fake and to be avoided , yet the sheep voted it hot , because others voted it hot - just following the crowd I'm afraid
rogparki3 m ago

Maybe a better question is why do members vote hot ? - Its called "Sheep …Maybe a better question is why do members vote hot ? - Its called "Sheep voting" - it will always happen when members are not required to justify their votes with a comment . Take this one https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-32gb-evo-plus-micro-sd-card-699-ebay-universaltechbase2014-2939361#comment-33791328 . Obvious fake and to be avoided , yet the sheep voted it hot , because others voted it hot - just following the crowd I'm afraid

Interesting point - a question I might pose another day.
erasion14 m ago

I was hoping for something a bit more detailed than that. For example, …I was hoping for something a bit more detailed than that. For example, what makes a deal a "not very good deal"?

For me it's simple, if the price isn't the best price for the product then it's not a deal, I disagree with cold votes for stupid reasons like a good cheap TV that will get voted cold by some because it's not 4K, I rarely vote cold though to be honest unless something obviously fits my first point.
Where is the vote button for this thread 😜😜😜
rogparki54 m ago

Maybe a better question is why do members vote hot ? - Its called "Sheep …Maybe a better question is why do members vote hot ? - Its called "Sheep voting" - it will always happen when members are not required to justify their votes with a comment . Take this one https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-32gb-evo-plus-micro-sd-card-699-ebay-universaltechbase2014-2939361#comment-33791328 . Obvious fake and to be avoided , yet the sheep voted it hot , because others voted it hot - just following the crowd I'm afraid

I more or less gave up voting for that reason, people voting like sheep. People voting hot/cold based on who posted it or the retailer.
I never saw that SD card but good look with your treasured photos/holiday videos a few months down the line to anyone who bought one.
shadey1211 m ago

I more or less gave up voting for that reason, people voting like sheep. …I more or less gave up voting for that reason, people voting like sheep. People voting hot/cold based on who posted it or the retailer.I never saw that SD card but good look with your treasured photos/holiday videos a few months down the line to anyone who bought one.

I must admit I fail to see why members vote something hot or cold just to follow the trend . Maybe it makes them feel part of the "in crowd " ? That SD card was an obvious one but there are many others (both hot and Cold to be fair ) . I learn a lot from members who leave intelligent comments (it used to be that way on HUKD) . I learn nothing from "sheep voting " Members -please if you don't really understand the deal please don't feel you just have to follow the crowd . You don't have to vote !
Edited by: "rogparki" 15th May
deleted396333
Why do people vote hot ‘for effort’?
I vote hot/cold depending on whether the deal is the best current and available price.
People vote cold because.... they can.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 15th May
Why does voting hot push it up more than voting cold?.

Say 50 voted hot and 50 voted cold it would be over 100oC and hot.

Sometimes makes it difficult for me to push Apple deals down
I always vote SportsDirect 'deals' cold and always will, and I state so when I do it.
Most of the times it's sheep-voting... they see a deal cold and they click cold too.

Some people vote cold based on the retailer, no matter how good the deal is. They have other irrational reasons like that too... such as the deal has been posted already so it gets downvoted as a sort of punishment for being a duplicate etc.

The rest of the time because the deal actually sucks.
ScubaDudes14 h, 50 m ago

Why does voting hot push it up more than voting cold?.Say 50 voted hot and …Why does voting hot push it up more than voting cold?.Say 50 voted hot and 50 voted cold it would be over 100oC and hot. Sometimes makes it difficult for me to push Apple deals down

I always do the same! LOL Apple that us not a fruit = cold for me!
Bikes that cost 3 grand = Cold!
Because it’s hot or it’s cold! Or it’s an IPhone Deal and Samsung Sheep Bash it or a Samsung Deal and IPhone Sheep Bash it! Either way we’re all Sheep!
Edited by: "ASongOfFireAndIce" 16th May
gcmarcal10 h, 8 m ago

Bikes that cost 3 grand = Cold!

Ahhh a cycling connoisseur.
because they are not hot.. damn it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants