Groups
    EXPIRED

Why do people vote cold and not explain why!!

i cant understand why people vote cold for items and not explain why, if they are voting cold there must be a reason! ie cheaper elsewhere - if so why dont they tell us where its cheaper and not just vote cold, sorry for the rant its just really bugging me!!

24 Comments

Banned

Because they can.

Annoying i know but its something that we just have to deal with im afraid.

Have you got a particular deal in mind ?

deb8z;5021990

i wana know what the deal is with themtights

should be in feedback really, this has been raised more times than the immigrant one!

Original Poster

deb8z;5021990

I put a deal up yesterday, the item has now sold out. I had bought the item them all the cold votes came in, just thought it would have been nice if somebody could have told me why it was cold and if i could have got them cheaper elseware

...because it's not a hot deal. (fullstop)

Smeagol i wana know what the deal is with themtights

skusey;5022003

should be in feedback really, this has been raised more times that the … should be in feedback really, this has been raised more times that the immigrant one!

lol:w00t:

nkje02;5022011

I put a deal up yesterday, the item has now sold out. I had bought the … I put a deal up yesterday, the item has now sold out. I had bought the item them all the cold votes came in, just thought it would have been nice if somebody could have told me why it was cold and if i could have got them cheaper elseware

Was it the shoes ?

Maybe people thought they were still too expensive.

Original Poster

deb8z;5022145

Was it the shoes ?Maybe people thought they were still too expensive.

really for the make they are that is really cheap

The deal was only minus 20 degrees, as little as 3 people voted on it, not worth a thread about it in "Misc".

Do we really want 200 people listing the same reasons why they voted cold, to clog up the thread?

splatsplatsplat;5022526

Do we really want 200 people listing the same reasons why they voted … Do we really want 200 people listing the same reasons why they voted cold, to clog up the thread?

Yes please

thesaint;5022519

The deal was only minus 20 degrees, as little as 3 people voted on it, … The deal was only minus 20 degrees, as little as 3 people voted on it, not worth a thread about it in "Misc".

how can u tell how many ppl voted?

i like to know why they voted cold because sometimes you just cant tell
    but i think alot of the time people vote if they think it just simply isnt a deal or if they dont like it,
    i didnt vote on your shoes but i think they not nice and not worth £40 imo this would be cold as to me its not a deal at all but i dont vote on these reasons as someone else might love them and think they well worth it i wouldnt vote at all in this case but some would vote cold for this reason, but there are many more reasons including some people just like the blue button better than the red ha

carol123;5022627

how can u tell how many ppl voted?

You can't.

I said "as little" as 3 people voted. A member can add -9 as a maximum, so 2 members with -9 vote, and a member with -2 could've voted.

I dont leave a reason when I vote cold because...

When I reply to a thread, I'm automatically subscribed to it. I don't want to subscribe to a deal which I think is cold, so I then have to go through *all the effort* required to unsubscribe. It is far easier to vote cold and walk away.
    Saying that though, I rarely if ever vote cold, I save it for people asking "why the cold votes?" and anyone that posts a petrol price update as a deal

ctuk;5022935

I dont leave a reason when I vote cold because...When I reply to a … I dont leave a reason when I vote cold because...When I reply to a thread, I'm automatically subscribed to it. I don't want to subscribe to a deal which I think is cold, so I then have to go through *all the effort* required to unsubscribe. It is far easier to vote cold and walk away. Saying that though, I rarely if ever vote cold, I save it for people asking "why the cold votes?" and anyone that posts a petrol price update as a deal

Why not just set default to not subscribed!

Seems odd to subscribe to every thread you post in!

I think too many people don't know what they are talking about.

You can post a top of the range brand new 42" Plasma that may retail at £1200 in shops and be online for £799 and because you can get a bottom of the range, pants, 5 year old LCD for 300 people will vote it cold.

I just don't vote, period, I don't even use it as an indicator for deals, pretty much just ignore it for the above reason.

because most of the time when I post in a thread (like in this one) I generally have an interest.
    In this case, I can now reply to you replying to me... see it worked.

Banned

I like to know why people vote cold - it gives you a chance to tell them why they're wrong.

I assume the cold votes mine get is because I've offended them in misc, but that's okay.

Just dont mention the X word lol

ClarityofMind;5023277

Just dont mention the X word lol

Which one
    xamoterol
    xanax
    xanthan
    xanthate
    xanthation
    xanthe
    xanthein
    xanthelasma