why do shampoo bottles stand the right way up and conditioner bottles upside-down?

...or is it the other way round?

This question has bothered me for years. Please someone put me out of my misery!

36 Comments

Banned

Heinz ketchup is the same (although not in bottles).

Banned

because conditioner is thicker;-)

sassie

And its so you can distinct them from each other.

Ie: Shampoo right way up.
Conditioner opposite.

Banned

sassie

I didn't bother answering as I thought that maybe they were taking the 'p'.

Banned

Prissymiss

I didn't bother answering as I thought that maybe they were taking the … I didn't bother answering as I thought that maybe they were taking the 'p'.

oh well im used to that so no worries there:giggle:

t0mm

And its so you can distinct them from each other.Ie: Shampoo right way … And its so you can distinct them from each other.Ie: Shampoo right way up. Conditioner opposite.

Why take two bottles into the shower, when you can wash and go:-D

Banned

Ditto

Why take two bottles into the shower, when you can wash and go:-D

Wow, step back to the 80's:giggle:

Banned

I turn all my bottles upside down and cannot believe how much i would throw away if i didn't:w00t:

who cares just use Head and shoulders 3 in 1

I buy Boots Basics condition cos works like magic for combing out headlice,thats in a normal bottle and think a lot of other Boots own make conditioner in upright bottles.

Banned

sassie

I turn all my bottles upside down and cannot believe how much i would … I turn all my bottles upside down and cannot believe how much i would throw away if i didn't:w00t:

Very frugle:thumbsup:

Original Poster

No I wasn't Taking the ****, I seriously didn't know why. I thought it was one of life's mysteries. But thank you for explaining. :-)

qazim

who cares just use Head and shoulders 3 in 1

Errr... What's the 3rd thing?

pubjoe, these HUKD lot are an astounding font of knowledge.
You have had your question answered, do you mind if I ask "What is the meaning of life"?

If you do mind, let me know and i'll start a new thread.

Banned

pubjoe

No I wasn't Taking the ****, I seriously didn't know why. I thought it … No I wasn't Taking the ****, I seriously didn't know why. I thought it was one of life's mysteries. But thank you for explaining. :-)Errr... What's the 3rd thing?

go...

Banned

thesaint

pubjoe, these HUKD lot are an astounding font of knowledge. You have had … pubjoe, these HUKD lot are an astounding font of knowledge. You have had your question answered, do you mind if I ask "What is the meaning of life"?If you do mind, let me know and i'll start a new thread.

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Original Poster

thesaint

pubjoe, these HUKD lot are an astounding font of knowledge. You have had … pubjoe, these HUKD lot are an astounding font of knowledge. You have had your question answered, do you mind if I ask "What is the meaning of life"?If you do mind, let me know and i'll start a new thread.

I just checked the FAQ and can't find it there. I'll try searching for it.

Banned

thesaint

Prissymiss

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

I welcome it, I was up half the night being bored to death by some random half-wit.
It'd be a welcome relief.

Spill it.

Banned

I hate to point out the obvious, but dont all bottles stand the way you stand them, either way, dependant on how you stand them :?

Banned

thesaint

I welcome it, I was up half the night being bored to death by some random … I welcome it, I was up half the night being bored to death by some random half-wit.It'd be a welcome relief.Spill it.

Maybe death is not the kind of relief you really need;-)

Prissymiss

oooh prissy!:giggle: :giggle:

Prissymiss

:oops:

bitseylango

Weren't you from Notts last week, now it's Nottm :thinking:

Banned

bitseylango

We will need to think up some top tips for him:thinking:

Prissymiss

We will need to think up some top tips for him:thinking:

I'm flying solo, so none that involve a co-pilot.

thesaint

Weren't you from Notts last week, now it's Nottm :thinking:

Nottingham is in Notts. :-D

Banned

thesaint

I'm flying solo, so none that involve a co-pilot.

:thinking: If I use this smiley for inspiration, a little head rubbing and something might pop up. Just wait, I may be able to help:whistling:

Syzable

Nottingham is in Notts. :-D

I know, but i'm sure it said Notts, and not Nottm next to 'Location' last week.

Prissymiss

:thinking: If I use this smiley for inspiration, a little head rubbing … :thinking: If I use this smiley for inspiration, a little head rubbing and something might pop up. Just wait, I may be able to help:whistling:

That's old hat, it got boring after the 1st year. :x

thesaint

I know, but i'm sure it said Notts, and not Nottm next to 'Location' last … I know, but i'm sure it said Notts, and not Nottm next to 'Location' last week.

it always said Nottm

Banned

bitseylango

it always said Nottm

See his previous comment, a year of that and he has gone blind.

The rumours are true:w00t:

bitseylango

it always said Nottm

Oh sorry. My eyesight has been deteriorating recently. :whistling:

Got to go and visit the 'Rellies' see ya. :thumbsup:

Hey Priss, I can say that you can't.

Banned

thesaint

Hey Priss, I can say that you can't.

I can say what I like, I'm a grown up:p

:giggle:

Have fun visiting.

I tend to have a 2 in 1 shampoo, but if i do have seperate ones, then i stand both the same way, with the lids pointing downwards!

oh got an answer this morning - texperts say it's to differentiate between shampoo and conditioner (i suppose whilst your suds are all over your hair ... and eyes). makes sense.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213602
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764026
    3. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1413
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 511

See more discussions